Official DISNEY Cake Chatter Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Disney quote you the "++" or is that your shorthand? :cutie: Because when Disney says "++" it means "+ 18% service charge, + 6.5% sales tax"...

Interesting to hear the Contemporary is offering red velvet and cream cheese now. Back in December all I could get was chocolate, vanilla and a few fruity combos. :thumbsup2

Hi - it was Disney who put ++ in their email. I'm pleased now as I was worried it may mean lots added onto 135 and then there would have been tax and gratuity onto that as well.

Thank you ever so much for responding.

Cake for DS's birthday ordered for when we have dinner at Chef Mickey's. I was wondering if l should call the cakeline again a few days beforehand to confirm everything's fine with our order or is it not necessary to do this?

I did.

Hi everyone,

I have been stalking this thread and keeping up to date with everything as I await my turn to order. Which leads me to my questions should I order around 10 days before our trip if I want a fancy custom cake? I want a Mad Hatter type....

Also can someone point me in the right direction as to where I can find the options available for the Mad Hatter cakes and fillings?

I also want to request extra butter cream icing under the fondant as that is the only part of the cake my 6 yr old actually eats lol...is that an unusual request? Do you think it can be done?

thanks for any help in advance....this thread has made me so much more confidant in wanting to order my 1st DW Cake.:hug:

Hi I am wondering if anyone has ordered a cheesecake? My DD's birthday is Aug. 16th and guess what she does not like cake. She does not know she will be in Disney for her 11th birthday, but has already requested that her cake be cheesecake.

We will be eating at Tutto Italia on her birthday...I would be grateful for any advice.:goodvibes

I ordered a cake from GF for our dinner at Narcoosee's. I spoke with Pat and she was fine. I asked for an almond flavored cake with bavarian cream filling with fresh strawberries. She asked if I had been married at WDW. I told her no, but we honeymooned there 10 years ago.

So she took my order:

6" Anniversary Cake
Almond cake
Bavarian Cream with strawberries
Fondant covered with stamped silver Mickeys

She took my reservation number for Narcoosee's and said the cake would be added to our bill and quoted me $90.00.

She didn't ask for a credit card to guarantee the order.....should I be worried that I won't get my cake because of this? When I ordered a cake from the Contemporary, they took a CC# for a guarantee.

Thoughts??

Thank you!

Scanne,
Last year I ordered a cake through Pat for dinner at Narcoossee's as well. Same as you she just asked for my dinner reservation #. I was a little nervous about not taking a credit card, etc., so the day before the dinner I called to confirm the cake again..Everything went great! They had even done the request I made to have the cake at the table when we were seated. ;)

Scanne,
Last year I ordered a cake through Pat for dinner at Narcoossee's as well. Same as you she just asked for my dinner reservation #. I was a little nervous about not taking a credit card, etc., so the day before the dinner I called to confirm the cake again..Everything went great! They had even done the request I made to have the cake at the table when we were seated.

Thank you! I will try to remember to call a day ahead, but with being at WDW on July 20th, I may get sidetracked! I'll just keep my fingers crossed that all works out!

I can't believe how close my trip is....:banana:

I'm debating on a cake for my son who will be 14 while we are at Disney. We are on the dining plan, so dessert is included in our meal. Should I have the expense to order one? And if so, what should it be? We will be at Cali Gril for his birthday and It seem like thaty have great desserts. What to do??? We will be at MK all day so can I get one at Main Street bakery and pick it up after lunch to eat in the park?? :confused3

We will be celebrating a 15 yr old boys b-day and chose to deliver the cake to Narcoosees. It will be chef's choice, but I gave him a list of his interests and the grand Floridian got back with some ideas of what they would put on the cake.

I'm just scared of all of the cake that will be left over 'cause we're celebrating 2 separate b-days while in Disney. Luckily there's a fridge in the room, so I plan on taking the cakes home with me.

I want to get myself a 26th birthday cake for November, but I can't choose a theme for the life of me! I know I want a yellow cake with milk chocolate mousse filling and vanilla butter cream icing, with some spun sugar flowers. I was thinking tiger lillies, green orchids, maybe a touch of aqua/turquoise (maybe along the lines of forget me nots).

I thought about adding a layer of white fondant, and having them stamp little gold Mickeys. Then, I thought about just asking for a whimsical Mad Hatter style, kind of like a Tropical Garden through the Looking Glass. I'd love a hand-painted Cinderella Castle white chocolate topper, but I am sure that would be waay beyond budget.

Thoughts? Ideas?

I love to read, and sew, and I teach kindergarten. I don't really have a Disney character who I would call my absolute favorite. I much prefer the general magic of Disney.

DH and I got married at Boardwalk in October and we are finally leaving on Monday for our honeymoon. I was hoping to surprise him with a cake that looks like the top tier of our wedding cake. (It was just a typical escape wedding cake, but when we tried to take the top layer home-it didnt make it)
cake.jpg

I have tried calling Narcoossees- they forwarded my call to a "cake liason" but the number didn't work. Does anyone have this number?

I then tried Tutto Italia but they just wanted to give me a generic chocolate/vanilla square cake.

Should I call Boardwalk Bakery directly? I know they were the ones who made our cake. I dont really care which restaurant or which day it happens, as long as it happens.
I am hoping custom cakes are still possible at one of these restaurants- but I am willing to change reservations to a restaurant where it is possible. Here are the reservations we have so far:
Jiko, Narcoossee's, Tutto Italia, Hollywood Brown Derby, Kona Cafe, Le Cellier, The Yachtsman.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

I did this for DH when we went for our one year anniversary. We were eating at 1900 Park Fare and I remember talking to someone named Linda who helped me out in making the arrangements. I remember that it was $35. Maybe this thread can help?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2413710

DH was so surprised and it turned out exactly how our original cake was. Here is the one we got at 1900 Park Fare. Good luck!

disneynovember2008465-1.jpg

I want to get myself a 26th birthday cake for November, but I can't choose a theme for the life of me! I know I want a yellow cake with milk chocolate mousse filling and vanilla butter cream icing, with some spun sugar flowers. I was thinking tiger lillies, green orchids, maybe a touch of aqua/turquoise (maybe along the lines of forget me nots).

I thought about adding a layer of white fondant, and having them stamp little gold Mickeys. Then, I thought about just asking for a whimsical Mad Hatter style, kind of like a Tropical Garden through the Looking Glass. I'd love a hand-painted Cinderella Castle white chocolate topper, but I am sure that would be waay beyond budget.

Thoughts? Ideas?

I love to read, and sew, and I teach kindergarten. I don't really have a Disney character who I would call my absolute favorite. I much prefer the general magic of Disney.

What about doing an Alice in Wonderland cake. The part where she sings with the flowers. That way you get the flowers and a whimsical theme! You can have green fondant, a bunch of flowers and a painted Alice in the middle!

Jiko - Animal Kingdom Private Dining
Narcoossee's - Grand Floridian Private Dining
Tutto Italia - BoardWalk Bakery
Hollywood Brown Derby - Guessing BoardWalk Bakery
Kona Cafe - Grand Floridian Private Dining or Contemporary Private Dining
Le Cellier - BoardWalk Bakery
Yachtsman - BoardWalk Bakery

You should be able to get your cake replica at any of the restaurants you are dining at. I went through the list of restaurants and tried to match you up with what I believe to be the right location to call for custom cakes.

We can't give out direct phone numbers on the boards, but if you use google and keep "private dining" in quotes, the phone numbers for each resort are pretty easy to find.

Want to surprise DH & DD with pregnancy news - any suggestions for a cake for this? :lovestruc

They BOTH really want an addition to our family so it will be a sweet surprise at WDW.

Thank you!

How about Dumbo and his mother? From the part where she is singing "Baby Mine" I still get teary everytime I hear that song.

Jiko - Animal Kingdom Private Dining
Narcoossee's - Grand Floridian Private Dining
Tutto Italia - BoardWalk Bakery
Hollywood Brown Derby - Guessing BoardWalk Bakery
Kona Cafe - Grand Floridian Private Dining or Contemporary Private Dining
Le Cellier - BoardWalk Bakery
Yachtsman - BoardWalk Bakery

You should be able to get your cake replica at any of the restaurants you are dining at. I went through the list of restaurants and tried to match you up with what I believe to be the right location to call for custom cakes.

We can't give out direct phone numbers on the boards, but if you use google and keep "private dining" in quotes, the phone numbers for each resort are pretty easy to find.

Actually, I think a cake for YSH would come from YC/BC private dining. All the cakes I've seen from there have been really nice.

Tricia, have you seen an Epcot cake delivered from BB? (I know you've looked at all the cakes more times than most of us.) That would be a much better option than using the cake line. The cakes through the Epcot cake line are pretty pathetic.

Wish on a Star, if you call about one of the Epcot or DHS restaurants, please let us know what Boardwalk Bakery has to say. TIA

So, we will be celebrating my birthday on this trip, and I have my heart set on a special Disney cake. I've pored over the Cake Chatter thread, and I know that CR and GFC are the best places (and really the only places) to get cake. I want a yellow cake with chocolate mousse filling and vanilla buttercream (haven't picked a theme yet).

Originally thought I would go with GFC and eat at Narcoossee's, but now I am thinking the California Grill. Which resort makes consistently better cakes? Which would you choose?

I just had a cake made for our 22nd wedding anniversary in May at CG. It was a haunted mansion themed cake and I can tell you that it was awesome. So many of the staff had to come meet us because they had seen the cake and thought it was as great as we did. Brian, who does the cakes at CG, is on the cake chatter thread. Maybe reach out to him.

what is the process that you have to go through to order the cakes? can you look at them online? do you have to call? how do you do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter