Official Birthday/Anniversary Cake thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which number did you use for private dining? (There are several on the first page of this thread) I am thinking about having them do soemthing for us in the room when we are there in August. Thanks!

I called GF Private Dining at (407) 824-2474, ask for Melanie! She's great! :thumbsup2

I have something to add to this. After several calls to different numbers I found that to order a cake for FF you must get it from the BW Bakery. The correct number is as shown on the first page, BUT it is NOT the bakery. It is Disney Private Dining for the BW Inn. The bakery itself does not take orders even though I did reach them. They transferred me to the Private Dining number. The problem I had initially apparently was that the hours are Mon-Fri 8 to 4PM EST.

I am glad you found it was exactly as I stated. I don't like it when Disney is inconsistent.

Is it just me or as you read through this entire thread(which I have twice now) doesn't it seem likely over the past few years the service for special cakes has gotten very poor? Do you think that the staff really doesn't like doing the special order cakes. :confused3

I read the new posts on this thread every day and I totally agree with you. It seems the majority of people are getting really bad service and it does seem the "cake order takers" just don't want people to order cakes. Which I find completely crazy!

I know there is a picture of a cute cowboy cake from whispering canyon on here but I can't find it. does anyone know what page that is on? Also has anyone ordered from Whispering Canyon if so what were the cakes like and cost?

I know there is a picture of a cute cowboy cake from whispering canyon on here but I can't find it. does anyone know what page that is on? Also has anyone ordered from Whispering Canyon if so what were the cakes like and cost?

Pg. 2 Post # 18

Don't know how much it costs? I seem to remember reading somewhere $60 but I could be wrong.

Thanks I thought it was at the back of the thread so I started at the end and got to the 20's and gave up since I'm at work. ha-ha Thanks again.

Ya know I realized that when I ordered my cake at the Coral Reef they never asked me what filling I wanted. Are 8" cakes not layered or should I call back? Thanks!!

does anyone know if we could special order cakes that are safe for a peanut/tree nut allergy? my ds rarely gets more than ice pops for dessert and would be THRILLED to get a cake (to share)... tia!

Ya know I realized that when I ordered my cake at the Coral Reef they never asked me what filling I wanted. Are 8" cakes not layered or should I call back? Thanks!!

I would think that all the cakes are layered. I would call them back, otherwise they will probably just put a basic vanilla buttercream (which I'm sure is delicious anyways! :goodvibes ) inside the cake to layer it.

Fellow DISers...can someone please tell me what flavors/fillings are available for the mini castle cake? Apparently they did not tell us what's available until I recall this morning. They never asked us what we want when we order...:confused3

Thanks!!

Fellow DISers...can someone please tell me what flavors/fillings are available for the mini castle cake? Apparently they did not tell us what's available until I recall this morning. They never asked us what we want when we order...:confused3

Thanks!!

Well, things are always changing and you just never know until you call but this is the info I have from when I ordered one a couple of years ago:

Flavor choices are:

chocolate cake with dark chocolate mousse
yellow cake with white chocolate mousse
cheesecake

styles are either a 2 tier mini decorated in a traditional fashion, or a 1 tier mini with a small white chocolate castle on top.

HELP PLEASE....
I've never ordered a cake at WDW before.

I need some recommendations.

I need to call tonight or tomorrow & order my DMIL a b-day cake for LTT.

We leave next Thursday for SSR.
During our trip, there will be 8 of us having dinner at LTT on her b-day.
I would like it to have a character on it (don't really care which one).

Thanks!

**OH, I call the Main Street Bakery, correct? And they'll deliver it?

HELP PLEASE....
I've never ordered a cake at WDW before.

I need some recommendations.

I need to call tonight or tomorrow & order my DMIL a b-day cake for LTT.

We leave next Thursday for SSR.
During our trip, there will be 8 of us having dinner at LTT on her b-day.
I would like it to have a character on it (don't really care which one).

Thanks!

When I got my cake at LTT last year I used the number on page 1 for the MK Bakery. We had an 8" cake, but there is also a 10" for a few dollars more. They can do any character for an additional $7 (? I think) except Pooh and friends and Pixar.

When I got my cake at LTT last year I used the number on page 1 for the MK Bakery. We had an 8" cake, but there is also a 10" for a few dollars more. They can do any character for an additional $7 (? I think) except Pooh and friends and Pixar.

Thanks so much! :)

Did they deliver it to LTT for you?

Did you have to take it with you after your meal, or do you think they'd hold it for me until we're done in the park that evening?

Thanks so much! :)

Did they deliver it to LTT for you?

Did you have to take it with you after your meal, or do you think they'd hold it for me until we're done in the park that evening?

Yes, tell them you are having dinner there and the cake will be there waiting. Tell them at the podium when you check in (and we told our server also). I am sure they would hold it, but we were there for MVMCP and didn't request to keep it since we knew we would be there until midnight.

Yes, tell them you are having dinner there and the cake will be there waiting. Tell them at the podium when you check in (and we told our server also). I am sure they would hold it, but we were there for MVMCP and didn't request to keep it since we knew we would be there until midnight.

OK thank you.
I've put off calling this cake order in because I was unsure what to do.
I'm going to call tonight (if they're open).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter