Official Car rental September 2013...advice please

Anyone have any issues with Dollar Car Rental Company?

I just found a Dodge Avenger for a total of 147.61 - that includes all taxes and fees. I didn't use any codes.

We've used Dollar before and had no issues. I'm looking for early September dates right now, and Dollar is the cheapest. The one drawback with Dollar is that additional drivers (even spouses) cost extra. So I'm still hoping for Alamo or Budget to come through.

Anyone have any issues with Dollar Car Rental Company?

I just found a Dodge Avenger for a total of 147.61 - that includes all taxes and fees. I didn't use any codes.

I just booked a weekly rate with Dollar as well, city special, full size for $149 and some change. We used Dollar last October because we got a similar rate. Car was fine (you get to pick your own, we got an Altima), and the line at the counter wasn't too bad. We usually rent from National or Budget, but will go with Dollar if the price is right!

Today I got my Alamo rental down to $208 and change.
That is down from $250 two days ago!!!
So happy prices are finally beginning to drop!!!

Down again today. I'm now at $191.64 for a standard car from MCO for 9 days.
:cool1:

I just booked a weekly rate with Dollar as well, city special, full size for $149 and some change. We used Dollar last October because we got a similar rate. Car was fine (you get to pick your own, we got an Altima), and the line at the counter wasn't too bad. We usually rent from National or Budget, but will go with Dollar if the price is right!

I keep finding dollar dropping in base rate, but once they add the taxes on, the rate is higher than it was before the base rate dropped!!!

I can get a base rate of $153 that ends up at $190 after taxes.
Then I get a base rate of $125, but after taxes it goes to $191.
Crazy!!!

I just looked at your dates with Dollar. I didn't put in any codes/coupons, but I did click on "City Specials". I am finding $279 total for a minivan or mid-sized van. I hope that helps.

I believe that was just the base rate of $279, total would be..

Est. Grand Total

$368.12

Still holding on to my EZ Rental Mini Van reservation of 10 % off code BE1D8 and 3% off (Like Facebook Discount)
Price down to $266 now.

Using the 10% off AAA code (we are AAA members) I'm getting a total of $249.70 including taxes and fees with Dollar, unlimited miles, full size car for Sept 18 - 25th.

That is the best I've gotten so far with a code that isn't sketchy lol It doesn't say that it cannot be combined with other discounts or offers so I'm holding out hope for a coupon code or something to add to it, if possible.

edited to add: just found the 15% off promo code and used that instead, brought it down to $240. Code is 5C11M and it right on the site (also saw it on mousesavers)

Has anyone used HOTWIRE to book a car? I looked and I can get an economy or compact for Sept 15-20 for $138. Is that a good price or will it get cheaper when it gets closer to my dates?

Down again today. I'm now at $191.64 for a standard car from MCO for 9 days.
:cool1:

Just rebooked my reservation also, using costco and visa coupon, no product code, also got $191............that is down from $317 just over a week ago........:cool1:

Just scored from Dollar a standard size car from Aug. 31st to Sept. 14th for $260.45 using promo code 5C11M that a PP had on here. This is less expensive than what I had 2 years ago! :cool1: But I will still follow the prices if they come down more.

Just scored from Dollar a standard size car from Aug. 31st to Sept. 14th for $260.45 using promo code 5C11M that a PP had on here. This is less expensive than what I had 2 years ago! :cool1: But I will still follow the prices if they come down more.

Glad to see this! I got my full size down from $149 (city special) to $136!

I believe that was just the base rate of $279, total would be..

Est. Grand Total

$368.12

Still holding on to my EZ Rental Mini Van reservation of 10 % off code BE1D8 and 3% off (Like Facebook Discount)
Price down to $266 now.

Oh yeah. Sorry about that. I looked at it incorrectly.

Just rebooked my reservation also, using costco and visa coupon, no product code, also got $191............that is down from $317 just over a week ago........:cool1:

Mine dropped again!
Now down to $174.66, so be sure to check yours again!!

Lucky duck! I just tried the same Alamo codes for Sept 19 - 27 and got $378 all in!

I did manage to get $200.08 all in from Enterprise using rentalcar momma though. Guess I'll wait a few days and try the Alamo costco/visa codes again. I only paid $130.00 last year for the same period, so I'm staying hopeful!

Lucky duck! I just tried the same Alamo codes for Sept 19 - 27 and got $378 all in!

I did manage to get $200.08 all in from Enterprise using rentalcar momma though. Guess I'll wait a few days and try the Alamo costco/visa codes again. I only paid $130.00 last year for the same period, so I'm staying hopeful!

Don't lose hope. You're a couple of weeks behind my dates, and prices just started dropping mid-week last week for my dates.

Thanks so much for sharing this. I was going to use Magical Express and try my first trip ever without a car - and I've been to WDW over 20 times! With your code, I was able to get $137 incl taxes and fees for 9/8 to 9/14. I'm so happy!!:worship::cool1:

We are also renting from Aug 31 to Sept 14, but prefer Alamo...
Full size - $263.15. I used the Alamo insider code and visa coupon, AD2338FDF. Reserved a standard but since they don't have any at MCO, will receive a full size for that price.

We just went through Dollar for Sept 16-25 and got a full size for $196. Hoping that drops, but if it doesn't, we would be ok with it. Last time we rented a compact through Hertz, but this time, we will have the kids with us and luggage. A compact just isn't going to do it for us :rotfl:

rates have dropped again with dollar, mine went from 240.40 total to $223.46 using the same 15% off code that I used the other day, awesome!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter