Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

We just celebrated a birthday at Flying Fish and ordered a cake to be delivered there. It was a 6" confetti cake with milk chocolate mousse. It tasted very fresh! My only request was for them to use a birthday Mickey image. Otherwise, I left the overall design as "chef's choice." We thought it was cute for a first birthday!
Beautiful cake! How much did it cost?

I just found out about this awesome thread and offering! I had no clue Disney did this.

My trip is less than a week away. Do you think it's too late to try and get something custom delivered for dinner at Citricos on the 11th for dinner?

Hello all,

maybe oddly specific question.. but on my next trip I'm staying off-site and planning on going for a full day around the disney bubble for my birthday. If I were to get a disney celebration cake added to my lunch at a disney hotel, would the hotel be able to store the leftovers for the rest of the day or should I not get a cake?

hope I made the situation clear :)

So my 6 year old REALLY wants s a Spiderman birthday cake. we will be at DW for his birthday. I have ordered a cake from the Grand Floridian before. It was not a Marvel related cake. I am a little confused if marvel Spider-Man is Disney or not (I know the ride is at universal but I think Disney might own the rights for the marvel movies), so I'm not sure if they would be able to do his birthday cake. Thoughts?

@elsbit It's definitely worth asking! They may have a standard image they can screenprint on the cake, or they may tell you they don't have permission to do the character yet. It seems to be ever-evolving...

Thanks for all the great information. I just ordered a cake for my wife’s 50th birthday and the process was very easy and very expensive ($450)

Emailed Grand Floridian with the details I knew. Two tier 10” and 6”. Lemon cake with raspberry mousse and fresh raspberries. Fondant cake decorated in Tangled theme.

Received a call back later the same day, she sent me several pictures of cakes they’ve done and one was perfect. Will be in Tangled purple/lavender instead of white and tangled style flowers on top instead of characters.

Flavors will be white cake with lemon mousse and fresh blueberries in the 6” and Lemon cake with raspberry mousse and fresh raspberries in the 10” cake. I’ll post actual pictures when we celebrate in March. Dinner is at Whispering Canyon Cafe so should be a fun time (16 people).

Can’t save post with image for some reason but posted in my gallery until I figure it out. This is the example cake, not the real cake.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the great information. I just ordered a cake for my wife’s 50th birthday and the process was very easy and very expensive ($450)

Emailed Grand Floridian with the details I knew. Two tier 10” and 6”. Lemon cake with raspberry mousse and fresh raspberries. Fondant cake decorated in Tangled theme.

Received a call back later the same day, she sent me several pictures of cakes they’ve done and one was perfect. Will be in Tangled purple/lavender instead of white and tangled style flowers on top instead of characters.

Flavors will be white cake with lemon mousse and fresh blueberries in the 6” and Lemon cake with raspberry mousse and fresh raspberries in the 10” cake. I’ll post actual pictures when we celebrate in March. Dinner is at Whispering Canyon Cafe so should be a fun time (16 people).

Can’t save post with image for some reason but posted in my gallery until I figure it out. This is the example cake, not the real cake.

Cannot wait to see your cake! Sounds delicious as well.

Hi all. I've ordered from the Contemporary Bakery for years, but always to an ADR at a resort, never one of the parks. I think it was in 2013 I ordered from Grand Floridian to CP at MK, but since then, I have just ordered at either Chef Mickey's or pick up at Steakhouse 71.
I was hoping to order a mini 2-tier from GF to go to Oga's Cantina at HS. I just heard back from their team (via email) and they said they don't deliver to any of the theme parks.
Is this a recent development? I know the pinned posts (#1 and #2 on this thread) are from several years back, but does anyone have updated information for getting cakes to a park? Is anyone doing them anymore? (Contemporary Bakery hasn't for years, I know) I know Epcot would be different, but HS, MK, or AK?

Hi all. I've ordered from the Contemporary Bakery for years, but always to an ADR at a resort, never one of the parks. I think it was in 2013 I ordered from Grand Floridian to CP at MK, but since then, I have just ordered at either Chef Mickey's or pick up at Steakhouse 71.
I was hoping to order a mini 2-tier from GF to go to Oga's Cantina at HS. I just heard back from their team (via email) and they said they don't deliver to any of the theme parks.
Is this a recent development? I know the pinned posts (#1 and #2 on this thread) are from several years back, but does anyone have updated information for getting cakes to a park? Is anyone doing them anymore? (Contemporary Bakery hasn't for years, I know) I know Epcot would be different, but HS, MK, or AK?

During the pandemic, the Grand Floridian relaxed its rules about where they would deliver. But before the pandemic, you had to call the park directly to order a cake, even if technically it was provided by the GF or another resort. So it looks like they have returned to that system.

I just called the general WDW Cake Hotline (407-827-2253), and they have prompts again for Hollywood Studios and the other theme parks, so I'd give that a try!

During the pandemic, the Grand Floridian relaxed its rules about where they would deliver. But before the pandemic, you had to call the park directly to order a cake, even if technically it was provided by the GF or another resort. So it looks like they have returned to that system.

I just called the general WDW Cake Hotline (407-827-2253), and they have prompts again for Hollywood Studios and the other theme parks, so I'd give that a try!
Thank you so much! I will try them and report back

Thank you so much! I will try them and report back
The update is that there is no update 😅😅😅 i tried the number multiple times throughout the past three days at different times and no one ever answered and there's no voice messaging available, it just rings and rings. The ADR is for this Wednesday, so if I don't get ahold of someone today, it looks like I'm out of look. It's not a big deal for me, but wanted to update everyone 👍🏽

So my 6 year old REALLY wants s a Spiderman birthday cake. we will be at DW for his birthday. I have ordered a cake from the Grand Floridian before. It was not a Marvel related cake. I am a little confused if marvel Spider-Man is Disney or not (I know the ride is at universal but I think Disney might own the rights for the marvel movies), so I'm not sure if they would be able to do his birthday cake. Thoughts?
I don’t think Disney will do a spider man cake. They refused to do a Navi inspired cake post pandemic even though in the past they did make a ‘Blue Cat’ cake - our DD’s Avatarized face on a solid (not thin) white chocolate piece on top of a cake that had a ‘blue cat’ design (they told us they would pattern the fondant but actually just piped white lines on top; still looked great) and a tail.

Daisy cakes did have an example of a spider man inspired cake and he can deliver to your resort.

https://www.daisycakesorlando.com/
https://m.facebook.com/profile.php/?id=100063788370957

E991BDBB-D543-4B5F-994B-A0977E0D1FCC.jpeg

Cake pictures for inspiration:

https://www.edibleperfections.com/product/spiderman-cake-3/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter