**Official December 2010 Thread!!** - PART 2!

Open question to all: when done with your trip this month, when is your next WDW vacation (month/year)?

For us, we'll be heading over to the September 2011 thread board soon! We are going on our first cruise ever on the Disney Dream and will spend one day in the parks upon our return. Although our Disney trips are usually 12 months apart, this one will only be nine months away! Yay!

I have two coming up :lmao:.

May 16 - 25, 2010
Reason: Graduating college with my BS in Hospitality Management
Resort: BLT 1 bedroom villa (gotta love being a DVC member :banana: (home resort)

Sept 21 - 30, 2010
Reason - Annual trip with best friends and Alan my fiance
Resort: Villas of Wilderness Lodge 2 bedroom (on DVC points)

Then we aren't going again til Dec of 2013, :lmao:. The 2 trips next year are using all of our 2011 points and most of 2012

Open question to all: when done with your trip this month, when is your next WDW vacation (month/year)?

For us, we'll be heading over to the September 2011 thread board soon! We are going on our first cruise ever on the Disney Dream and will spend one day in the parks upon our return. Although our Disney trips are usually 12 months apart, this one will only be nine months away! Yay!

My next trip to WDW will be in February 2012. Before I was surpised with this December trip I thought I was going to have to wait until then to see Cindy's castle again! :eek:
It will be a split stay between a deluxe resort, as of now TBD, and our family's time share at Orange Lake Resort. Anyone else planning on going around the same time?

We'll also be going to DLR in August 2011! We're catching the D23 Expo and then spending a few days in the parks and around SoCal. I can't wait for that trip as well! :woohoo:

My ticker is already updated, we are coming back in Oct over Columbus day weekend. I figure if we are doing so well with the massive crowds now, we will be fine (should be crowded then, but not packed). Rope drop and fast passes are my new BFFs!

We won't make it back till Nov/ Dec 2013... but this last trip was our first one and supposed to be a once in a lifetime event. So, I have to be thankful for Dec 2013!

Nothing yet planned, but hoping to plan a trip in May 2012, taking our only grandson on his first trip to WDW. He will be almost 7 then. We took his two older sisters in May 2009 and he was very sad to be left behind.

Quick report on our just completed trip: Dec 13 & 14 were bitterly cold. We wore all the layers that we flew down with from MI.

DxDP really does provide too much food, even when using it for 4 Signature Dining experiences. We did manage to use all of our credits though and brought home 21 of our snack credits as gifts for our grandchildren. I really do believe that we should provide toothpaste and a talk about careful tooth brushing with them!

Bus service from AKL really is poor and our timing was bad, just missing the bus we needed several times. But loved seeing all the animals on the Savannahs. The Wanyama Safari was a highlight of our trip. And fortunately it was on our only day that went above 70 degrees.

Our filets at Le Cellier were among the best we've ever been served. Our filets at Yachtsman Steakhouse this year were only so so. The Signature dish at Flying Fish Cafe, the potato wrapped snapper, was fantastic as was the Signature dish from Artist Point, the cedar planked salmon.

The decorations were almost as plentiful as December 2009. I only noticed 1 less tree each in the Yachtclub and Beach Club lobbies. And 1 less tree in AKL gift shop.

The Candlelight Processional was our other highlight once again. We had the package and lined up for our 6:45 show around 5:50 with only about a dozen people in front of us. We selected to sit in the 4th row back right on the center aisle and had a wonderful view. That was on Dec. 13 and we felt so sorry for the orchestra, mostly donned in hats, scarves and gloves with the fingers cut out. The Voices of Liberty wore capes over their dresses and tuxes. I'm not sure how bundled the choirs were under their robes but none of them had their heads or hands covered. The music was lovely and inspiring as always and Steven Curtis Chapman put his heart into the show.

We saved the Osborne Festival of Dancing Lights for our final evening and my poor DH's vertigo kicked in. He could not get out of there fast enough. Surprisingly, our final photo of the two of us there came out well. Thank goodness I got approval for late checkout the following morning since our flight home was scheduled for 3:51 pm and DH had enough time to recover to make the trip home OK.

We are already booked for October 15-22nd at BLT in a studio- we've been on so many trips with family in the past few years- my extended family of 15 and most recently with his mom and niece. So October is just us......me, DH and my 3yo son who will be 4 then. We can't wait for a 'just us' trip, will be our first just us 3 together to do whatever we want, when we want instead of bending to everyone else. Can't wait! Plus checking out Food and Wine festival and MNSSHP. Hoping I'll be pregnant with #2 by then (probably have to do IVF again), so probably won't get to partake in the 'wine' portion, or thrill rides, but that's okay as long as we have success trying for #2! I rode all the thrill rides 2-3x each this trip, including 3x on EE! lol

We're hoping to head down in October, around the 15th or so for Food & Wine (and to be home for the Jewish holidays, which are late this year). It'll probably be the last trip down there for a while - I may be a little "parked out"! But since I have to amortize the AP I just bought . . . :rotfl:

We are already booked for October 15-22nd at BLT in a studio- we've been on so many trips with family in the past few years- my extended family of 15 and most recently with his mom and niece. So October is just us......me, DH and my 3yo son who will be 4 then. We can't wait for a 'just us' trip, will be our first just us 3 together to do whatever we want, when we want instead of bending to everyone else. Can't wait! Plus checking out Food and Wine festival and MNSSHP. Hoping I'll be pregnant with #2 by then (probably have to do IVF again), so probably won't get to partake in the 'wine' portion, or thrill rides, but that's okay as long as we have success trying for #2! I rode all the thrill rides 2-3x each this trip, including 3x on EE! lol

That's what this trip is for :). We'd been 3 other times and had friends with us that we had to cater to. Well, not this trip :banana:

A "just us" trip sounds awesome! Good luck TTC!!

We just bought into AKV and are hoping to do a trip just DH & I around the F&W. I would also love to do Nights of Horror at Universal and we can't take the kids to that. I love my kids, but it would be so nice to take a short vacation without them!

That's what this trip is for :). We'd been 3 other times and had friends with us that we had to cater to. Well, not this trip :banana:
well have a fantastic time, i know i can't wait for 'just us'. while i don't mind having others on board, in fact it is fun to share the magic, but i always go a little commando trying to show them everything. this time we can just skip things we don't care about, when i the past, we would do them just to show the family/friends. :goodvibes

A "just us" trip sounds awesome! Good luck TTC!!

We just bought into AKV and are hoping to do a trip just DH & I around the F&W. I would also love to do Nights of Horror at Universal and we can't take the kids to that. I love my kids, but it would be so nice to take a short vacation without them!
Thanks, i need all the good luck and prayers i can get! At almost 38, i know trying will be a lot harder this time and any fertility treatments will really kick my butt now. :rotfl: Love AKV! I have heard the horror nights are awesome too- i didn't even think about that. WE aren't opposed to getting a sitter so we can do things like that-- and i guess he will be old enough at 4 for the WDW resort sitters too this time (although i have to say that KidsNiteOut is awesome!)!

13 hours until I am up before dawn :lmao:

Boarding passes were printed off (I upgraded us to first class for the nonstop flight down there). Lizzy was taken to the pet hotel, we ate lunch at Red Robin, went to the bank and got some cash, and came home and checked the weather forecast. I'm showering tonight and laying clothes out for in the morning. The laptop is getting packed up tonight as well. So all I have to do in the morning is get dressed, grab our bags, and get in our neighbor's car and off we go! :cool1::dance3::santa:

I'll update you as soon as we get to our resort tomorrow afternoon :). We have a 2pm lunch reservation at Olivia's Cafe.

13 hours until I am up before dawn :lmao:

Boarding passes were printed off (I upgraded us to first class for the nonstop flight down there). Lizzy was taken to the pet hotel, we ate lunch at Red Robin, went to the bank and got some cash, and came home and checked the weather forecast. I'm showering tonight and laying clothes out for in the morning. The laptop is getting packed up tonight as well. So all I have to do in the morning is get dressed, grab our bags, and get in our neighbor's car and off we go! :cool1::dance3::santa:

I'll update you as soon as we get to our resort tomorrow afternoon :). We have a 2pm lunch reservation at Olivia's Cafe.

have an amazing time!! I am jealous that your vacation hasn't yet begun :wizard: !

My next trip will be.. June 2011... honeymoon! :yay:
DF & I put together our ADR list earlier this week.. December 28th is 'ADR day' .. although my TA said she will book everything for us - so I'll send the list off to her! :thumbsup2

Happy Holidays everybody :goodvibes

Emma princess: x

We're here!! It only took 45 minutes from the time our friend dropped us off til the time we made it to our gate. There wasn't the new machines at the security checkpoints we went through. So we didn't have to deal with it.

We got off the plane, got to ME, waited 5 minutes, and got on the bus. OKW was the first stop! Our room was ready so we had the bell services take us to our room. We are in a renovated room and its gorgeous! We have lunch at Olivia's at 2pm and dinner at 8 at T-Rex. I still need to talk to bell services and figure out where our box is at that is suppose to be there.

September 2011 for us too! I booked 2 days before we left for this trip!

We are back and all of us are pretty healthy. DS is recovering from sleep deprivation, I am recovering from several bouts of disappointment. Don't get me wrong we had a great time, but there seemed to be just a liiiiiiiittle less magic this time around... I noticed a lot of families arguing etc, and then realized we were that family a couple of times. Nonetheless, it was a great trip, and we are very fortunate to have been able to have such a wonderful experience. I will start a TR soon!

:dance3:

I leave in 12 hrs to make that magical drive up the Fla Turnpike to Disney!

We did Christmas with my grandparents tonight, and my mom got the family a few small things in our stockings, and matching PJs.. Sure. my brother and I are in our 30's, but we'll do that! She and my dad also had a quick trip up during Food & Wine to use some comp tix I had from my time with the disney store that were gonna expire before now, so she bought some fun things home with her to put in our stockings! So magical! So unexpected!! She even remembered I started collecting magnets and got me a 2010 WDW one. I was very proud of her!! lol

So. yeah, this time tomorrow, we'll have eaten at Liberty Tree and hopefully be watching Wishes!!

Just back, sad to be back:sad1:, the trip went to quick for me. But it was great, we had one big rainy day our second day there (Dec 18th), but we made the most of it and still had a great time. After the rain the weather was cool and each day it warmed a bit.

Crowds were high, but only after lunch mostly, we did rope drops so we got alot in early and collected fas passes for later each day. It was our first time visiting during Christmas, we loved it and thought it was very magical. Just a lot of little special touches along the way everywhere we went.

Merry Christmas to everyone, and if you are still at Disney or about to go, lucky you, enjoy!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter