Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

I placed my order today for pickup at the Grand Floridian at 430pm on Wed 6/29
Red velvet with cream cheese icing
Star Wars themed with Ashoka inspiration (they said they cannot use her image directly)
Will be with fondant, lightsabers and I think chocolate ships. $145 plus tax

I called, texted and emailed since we were on short notice. Julisa said she was responding to a text.
ETA Julisa emailed me multiple pictures of cakes while I was on the phone with her and she had questions answered by the bakery while I waited. It went fairly smooth and fast!

Gosh it has been forever since I posted on a Cake Chatter thread, the little girl in my profile picture turns 25 next month! So tonight I emailed the Grand Floridian for our July trip, I requested a 8" 25th Anniversary Castle Cake ( Dole Whip flavor) for our Garden Grill reservation. I also requested 4 mini cakes for our Crystal Palace reservation, a Haunted Mansion theme, a Grumpy theme, a Graduation theme and a Dalmation theme. Hoping for great cakes.

i ordered a graduation cake for my granddaughter and have been communicating with Julie for over a week. She is a delight to deal with. All is set for our trip in a week.

Thanks to all on this board who helped me tremendously!

I ordered a graduation cake for my daughters for next week. I emailed GF Bakery and had a response from Glorimar. She priced out several options for me and then we had a phone call to go over and finalize everything. It will be delivered to our dinner at the Grand Floridan Cafe next week! I can't wait!

Cake turned out pretty well - DS was happy and it tasted amazing. I do think we could have done without the fondant. The chocolate rocks were pretty neat and my son promptly ate the lightsaber hilts which he thought was great.
GF bakery
$145
Red velvet w cream cheese icing filling

Attachments

• DA642E71-814E-4073-9BF3-CFFD1872225C.jpeg
    DA642E71-814E-4073-9BF3-CFFD1872225C.jpeg
    103.4 KB · Views: 292
  • A0B9F952-DABA-4FC5-8B9B-BB8B6B2F4C54.jpeg
    A0B9F952-DABA-4FC5-8B9B-BB8B6B2F4C54.jpeg
    96.6 KB · Views: 280
I ordered a cake for my daughter’s birthday. We love the way it turned out! It was a surprise. She knew a cake was arriving, but I wouldn’t tell her anything else. Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway is her current favorite ride. Someone recently posted photos of a cake with this design, which I used for inspiration.

The cake had her name below “Happy Birthday.” I intentionally blurred it as I don’t want to share my child’s name on this board. It’s kind of hard to see, but there are silver ribbons in the cake just like in the cake @LeslieLou posted above.

It was a marble cake with cookies and cream filling. I think there was also buttercream. It tasted like it. The cake was delicious! We have a lot left.

GF bakery delivered to our room at VGF. 6” cake. $145.

Sorry! I can’t seem to make the last photos not appear sideways. (Edit— I figured it out!)

Last edited:
My mom will be turning 68 soon so we are going to celebrating her birthday at Grand Floridian. Reached out and spoke with Glorimar there this morning to order a 6" yellow cake with tropical fruit mousse, yellow ombre buttercream rosettes (inspired by one I'd seen here) with a white chocolate castle topper. It is $65 and will be charged to my room with gratuity and delivered via in room dining.

Also of note, I was offered the castle topper that comes with the mini cake for no additional charge or the larger sized castle topper used for wedding cakes which itself was $150.

Thank you for the thread, its made the experience quite easy. Ill share pictures once delivered.

Just wanted to share the cake I had delivered to GF Cafe as a surprise for my daughters' graduations (one from 8th grade and the other from high school). The 4 inch top was chocolate with dark chocolate mousse and chocolate buttercream, and the 6 inch bottom was lemon cake, raspberry jam, raspberry mousse and fresh raspberries. I sent an inspiration photo I found on pinterest and worked with Glorimar at the GF Bakery. She was great, the cake was a show stopper, and it was delicious! It was A LOT of cake for the 5 of us, but my daughter and I did our duty and ate as much as we possibly could! :) It was a splurge at $250. Minniecake.jpg

EDIT: The cost was actually $175! Still a splurge, but the $250 price is what was quoted for an 8 inch with 6 inch top. Sorry!

Last edited:
Hello all! I look on the first page and then did a search of the thread and nothing came up on this - Can you get a custom cake made at Aulani? We aren't going until December and we are going to be celebrating our daughter's graduation and I wanted to do something special for her. (Were supposed to go this June, but we rescheduled our trip). Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter