Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

Would a 6 inch cake have the same amount of cake as a 2 tier mini cake? Just wondering if one would provide more leftovers for one person lol.

Would a 6 inch cake have the same amount of cake as a 2 tier mini cake? Just wondering if one would provide more leftovers for one person lol.

The 6 inch cake has quite a bit more cake. But we've also had 6 inch cakes with 2-4 layers. Even a 2 layer is bigger than the mini cake though. The mini also always seems like more frosting and filling than anything.

A fancy fondant 6-inch cake is HUGE. We don't even eat half when there are 6 of us. A podium cake would be smaller but still 4 large portions for one person.

We've got an ADR for the new Bon Voyage breakfast for my daughter's 6th birthday in October. Will the boardwalk bakery deliver to the Trattoria? Alternatively, can I order a cake through the boardwalk bakery and pick it up before going in to the meal?

Yes, BoardWalk Bakery delivers to all the restaurants at the BoardWalk.

Just saw this post about new celebration cakes available to order at table service restaurants: http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/new-celebration-cakes-coming-to-walt-disney-world/

CelebrationCake01.jpg

I'm looking for a Marvel Hawkeye themed cake for my DS. Are they allowed to do Marvel characters on the edible prints? Or are they not allowed because of Universal having the rights?

We celebrated our daughter's birthdays on our recent Disney trip. We initially were going to go with two mini cakes, until I saw the option of doing individual cupcakes. Since we were going to be presenting them at our Cinderella's Royal Table breakfast, I didn't really want to have any cake left over. For us, this experience was definitely more of a "it's the thought that counts" vs. looking to do something with unique flavors, design, etc. We requested two chocolate cupcakes, one Frozen themed and one Rapunzel themed and were very pleasantly surprised. Each cupcake was $8.50 and ordered via e-mail. I received a very quick reply/confirmation from them. Everything was perfect! Our server was incredibly discrete in letting me know they would out shortly after our meal. Here are the pics for all of you looking to do something special, but nothing extravagant or an option that won't break the bank. ;)

View attachment 212489 View attachment 212490

Ok wait so Im trying to catch up on this thread but I would love to have some of these special cupcakes at the AKL kidani resort when we arrive. Is that possible or would it have to be at a restaurant in the park?

Hi everyone. I have been a lurker on this board for years. Thanks to you all, I knew I could order the chocolate slipper dessert at CRT for our trip in 2015. It was magical for my girl.

We will be going back in June and I wanted to order a cake for DH for dinner on our arrival night at 1900 PF. This trip is celebrating his military retirement and also his birthday is the day before we arrive. I was nervous about calling Pat but she was absolutely terrific to work with. She returned the message I left but when I called her back on my lunch break, I had to leave another message for her. I told her she could email me since I was a couple of hours behind her and I was nervous about whether or not we would be able to connect since my phone is turned off when I'm working during the day.

She called me back about 5:45 pm my time. I told her about the two special occasions, that DH's favorite is Stitch, and my budget was $70. She had ideas that sounded great. Then she asked if he prefers chocolate or vanilla cake. I asked for peanut butter buttercream filling with chocolate ganache. There was a hesitation but then she said their bakery does many flavors for weddings and that they could do flavor combo for our cake. Whew! Easier than I thought it was going to be.

I also ordered a chocolate slipper dessert for DD.

I'll be sure and post a picture when we get back. I just wanted to say that if you have any hesitation about working with the GF team, thus far my experience has been very positive.

Here is a picture from our 2015 trip at CRT.

Attachments

• IMG_5392.JPG
    IMG_5392.JPG
    151.5 KB · Views: 186
Just saw this post about new celebration cakes available to order at table service restaurants: http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/new-celebration-cakes-coming-to-walt-disney-world/

CelebrationCake01.jpg
I would love to be able to order this for a friend that I'm taking down to AKL in June. It is an early birthday trip. We are just going down the the night and won't be going to any table service restaurants that I know of. But it also gives me an idea for MY birthday trip at the end of July. Wish they was more of a description with the announcement.

Hi everyone. I have been a lurker on this board for years. Thanks to you all, I knew I could order the chocolate slipper dessert at CRT for our trip in 2015. It was magical for my girl.

We will be going back in June and I wanted to order a cake for DH for dinner on our arrival night at 1900 PF. This trip is celebrating his military retirement and also his birthday is the day before we arrive. I was nervous about calling Pat but she was absolutely terrific to work with. She returned the message I left but when I called her back on my lunch break, I had to leave another message for her. I told her she could email me since I was a couple of hours behind her and I was nervous about whether or not we would be able to connect since my phone is turned off when I'm working during the day.

She called me back about 5:45 pm my time. I told her about the two special occasions, that DH's favorite is Stitch, and my budget was $70. She had ideas that sounded great. Then she asked if he prefers chocolate or vanilla cake. I asked for peanut butter buttercream filling with chocolate ganache. There was a hesitation but then she said their bakery does many flavors for weddings and that they could do flavor combo for our cake. Whew! Easier than I thought it was going to be.

I also ordered a chocolate slipper dessert for DD.

I'll be sure and post a picture when we get back. I just wanted to say that if you have any hesitation about working with the GF team, thus far my experience has been very positive.

Here is a picture from our 2015 trip at CRT.

Thanks for this, I'm feeling better about my upcoming order. We're in almost the exact same boat (June, arrival night, 1900 PF, hubby's birthday). I haven't had a chance to call when he's not around yet, but I want to do something a little out of the ordinary and I'm hoping they'll accommodate me.

Ok wait so Im trying to catch up on this thread but I would love to have some of these special cupcakes at the AKL kidani resort when we arrive. Is that possible or would it have to be at a restaurant in the park?

You would need to contact AKL Private Dining at the number in Post #2 of this thread to see if they will make individual cupcakes like that. Ask for the pastry chef's email so you can send the photos. In the past they have not allowed you to have deliveries made before you check in, but a few people have done it now that there's online check-in. Again, you'll need to ask AKL directly.

I don't have any pictures, but I surprised my Mom on Monday with the Skipper Canteen dessert posted a few pages ago.

It was DELICIOUS. The cake was moist and rich. The caramel mousse in the elephant was delicious. My only complaint was that the elephant had been frozen/refrigerated, which is understandable obviously, but it was so hard that I couldn't break it apart to eat it. :laughing:

Does anyone know if you can have a cake request at Todd English's Blue Zoo at the SWAN? We will be celebrating our 10th anniversary there and would love to have a specialty cake.

The Swan & Dolphin pastry team has a few set cake options to choose from. Ordering info is at the bottom of Post #1.

New to Cakery, but a long time lurker. Thinking about getting a cake for my family this year as we have been many times, but have never gotten a personalized cake. We are staying at Beach Club and then Wilderness Lodge, so either one or a recommended restuarant. Just a cake for a party of 4. What is the likelihood of getting a really nice Winnie the Pooh themed cake? Does anybody have pictures of something recent that isn't just a figurine shoved on top of a cake?

New to Cakery, but a long time lurker. Thinking about getting a cake for my family this year as we have been many times, but have never gotten a personalized cake. We are staying at Beach Club and then Wilderness Lodge, so either one or a recommended restuarant. Just a cake for a party of 4. What is the likelihood of getting a really nice Winnie the Pooh themed cake? Does anybody have pictures of something recent that isn't just a figurine shoved on top of a cake?

I was under the impression the Disney cake teams couldn't do Winnie the Pooh characters. Did that change?

When I was planning my DH's cake (I ultimately chose one with an Up theme to avoid any issues with Winnie the Pooh characters), DH and I used to joke and LOL about the phone call we would make the the bakery team, skirting around the WtP rules by asking for a cake that had vague characters like, "a yellow bear wearing a red shirt; a sad-looking blue donkey; a hyperactive tiger; and a tree." :rotfl2:

We dealt with the Beach Club bakery for his Up cake and they did a nice job!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter