• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OFFICIAL CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY SEASON & NEW YEAR'S 2017 THREAD

We will be at DL from Jan 2-5. I know the Holiday season technically goes until the 7th but I assume some things end after Christmas or after New Years. Any idea what I should expert? We aren't going specifically for Christmas but any Christmas that is still around would be a fun perk!

Nope! Everything should still be in place for the holiday season. It's the 8th you'd have to worry about.

yep! My wife, myself, my mother in law, father in law and 3 daughters all in one van!!! Only way we can go so often. Its only about 23 hours of actual driving time lol. We leave around supper and drive through the night (so the kids sleep) and arrive in Saint George Utah just after lunch (2is). We get a hotel for the night and then we only have about 6 hours left to drive the next day. Find doing it this way we end up very fresh considering. We can drive and do one nights stay each direction for about 5-600 bucks. To fly for 7 of us would be around 3000 or more! Some day we will fly but I've got to take my girls 4 times in the last 5 years and we're going again this Christmas!!! Well worth it to me!!!
Hey! We are in Airdrie! So this will fit perfectly for us lol thanks! We are going to drive in 2019

My DH, DS and I are going Dec.5-12!!!! Sooooo excited!!! We live in GP Alberta too!!!!!

QUOTE="Susie63, post: 57633569, member: 252266"]I'm going!party:Can I add you to the list of crazy people who are going for the holidays!

Mommy2PrincessAbby...Nov.2-3

katiexlovesxdisney...Nov.3-11...

Malcon10T...Nov.9-12...

2wordsforyou...Nov.9-12...7

dolewhipdreams...Nov.15-16...

chttyangel...Nov.13-15...

nikerbokers...Nov.14-17...CCI

danceanddisney2010...Nov.16-20...GCH

Andrea0710...Nov.17-22

biochemgirl...Nov.18-23...

DisneyJamieCA...Nov.19-25...

Bossy22...Nov.12-20...

CandyMouse...Nov.21-24...

audrianna890...Nov.21-24...

Malcon10T...Nov.22-26...

Shellyred8...Nov.24-30

atisikitabasket...Nov.25-Dec.1...

lilsassymom...Nov.25-Dec.2...DH

Sparrow78...Nov.25-Dec.2...HoJo

disland7...Nov.26-Dec.1...GCV

mnmrmustard...Nov.26-Dec.1...Desert Palm Inn & Suites

Iwanthony...Nov.26-Dec.2...GCV

Rhebot...Nov.26-Dec.2...Hyatt House

catmegs..Nov.27-Dec.2...GCH

Our Aussie Six...Nov.27-Dec.3...Hyatt House

Elk Grove Chris...Nov.28-Dec.1...Grand Legacy

Disney Liz...Nov.28-Dec.4...GCV

Lolly&Rue...Nov.29-Dec.3...DLH

cinder-ellah...Nov.30-Dec.3...GCH

pattyduke34...DLH...Nov.30-Dec.5

JBF 1982.....Dec.1-3...BW Stovall's

Malcon10T...Dec.1-3...

Rainy Day Pixie...Dec.1-3...

mlnbabies...Dec.1-4...BWPPI

krispin41...Dec.1-4...DLH

chirurgeon...Dec.1-7...BWPPI

Malcolm10t...Dec.2-3...

scrapshappen...Dec.2-3...

amyg1975...Dec.2-4...

poppins2008...Dec.2-7...Camelot Inn

siskaren...Dec.2-8...Hilton Anaheim

blondietink...Dec.2-8...Camelot Inn

egritz...Dec.2-9...Tropicana or Desert Palms

Disney-&-Baseball...Dec.2-12...

Yusani...Dec.3-7...

Vettegirl...Dec.3-7...

Mintycake...Dec.3-9...

millie0312...Dec.3-14...

Dizme...Dec.4-7...GCH

NewbieMouse...Dec.4-8...BWPPI

bethannie203...Dec.4-8

Squeezle...Dec.4-9...First wedding anniversary!

Mickeybell...Dec.4-9...CCI

dec2009mama...Dec.5-9...

farmfresh...Dec.6-

DizneeRailFan62...Dec.6-10...Hilton Anaheim

DL_Forever...Dec.6-13...GCV

Forcingmagnolia...Dec.7-9

Kristie101...Dec.8-11...Hojo

haileymarie92...Dec.8-14...Getting Married Dec.9 in DTD!!!!❤

JeannieJay...Dec.9-12...Tropicana

nicolita3...Dec.9-12...PP

jlhinvegas...Dec.11-14...

MaleficentRN...Dec.11-15...GCH....celebrating her 50th bday

GenGen22...Dec.14-17...Embassy Suites Anaheim South

tiffjoy...Dec.15-17...CCI

rentayenta...Dec.15-17...GCV

jenbright...Dec.15-19...PPI

MacMama0930...Dec.16-19...GCH

Soccerluvinmama...Dec.17-19...

Disneymom20...Dec.17-28...

are you ready...Dec.19-21...

Susie63...Dec.20-23 & Dec. 30-Jan.4...CCI... celebrating DH 50 & DD Sweet 16❤

Pyrotechnictigger...Dec.21-Jan.2...Hilton Anaheim

SDSUMom...Dec.22-29...

bandaidqueen...Dec.23-26...GCH

Canadian Harmony...Dec.23-30..DI&S

blue888...Dec.23-30...DLH

Mickey&JoshNut...Dec.24-27...PPH

PoohsFan1...Dec.24-Jan.1...DLH

katyringo...Dec.26-31...HOJO

jeepnjudy...Dec.26-Jan.2

o&smom...Dec.27-Jan.1...

uneekstylez...Dec.27-Jan.1

Piglet99645...Dec.28-Jan.3

MontanaFmly...Dec.29-Jan.1

mpadilla89...Dec.29-Jan.2...

ParkHopper1...Dec.30-Jan.1...Courtyard Anaheim

BandMom1...Jan.1-8...GCV

Dopey1980...Jan.2-5...[/QUOTE]

yep! My wife, myself, my mother in law, father in law and 3 daughters all in one van!!! Only way we can go so often. Its only about 23 hours of actual driving time lol. We leave around supper and drive through the night (so the kids sleep) and arrive in Saint George Utah just after lunch (2is). We get a hotel for the night and then we only have about 6 hours left to drive the next day. Find doing it this way we end up very fresh considering. We can drive and do one nights stay each direction for about 5-600 bucks. To fly for 7 of us would be around 3000 or more! Some day we will fly but I've got to take my girls 4 times in the last 5 years and we're going again this Christmas!!! Well worth it to me!!!

Hey! We are in Airdrie! So this will fit perfectly for us lol thanks! We are going to drive in 2019

We are in Alberta (Calgary), too! :goodvibes Bossy22, do you ever hit any bad weather on the way down? That's what we're afraid of, but I would like to try it sometime. We have never tried driving but it would be great as we fly, rent a car and do a big SFO/LA/LV/Anaheim loop, which can be pricey.

We're staying at the Hilton too fron Dec. 5-12! I think there's two, we're staying at the Anaheim Garden one - you too??. Have you stayed there before?

No, the Hilton Garden Inn is different than the Hilton Anaheim, which is where I'm staying. I was originally booked at the Annabella but a few months later I got a call from WDTC telling me that the Annabella would be closing in August, and they offered me a free upgrade to the Hilton.

We're staying at the Hilton too fron Dec. 5-12! I think there's two, we're staying at the Anaheim Garden one - you too??. Have you stayed there before?
Welcome to the Disboards!:welcome:Will this be your first visit to DL?

Nice. First Christmas visit? It is our first time at Christmas. We have never been away at Christmas so it should be different

We were there during the Christmas season once during the 60th anniversary celebrations, and although it was great, I'm looking forward to it being just about the Christmas this time! Oh you'll love it!!! GP will probably have lots of snow by then so I'll be in the Christmas mood for sure! Lol!

No, the Hilton Garden Inn is different than the Hilton Anaheim, which is where I'm staying. I was originally booked at the Annabella but a few months later I got a call from WDTC telling me that the Annabella would be closing in August, and they offered me a free upgrade to the Hilton.

Nice! Gott love free upgrades!!

We are in Alberta (Calgary), too! :goodvibes Bossy22, do you ever hit any bad weather on the way down? That's what we're afraid of, but I would like to try it sometime. We have never tried driving but it would be great as we fly, rent a car and do a big SFO/LA/LV/Anaheim loop, which can be pricey.

We are very near Calgary and have driven down a few times. We break it up a bit more, as we enjoy road tripping. We typically leave around 3:00 p.m. (after work) on Friday and drive to Helena. Saturday, we drive to St. George, and Sunday, we drive to Anaheim. Coming back, we usually do it in 2 days. The drive is long if you hate road trips, but it's fine if you like them.

You might hit some icy roads in Southern Alberta and Montana, but we've never had an issue. We have always made our driving trips into a 2 week vacation.

You lucked out! I stayed at Anabella a few years ago and it was desperately in need of renovation. So I'm glad to hear they are making some changes and you are getting a better deal!☺

You lucked out! I stayed at Anabella a few years ago and it was desperately in need of renovation. So I'm glad to hear they are making some changes and you are getting a better deal!☺

They're not making changes to the Annabella - it's getting torn down (if it hasn't been already).

A few questions:

1. Which non-Disney hotel near the park has the best Christmas decorations?

2. Are there any non-Disney hotels that have views of the World of Color or the Fireworks?

3. What are a few upscale hotels near the park that are within walking distance?

4. Which tower should we ask for during December if we are stay at the Disneyland Hotel?

5. We have stayed at the following Disney hotels before and this is how I felt about them: Grand Californian - LOVED. My favorite hotel in all the world. Animal Kingdom Lodge - Very nice. New Orleans Royal Suite - nice but didn't make me feel pampered. Do you think I would like the Disneyland hotel or should I just stick with what I know? Are there any Christmas-y incentives to be in one place over the other?

Last edited:
We are very near Calgary and have driven down a few times. We break it up a bit more, as we enjoy road tripping. We typically leave around 3:00 p.m. (after work) on Friday and drive to Helena. Saturday, we drive to St. George, and Sunday, we drive to Anaheim. Coming back, we usually do it in 2 days. The drive is long if you hate road trips, but it's fine if you like them.

You might hit some icy roads in Southern Alberta and Montana, but we've never had an issue. We have always made our driving trips into a 2 week vacation.

We love road trips! I'm going to consider this for next time. Sounds totally doable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter