OFFICIAL CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY SEASON & NEW YEAR'S 2017 THREAD

Last year did they have any dining that included a reserved seating for the holiday parade? Does anyone have any details on this and the cost. If they have it this year I would like to possibly consider this and include it in my budget. Also for the holiday WOC was it much different than the usual WOC and what made it more for a holiday WOC?

I don't believe they do any sort of dining package for the holiday parade. If you do the holiday tour, you get SEATS for the parade (with a big cookie and hot coco too!). Obviously that could change and they may offer this year??

The holiday WOC they did last year and are continuing this year was incredible. Brought tears to my eyes. It's fully holiday immersive, a totally different show.

I'm with GenGen22....hoping for a dining package for the parade. We did one last year for Paint The Night and it was really nice! Otherwise I might look at the dining package for Fantasmic.

I don't believe they do any sort of dining package for the holiday parade. If you do the holiday tour, you get SEATS for the parade (with a big cookie and hot coco too!). Obviously that could change and they may offer this year??

The holiday WOC they did last year and are continuing this year was incredible. Brought tears to my eyes. It's fully holiday immersive, a totally different show.
Ok this sounds good. I will check into the holiday tour. Thanks for the info.

Both the standard show and the holiday version had similar elements (e.g., mist screens, water cannon), but the music and video selections are different. The Season of Light version uses holiday music and wintry scenes. The Wikipedia page has a pretty good description of which music and images are used for both shows.
I will check that out, thanks!

Did you decide where you are staying for Hamilton? We are going to drive in early from Anaheim and have dinner. We are going on the 28th. So excited! I can't wait to surprise my daughter next month on her birthday!
Hey! Current plan is flying in on the 28th. Staying at Sportsman's Lodge for two nights (free shuttle to Universal). Universal Studios on Dec 29. Hamilton matinee on Dec 30 (Lyft to Pantages and back). Collect our stuff at the hotel and take Undecided transportation to Anaheim and check in at Candy Cane Inn for 4 nights. Or maybe Del Sol or Desert Inn and Suites. All have pros and cons.

I just got the Hamilton tickets yesterday. Cha Ching. Also surprising my daughter on her October birthday!

Still debating how long to stay at DLR. I have a reservation at my hotel for December 1 - 10. But I plan on heading to Burbank for the 7th to the 10th. I have reservations for a hotel there. Hoping for Harry Potter and MAYBE Ellen DeGeneris tickets. I know Ellen is a longshot and she doesn't shoot on Friday per the current schedule. The December tickets won't be up for a few weeks. But the extra holiday things seem like they will take up extra time. Is five full days and two halves enough time? I'm solo and want to do things at a somewhat leisurely pace.

I was looking for the 2016 thread to see what festivities were for Christmas time last year but could only find 2014 & 2015. Does anyone have a link to last year's link of festivities? We haven't been during this time of year and last year due to the construction of SW land there have been changes I believe so, I would like to look at last year's info.
I was at the park in December 2016. I don't recall any major construction changes. You can see SW land being built on the tram when you are coming from the parking lot. I'm just going off of memory in DLR: in the early afternoon, there's the Christmas parade. And then again around 4ish. When the sun goes down, the lights to the castle come on. On the day I went, the firework show was set for 7pm instead of 9pm (not sure why). The fireworks got cancelled because it was windy :( right after they cancelled the fireworks they played music and had snow come down on Main Street.

Also, be prepared for crowds and use max and fast pass as much as possible!

You can't get longer than 5 days on a ticket. Get a 5 day Hopper and spend the two half days in dtd. It's plenty of time. Have fun!
I was debating an AP. I'll want to go into Disneyland as soon as I get there. Probably early afternoon. I'm staying on Harbor so I'll be right there. The chateau will call my name too loudly. (WDW is my home park. Now THAT'S a castle. LOL)

I'm going!party:Can I add you to the list of crazy people who are going for the holidays!

Malcon10T...Nov.9-12...

dolewhipdreams...Nov.15-16...

chttyangel...Nov.13-15...

nikerbokers...Nov.14-17...CCI

danceanddisney2010...Nov.16-20...GCH

Andrea0710...Nov.17-22

biochemgirl...Nov.18-23...

DisneyJamieCA...Nov.19-25...

Bossy22...Nov.12-20...

Malcon10T...Nov.22-26...

Shellyred8...Nov.24-30

atisikitabasket...Nov.25-Dec.1...

lilsassymom...Nov.25-Dec.2...DH

Sparrow78...Nov.25-Dec.2...HoJo

disland7...Nov.26-Dec.1...GCV

mnmrmustard...Nov.26-Dec.1...Desert Palm Inn & Suites

Iwanthony...Nov.26-Dec.2...GCV

Rhebot...Nov.26-Dec.2...Hyatt House

catmegs..Nov.27-Dec.2...GCH

Our Aussie Six...Nov.27-Dec.3...Hyatt House

Disney Liz...Nov.28-Dec.4...GCV

Lolly&Rue...Nov.29-Dec.3...DLH

cinder-ellah...Nov.30-Dec.3...GCH

pattyduke34...DLH...Nov.30-Dec.5

JBF 1982.....Dec.1-3...BW Stovall's

Malcon10T...Dec.1-3...

mlnbabies...Dec.1-4...BWPPI

krispin41...Dec.1-4...DLH

Malcolm10t...Dec.2-3...

scrapshappen...Dec.2-3...

poppins2008...Dec.2-7...Camelot Inn

siskaren...Dec.2-8...Hilton Anaheim

blondietink...Dec.2-8...Camelot Inn

Disney-&-Baseball...Dec.2-12...

Yusani...Dec.3-7...

millie0312...Dec.3-14...

NewbieMouse...Dec.4-8...BWPPI

bethannie203...Dec.4-8

Squeezle...Dec.4-9...First wedding anniversary!

Mickeybell...Dec.4-9...CCI

chirurgeon...Dec.4-10...BWPPI

farmfresh...Dec.6-

DizneeRailFan62...Dec.6-10...Hilton Anaheim

DL_Forever...Dec.6-13...GCV

Forcingmagnolia...Dec.7-9

haileymarie92...Dec.8-14...Getting Married Dec.9 in DTD!!!!❤

jlhinvegas...Dec.11-14...

MaleficentRN...Dec.11-15...GCH....celebrating her 50th bday

GenGen22...Dec.14-17...Embassy Suites Anaheim South

tiffjoy...Dec.15-17...CCI

jenbright...Dec.15-19...PPI

MacMama0930...Dec.16-19...GCH

Soccerluvinmama...Dec.17-19...

Disneymom20...Dec.17-28...

are you ready...Dec.19-21...

Susie63...Dec.20-23 & Dec. 30-Jan.4...CCI... celebrating DH 50 & DD Sweet 16❤

Pyrotechnictigger...Dec.21-Jan.2...Hilton Anaheim

SDSUMom...Dec.22-29...

Canadian Harmony...Dec.23-30..DI&S

blue888...Dec.23-30...DLH

Mickey&JoshNut...Dec.24-27...PPH

PoohsFan1...Dec.24-Jan.1...DLH

jeepnjudy...Dec.26-Jan.2

Piglet99645...Dec.28-Jan.3

MontanaFmly...Dec.29-Jan.1

mpadilla89...Dec.29-Jan.2...

ParkHopper1...Dec.30-Jan.1...Courtyard Anaheim
We will be at the parks on Dec. 27- Jan. 1. Cannot wait!

Hello everyone! Just found this thread on accident. I am usually on the DCL thread and was just looking around. Cannot believe we have a thread for this - so happy! My family will be joining some of you over the holidays. Myself, DH, DS 14 and DD 7 will be at the parks from Dec.27 - Jan 1. (We have to get back to not miss school! :)) We are keeping this a surprise until Christmas morning as it is our main Christmas gift. We surprised the kids on Christmas morning a few years ago with a trip to WDW, leaving later on Christmas day. They were surprised two days later at WDW with a call from Mickey and Minnie telling them to have a great time on their Fantasy New Year's cruise. We have Hilton points, so are staying off property and not at a good neighbor resort for once since it will be free. Cannot wait for the beautiful ambience and all the crowd chaos! :) Can't wait to read the whole thread!

So I missed this somehow, but no jingle cruise this year?? The Christmas announcement doesn't list it!

I'm pretty sure I saw it somewhere...hold on.

ETA: I can't find where I saw it. It could've been when I was talking to our VIP tour coordinator because I explicitly said I wanted to focus on holiday things and I think she mentioned the 3 holiday overlays. But it does seem odd to not mention it on the announcement.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure I saw it somewhere...hold on.

ETA: I can't find where I saw it. It could've been when I was talking to our VIP tour coordinator because I explicitly said I wanted to focus on holiday things and I think she mentioned the 3 holiday overlays. But it does seem odd to not mention it on the announcement.
I swear I saw it somewhere as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter