**OFFICIAL DIS PODCAST CRUISE** May 16-20, 2022 on the Disney Dream

So excited about signing up for the podcast cruise (thanks, Teresa!)! I’ve been wanting to do one since I started listening to the podcast in 2014. I can’t wait to hear more about the event details. I just got back from the Dis Family Reunion and loved it.

I know in the past there were some options for pre and post-night stays, so I’m hoping that will be available since I definitely want to get some park and resort time in before sailing. :)

I know in the past there were some options for pre and post-night stays, so I’m hoping that will be available since I definitely want to get some park and resort time in before sailing. :)

Woohoo! I paid my deposit yesterday :cheer2:

Jealous that you got to go to the Family Reunion, it looked so much fun!

The last podcast cruise I went on (2014) they had an offer for pre-cruise stay at All Stars with bus transportation to Port Canaveral. Hope something similar is offered as it was nice to meet people on the way to the port (and also not have to worry about getting to the port).

We're looking at a post-cruise stay, nothing worse than stepping off a ship and having to fly straight home!

My husband Pat and I are booked - thanks, Kathy Werling! Planning three nights at Vero Beach before, and hopefully at least one night somewhere after. This will be our first podcast cruise. We can't wait to be with you all.

Did they announce who won the auction for the cruise yet? I know they usually do an episode to announce the winner.

Thank you Kerry Mihalik Dreams Unlimited Travel Agent for getting my wife and I booked onto the podcast cruise. I have been watching Dis Unplugged for a few years now on YouTube, love the shows and cast. I had already booked a week in California for Disneyland and San Diego flying from Chicago, to Anaheim on May 9th, for my wife and I. I thought I was going to miss the podcast cruise, but I figured why not add a flight from San Diego to Orlando and toss on a Disney cruise. We will be on deck 10 mid ship 🚢 veranda , looking forward to meeting fellow DISers and the dis unplugged crew. Anyone know of a good one night stay near Port Canaveral with transportation?

Thank you Kerry Mihalik Dreams Unlimited Travel Agent for getting my wife and I booked onto the podcast cruise. I have been watching Dis Unplugged for a few years now on YouTube, love the shows and cast. I had already booked a week in California for Disneyland and San Diego flying from Chicago, to Anaheim on May 9th, for my wife and I. I thought I was going to miss the podcast cruise, but I figured why not add a flight from San Diego to Orlando and toss on a Disney cruise. We will be on deck 10 mid ship 🚢 veranda , looking forward to meeting fellow DISers and the dis unplugged crew. Anyone know of a good one night stay near Port Canaveral with transportation?
Here are a couple of options I've done before a podcast cruise:
  • Rented a car and drove to Port Canaveral the day before, and stayed at the Country Inn & Suites. In the morning I dropped my friend and our luggage at the cruise terminal waiting area where they took our luggage, and then drove to Budget Rental, dropped the car off, and then their shuttle took me back to the cruise terminal. After the cruise took a shuttle to Budget and rented a car, then drove to WDW. (You can also take the DCL shuttle back to the airport and not rent a car after the cruise.)
  • Got in the day before and stayed at the Hyatt located at the airport, then took the DCL shuttle from the airport to Port Canaveral on the day of the cruise, and went straight back to the airport after the cruise on the DCL shuttle.

I love both ideas, It will depend on flight time as to which one to choose, also cost. I will definitely consider both ideas. Thank you!

We’ll be onboard too! Signed up for the cruise at the end of September, booking a 2 night pre-cruise stay at Pop Century. Last week, I was able to reserve a 3 night DVC points post-cruise stay at OKW and I booked our flights this week. This will be our first DCL cruise and we’re looking forward to it and all the DIS activities.

Here are a couple of options I've done before a podcast cruise:
  • Rented a car and drove to Port Canaveral the day before, and stayed at the Country Inn & Suites. In the morning I dropped my friend and our luggage at the cruise terminal waiting area where they took our luggage, and then drove to Budget Rental, dropped the car off, and then their shuttle took me back to the cruise terminal. After the cruise took a shuttle to Budget and rented a car, then drove to WDW. (You can also take the DCL shuttle back to the airport and not rent a car after the cruise.)
  • Got in the day before and stayed at the Hyatt located at the airport, then took the DCL shuttle from the airport to Port Canaveral on the day of the cruise, and went straight back to the airport after the cruise on the DCL shuttle.
We are going with a stay at the Hyatt at the airport and DCL Shuttle. This will be our 4th Disney Cruise, first time on the Dream, first time podcast cruise. Other 3 were a Disney World visit followed by a cruise. We will be in Orlando and Tampa for the holidays so our 50th visit is set. Thanks for the idea MaryJo.

Last edited:
We are going with a stay at the Hyatt at the airport and DCL Shuttle. This will be our 4th Disney Cruise, first time on the Dream, first time podcast cruise. Other 3 were a Disney World visit followed by a cruise. We will be in Orlando and Tampa for the holidays so our 50th visit is set. Thanks for the idea MaryJo.
Happy to provide it...

I've stayed there twice - both for podcast cruises. The first time, my friend stayed the night and I took the red-eye and got to MCO at 5:30am, so went up to the room for a nap. The second time, I didn't want to chance flight delays, so I stayed the night, and she came in at 5:30am and napped a bit before we got ready to go to the ship. It worked out well for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter