Official Birthday/Anniversary Cake thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really enjoying pics of all the cakes. Thanks for sharing. My question is: I know the hotels all have bakeries but can you just walk up to a " Bakery counter" in any hotel and buy a more generic type cake already made up? It's just me and my DH going for my birthday and I would really just like one of the mini cakes. We will be at WL. Thanks and Happy Holidays.

KSBelle said:
I'm really enjoying pics of all the cakes. Thanks for sharing. My question is: I know the hotels all have bakeries but can you just walk up to a " Bakery counter" in any hotel and buy a more generic type cake already made up? It's just me and my DH going for my birthday and I would really just like one of the mini cakes. We will be at WL. Thanks and Happy Holidays.

Not all resorts have their own bakeries (mostly the deluxes and home away from homes do) and no, there are no bakeries (except the one on the Boardwalk) that you can walk up to and buy a cake from. You would need to pre-order the cake and have it delivered somewhere (your room or a restaurant in that resort).

The best bet is to call the WL and ask what they have available to pre-order. I believe you'd speak with the in-room dining folks.

As far as I know the mini-castle cake is only available at the GF.

Good luck.

Remember the Magic,

Thanks so much for the info, I'll probably do just that! Looks like you had a great 21st B-day and cake!! Thanks for responding so fast I appreciate your help. Gotta run and pack up I'll be there tommorow for lunch!!! Thanks again, PS my husband is Irish as well Piglets Parents :wave: :goodvibes

no problem piglet's parents, I'm happy to help! :thumbsup2 I hope you have a great trip and be sure to let me know how the cake plan turns out! ps if your husband speaks Irish tell him I said Dia dhuit! ;)

Just thought I would let you all know... that large castle can be ordered at the GF (or any other bakery on site) or you can get it through here as they are the company that supplies the castles to the WDW bakeries.

The small castle, which is on the cake above, is $127 with tax....

We are having it on top of our wedding cake... :thumbsup2

I read on there the large castle is 10lbs, and costs 275 dollars. I love it and am highly considering having them deliever one to our hotel during our honeymoon.

First off, I would like to say thank you to everyone who has contributed info to this thread.

I just spoke w/ Amy at MK, and she has helped me set up a suprise cake for my parents anniversary to be delivered for our dinner at LTT. Options were white cake w/ white buttercream, or choc cake w/ choc buttercream, in the 8 inch, for $25. She said mixing the cake/icings were not an option. Basically those are the only two options for the 8 inch cake.

Also, I inquired about prepayment for the cake, as my parents will most likely attempt to pick up the bill and then they would be charged the amount of the cake. She emailed me a form and I emailed it back to her, and we are now all set. So, if anyone needs to prepay for their cake, it can be done!

Ok, so I need some help deciding on a type of cake. My DW LOVES cake, but she's not crazy about frosting! (Go figure.) She will eat cakes with frosting but only in small doses, just because she doesn't like how rich it is. So my question is, we love the Mickey's Delight with the silver Mickey sillouettes. Does anyone have a recommendation on cake or frosting? Is fondant any better or buttercream or another type? :confused3 THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok guys, I need some ideas for my DS' 10th b-day cake. There are 3 of us, but I don't mind getting a bigger cake, just needs some neat suggestions. He likes Pirates and both white & dark/mik chocolate. I've tried going back thru the threads, but I'm getting more & more confused.

Any help on what to get??

While buttercream is sweet, I have had a cake done in fondant and it was SUPER sweet. It was like eating a extremely sweet marshmellow since fondant is not a real soft icing but more sheet like and thick, with a chewy texture. Most of us had to peel the fondant off the cake in order to enjoy the cake without getting a sick feeling from to much of the fondant. Mind you disneyworld may not make theirs as sweet, but if you are looking for something not to rich I think buttercream is far less sweet then fondant. JMHO (edited: Not sure if they can do the silver mickeys on buttercream since buttercream really is not made for stamping designs, and fondant is since fondant again is a thick thick chewy type of frosting which holds deco like that)

If it is allowed, you may want whipped cream frosting instead of buttercream, it seems less sticky sweet to me :rolleyes:

Has anyone ordered a cake at Rose & Crown? I'd love to hear about options and experiences. I am planning on calling there later today. Thanks :)

JJClemson said:
Has anyone ordered a cake at Rose & Crown? I'd love to hear about options and experiences. I am planning on calling there later today. Thanks :)

Hi,
I ordered a cake from them a couple of weeks ago. I spoke with one of the restaurant managers. Laura was very helpful and polite and the ordering process was quick and easy. I asked for a special edible image of Chip and Dale in Christmas mode if possible. She wasn't sure and said she would have a chef call me back. He called me the next day and described the image to me and everything is all set. He was also very nice and easy to talk to. I'm sorry I don't have his name written down near by.
One thing Laura did tell me that I found surprising is that they only offer whipped cream or ganache - no buttercream. I don't know if this is true or an error on her part but either one was fine with us so I didn't bother to try and find out. I've ordered an 8" chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling.
We are celebrating a birthday there on Christmas Eve. I don't know when you go but I will be sure to report back after that as to how the cake turned out.

Does anyone know if these cakes are safe for people with peanut allergies? We'll be celebrating DD's 5th bday in January with dinner at Cinderella's Gala Feast at 1900 Park Fare, and I'd love to surprise her with a cake. But she is allergic to peanuts and we have to be especially careful with baked goods. Thanks.

Yes, you can order a "safe" cake. My son is allergic to peanuts and I recently ordered a cake at 1900 Park Fare. I spoke with the person at the Grand Floridian Bakery and she assured me that the cake could be peanut-free, but that I couldn't get any chocolate flavors, including white chocolate. It was a nice treat to have something my son could enjoy. Usually he isn't allowed baked goods in a restaurant. :)

Someone PLEASE help!
I need to order a choc cake with choc icing with a :goofy: theme at 50's Prime Time for DH's birthday.

How do I contact 50's Prime Time??? :confused3

Thanks in advance! :goodvibes :teeth: :thumbsup2

NorgeKathrine said:
Hi,
I ordered a cake from them a couple of weeks ago. I spoke with one of the restaurant managers. Laura was very helpful and polite and the ordering process was quick and easy. I asked for a special edible image of Chip and Dale in Christmas mode if possible. She wasn't sure and said she would have a chef call me back. He called me the next day and described the image to me and everything is all set. He was also very nice and easy to talk to. I'm sorry I don't have his name written down near by.
One thing Laura did tell me that I found surprising is that they only offer whipped cream or ganache - no buttercream. I don't know if this is true or an error on her part but either one was fine with us so I didn't bother to try and find out. I've ordered an 8" chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling.
We are celebrating a birthday there on Christmas Eve. I don't know when you go but I will be sure to report back after that as to how the cake turned out.

Thanks so much for all the helpful info! I called yesterday and they told me to call back tomorrow between 11-12 :confused3 That is strange that they do not use buttercream though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter