Official DISNEY Cake Chatter Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
... Or just bored and in possession of free weekend cell phone minutes! :teeth:

... Or just bored and in possession of free weekend cell phone minutes! :teeth:

Free minutes are always good. Thanks for taking the time to find these things out.

We are doing a split stay at Wilderness Lodge and the Polynesian, I am thinking about doing something special but not sure yet. Not even sure which part of the trip to try it, so I love looking through this thread.

In that case, you may want to go with Publix. ;) Our experience with four different Disney cakes is that they look good, but the cake is usually leaden and the mousse filling is not particularly flavorful. But for some reason we keep ordering them! :lmao:

:lmao:So funny! And I agree, the cakes aren't anything, flavor-wise, to write home about. Yet, I'm sitting here thinking, hmmmmm, should I order a cake for my DD's in October??:confused3 So dumb because I'm already thinking it will taste like stale cardboard but still, the thought of having a pretty cake to surprise my family makes me happy. It's like playing the lottery, will I get a delicious cake or should I have just brought in some twinkies? Who knows but I'm still leaning towards ordering one despite my sour attitude!:laughing:

So excited!:banana:

Talked with Pat at the GF and she is taking on a new design for DD's 21st birthday celebration! She talked to the chef and he is designing a Mary Poppins dress/carousel pony themed cake. Mary Poppins is DD's FAVORITE! Pat was a delight to talk to and she is looking forward to seeing the cake! I am too!:lovestruc

Talked with Pat at the GF and she is taking on a new design for DD's 21st birthday celebration! She talked to the chef and he is designing a Mary Poppins dress/carousel pony themed cake. Mary Poppins is DD's FAVORITE! Pat was a delight to talk to and she is looking forward to seeing the cake! I am too!:lovestruc

I can't wait to see pictures, that sounds wonderful. Mary Poppins is one of my all time favorites also!

Sounds so neat! Can't wait to see pics. Mary Poppins is one of my favorites too!

DH and I will be celebrating our 8th anniversary at Wolfgang Puck's Cafe. While I would love to go to a signature dining restaurant, I have four children ages 6,5,2 and 1 who might get rowdy. I was wanting to order a custom cake for DH and I since DH has worked his butt off to get us to Disney and was wondering where the cake would come from. Has anyone had cakes at WPC? Thanks in advance!

I am sorry if my questions have been covered already, but I got through 50 pages of this thread and realised that my fiance will be home soon and if he catches me on here it won't be much of a surprise!

I've seen the gorgeous mini wedding cakes on here and I'm very tempted to get one for our honeymoon. The issue I have is that we are staying at Pop, so no chance of getting it to the room, will need to be a restaurant. We are eating at CRT but you pay for a 3 course meal and I can't see us wanting cake on top!

We are eating at Coral Reef in Epcot one night and it would be lovely to have it there. Is this possible?

We're also having breakfast at Grand Floridian. Is it possible to get one delivered for breakfast?

My other issue is that I cannot call the US. (other half will spot the bill) from previous pages I understand they will not use e-mail. Has this changed by any chance?

Many thanks,

SilentK you can get the mini wedding cake at the Grand FL Cafe, I have heard of people getting cakes at breakfast. The Grand FL is the only place that I know of that you can get this. I do not know of an email for the bakery there, since I always called and spoke with a live person.

This is the cake we ordered from Chef Brian at the Contemporary to celebrate DS's middle school graduation/acceptance into the Arts Magnet high school. I had asked for something not too feminine, so the stamped stars were great! The cake was 10", vanilla with lemon curd filling, vanilla buttercream frosting topped with fondant. Cost was $135. Delivered to The Wave on June 13, 2010.

D90June13022-1.jpg

D90June13024-1.jpg

D90June13025.jpg

This is from a while back, March 2006. I don't remember how I ordered it, but they told me it would have to be made at the GF bakery. Yellow Cake with Chocolate Icing and Chocolate Mousse filling... It was delicious.

They said that it could only be customized with a character -- I wanted something parks related, so I asked for a hitchhiking ghost. I think that he was hand-painted onto the cake -- it looked great!

I think the price was somewhere around $35, and the cake was delivered to Tony's Town Square in the Magic Kingdom. I was shocked when I called to order a cake 2 years later at the prices!

4701525106_96417362d3.jpg

This is from a while back, March 2006. I don't remember how I ordered it, but they told me it would have to be made at the GF bakery. Yellow Cake with Chocolate Icing and Chocolate Mousse filling... It was delicious.

They said that it could only be customized with a character -- I wanted something parks related, so I asked for a hitchhiking ghost. I think that he was hand-painted onto the cake -- it looked great!

I think the price was somewhere around $35, and the cake was delivered to Tony's Town Square in the Magic Kingdom. I was shocked when I called to order a cake 2 years later at the prices!

4701525106_96417362d3.jpg

Wow, prices have jumped a lot! Too bad they don't still provide the same experience that they did in 2006. I understand prices need to go up some over time, but I really do not understand it costing $30 for an image of a single character. Can anyone explain that?

Thanks for sharing your cake pic! The Hitchhiking ghost is neat.

Before our stay at the Animal Kingdom Kidani village, I researched ordering a cake. The process to order was a little confusing, but I managed. The cake was going to be for my adult daughter's birthday and my daughter in law's birthday so I asked if there were going to be any flowers or anything on it. I was told that there would be some flowers on the cake. The cake was delivered to our room as scheduled. However, that is where the satisfaction ended. The outer edges of the cake itself was stale. There was not a flower in sight! It was completely plain, with a couple of thin chocolate Mickey Mouse medallions on it. I ordered buttercream icing but I am not sure that is what we got. The frosting was pretty bad. We are definitely a cake eating family and no one wanted seconds the next day. I ended up throwing it away. For the money it cost, it should have been a lot better than that. Very disappointing. I would probably do it again simply because you have to have a birthday cake on somebody's birthday and this appears to be the only game in town.

We are just back from the Beach Club and ordered two cakes as both kids were celebrating their birthdays while on the trip. I dealt with Ruby and Kelly in Private Dining at the Beach Club. I want to post the details with the pictures but I can't seem to get the pictures to post. Is there any way to get pictures in without opening an account with a provider? I have them on my hard drive and I wanted to post them directly.

The short story is the cakes were DELICIOUS and really amazing to look at too. We were very pleased and both kids were very surprised. The BC staff took great care in making sure our cakes were lovely, great to eat and delivered just the way we asked. If someone can tell me how to post pictures, I'll include more details with the photo.

Thanks,
Epcot Mom

We are just back from the Beach Club and ordered two cakes as both kids were celebrating their birthdays while on the trip. I dealt with Ruby and Kelly in Private Dining at the Beach Club. I want to post the details with the pictures but I can't seem to get the pictures to post. Is there any way to get pictures in without opening an account with a provider? I have them on my hard drive and I wanted to post them directly.

The short story is the cakes were DELICIOUS and really amazing to look at too. We were very pleased and both kids were very surprised. The BC staff took great care in making sure our cakes were lovely, great to eat and delivered just the way we asked. If someone can tell me how to post pictures, I'll include more details with the photo.

Thanks,
Epcot Mom

If you do not want to put the pics on a website like Photobucket of Flickr, you can put them right here on the DIS.

http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/uploadphoto.php

If you pick up the cake at the Boardwalk Bakery, do you stilll have to pay the 18% you get charged if it is delivered to the room? We are staying at boardwalk so picking it up is convenient and it would be niceto save a little!

Okay, I am curious.

To the folks who ordered cakes and did not get what they ordered, received badly made cakes, stale cakes, horrible icing...did you contact management??? I mean, come on, if you are paying so much for a quality Disney cake, I would demand quality! They aren't doing you a favor by accepting your order; you are the customer. If you did speak with management what was the outcome? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter