Official Car rental September 2013...advice please

Wonder what's going on with my week? Sept 1-8. Alamo has not budged from about $375 for midsize for days (using Visa code 7015504 and $30 coupon). Maybe because it's the week of Labor Day?

Maybe the labor day pick-up? I have Alamo reservations for a standard/full size from August 31 to Sept 14 for $277 (total). Booked around 3-4 weeks ago. But it jumped way up last week and now is back down a bit, but still higher than what I have booked. So, just keep watching them often and it may still come down.

I must be lucky...we are going 8/31-9/7. Been checking Costco every week. Got a full size for only $134 total last week!!!!!!!! Checked again yesterday and rates were up. So happy I booked it!!! Best rate we ever got for a week in Orlando!!!:woohoo:

I must be lucky...we are going 8/31-9/7. Been checking Costco every week. Got a full size for only $134 total last week!!!!!!!! Checked again yesterday and rates were up. So happy I booked it!!! Best rate we ever got for a week in Orlando!!!:woohoo:

Man, that would be nice. I'm holding onto mine that is $230 from 9/1-4 renting from W Palm, returning to the Dolphin. I did try to see what the rate would be if I rented from MCO and returned there....not any better. We'll see what happens next month!!

CHecked again today. Rates are down again! :cool1:
9/25-10/8
Standard Size Car
$307 inclusive of taxes and fees.
Insider's Code and BJ's wholesale $40 off coupon.
Saved another $90 from yesterday! :goodvibes

Did the daily rate check and it has now jumped back up to $670!!! Glad I reserved the deal when I did! :drive:

I just booked Dollar 9/25 to 10/5 (10 days, 6 hours so 11 day rate) for $240 all taxes in, using discount code 5C11M.

Wow, the exact same days same care same coupon is not $368 all in, glad I reserved it yesterday! You really have to check every day. I'll keep checking it though, it may get cheaper (one can hope!).

My Alamo rates are as low as I've seen them (& match what I have booked right now). Maybe they are on a downward trend. :)
Dates: Aug 31 - Sept 14, standard = $277.70 (total), 7 passenger minivan = $678.
You may want to check your's today. :hyper:

Just redid mine for Sept...changed my return time by 2 hrs....saving $50. I'm happy with the $178 I got. But will keep checking.

My Alamo rates are as low as I've seen them (& match what I have booked right now). Maybe they are on a downward trend. :)
Dates: Aug 31 - Sept 14, standard = $277.70 (total), 7 passenger minivan = $678.
You may want to check your's today. :hyper:

I really need a minivan :(. We have 3 adults, 1 child in a booster and 1 in a car seat. We could fit in a standard car but a mini van would be so much more comfortable. At these rates, it's not happening.

My 5 day rental picking up at the Car Care Center with National has not budged but I will keep checking 9/12 to 9/17/2013, 5 day rental, Midsize, using 5007160 (One Pass FF) and NF5147zdc ent book free day. $201.11.
If I change the code to 5901509 Verizon Wireless, it goes down to $188.31 total.
If I change the code to XVC1093 Car & Driver, it goes down to $199.82.
I'll keep checking as we get closer.

wow! :thumbsup2 How long will you be renting? who did you go through and with any codes?

Only have the car from Sept 1-4...I'm an Alamo Insider. I wish I could return the car a bit later so we can amble on over from Vero Beach, but we're up at 5:30-6 anyway..so may as well just leave. Especially if it will save us $50!!!!
I didn't use any codes, just the Insider.

ooops, let me amend that. I just checked again....got the same rate, same car, but dropping it off at noon instead of 9am!!!d Yay...even better than the last one.

Shucks. I knew I should've booked the prepaid car with Budget. But then I decided I didn't want to prepay so didn't.

Now I'm checking a few rental car websites and prices are much higher for my dates and time of pickup and drop off. Sept. 10 2pm pickup, Sept. 15, 4:30pm drop off.

Guess I'll keep checking and hoping a nice discount code shows up eventually.

I have a current rate of $326 after taxes for a mini van running from September 21st to 29th with EZ Rent a Car.

Does this rate sound like a decent amount and has anyone used EZ Rent a Car before in MCO airport?

Just reserved a large SUV (tahoe or expedition) at enterprise for $560 for a week. Much cheaper than Alamo and bigger than most rental agencies have. No coupon code used, will be looking to lower the price before our trip but a good price anyways

Alamo rates for my dates (9/1 - 9/8) took a HUGE dive this morning. Just reserved for total of $181 for midsize using SW code 7016105. For some reason coupon codes are not being accepted, tried all that I have :confused3

K9pal said:
Alamo rates for my dates (9/1 - 9/8) took a HUGE dive this morning. Just reserved for total of $181 for midsize using SW code 7016105. For some reason coupon codes are not being accepted, tried all that I have :confused3

I did notice that when it doesn't accept a code on Alamo, I sometimes have to reload/refresh the page to get it to take a different code. Sometimes one "bad" code locks it up (using chrome anyway).

Thanks for the info on the price drop! I'm renting the week after yours (9/14 - 9/20) and using southwest and visa codes on midsize got me $225. We don't need the car till the 15th but it was actually cheaper to get the car a day early so I could use the visa code!

UPDATE: Just checked Alamo using Southwest Contract ID: 7016105 and Visa Coupon Code: AD2338FDF for Midsize 9/14 - 9/20 and still $225. Must be a bit early for my rates to drop if PP's rates dropped and going the week before me.

what is this SW contract ID through alamo all about? where does it come from and will I have to show something at the counter to use it?

cheerful chickadee said:
what is this SW contract ID through alamo all about? where does it come from and will I have to show something at the counter to use it?

The Southwest code is the discount from Southwest airlines. It's listed on their website. When you go to www.southwest.com and click on their rental car section, then click on the Alamo offer, it's listed in the text under the offer. You just copy/paste... the codes for other rental companies are listed in their specific offers as well. Some have more than one code to copy/paste depending on the offer. The reason I did this is because booking through the Southwest website, I couldn't add the Visa code PLUS Southwest only lists airports as pick-up/drop-off locations and we wanted Disney's Car Care Center.

Note: if you link your Southwest Rapid Rewards number to your Alamo rental, there is an administration fee imposed by Alamo. It differs by frequent flier program, but for Southwest it's $1.50/day or something like that. It only made my price go up about $8.00 or so. You don't have to link it as far as I know, but I wanted the points. Lol.

Just got Enterprise for 8/31 - 9/7 for a full size car using the Entertainment book coupon for $169.81.

I did notice that when it doesn't accept a code on Alamo, I sometimes have to reload/refresh the page to get it to take a different code. Sometimes one "bad" code locks it up (using chrome anyway).

Thanks for the info on the price drop! I'm renting the week after yours (9/14 - 9/20) and using southwest and visa codes on midsize got me $225. We don't need the car till the 15th but it was actually cheaper to get the car a day early so I could use the visa code!

UPDATE: Just checked Alamo using Southwest Contract ID: 7016105 and Visa Coupon Code: AD2338FDF for Midsize 9/14 - 9/20 and still $225. Must be a bit early for my rates to drop if PP's rates dropped and going the week before me.

I tried both of these, and neither will go through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter