***Official DLR November 2021 Check-in Thread***

OK - will be in the parks in two days! My hubby hates hearing from me about our plans until the day before b/c he knows how many times I change things up. To confirm though - what is the dining reservation cancellation policy? the night before??

We have an ADR for Lamplight Lounge for lunch, Wine Country Trattoria for dinner and Oga's close to park closing (all the same day). I have to decide if we want to keep all three.

7 am - try for WEB. 12:00 try for Rise as long as I have used WEB (if we did get an early enough BG).

My biggest worry is at what point should I go apply for my son's DAS? We are starting in CA - should we head straight to RSR and then go to City Hall? I feel like I'm going to be running around the parks like a chicken with my head cut off! So excited though!

Thanks!

We were there just last Weds-Sun and could not believe how chilly it got at night! We are definitely packing our warm stuff including mittens and heavier coats for this trip coming up in less than 2 weeks. It might not be so bad if you are up and walking, but waiting for fireworks we froze. I actually broke down and bought Mickey blankets with sleeves (snuggies) that they had for sale because we were so cold lol

I can handle 40 degrees in Colorado with a light jacket but I cannot handle when it drops into the 50s and 60s at night in California lol It's a different kind of cold! I remember a couple years ago in December, they were selling the cheap black mittens in some of the stores and they were flying off the shelves.

We were there just last Weds-Sun and could not believe how chilly it got at night! We are definitely packing our warm stuff including mittens and heavier coats for this trip coming up in less than 2 weeks. It might not be so bad if you are up and walking, but waiting for fireworks we froze. I actually broke down and bought Mickey blankets with sleeves (snuggies) that they had for sale because we were so cold lol

I can handle 40 degrees in Colorado with a light jacket but I cannot handle when it drops into the 50s and 60s at night in California lol It's a different kind of cold! I remember a couple years ago in December, they were selling the cheap black mittens in some of the stores and they were flying off the shelves.
I find that as well, happens to me anywhere we go that is really warm during the day. My husband laughs at me because in the evening I am the one with a hoody in mexico while he is in a tank top hahah

I am excited to pack one (or two or three!) of my many Disneyland sweatshirts. We tend to go when it is warm, so I enjoy the one or two times a year we go when it is a bit colder. :)

OK - will be in the parks in two days! My hubby hates hearing from me about our plans until the day before b/c he knows how many times I change things up. To confirm though - what is the dining reservation cancellation policy? the night before??

We have an ADR for Lamplight Lounge for lunch, Wine Country Trattoria for dinner and Oga's close to park closing (all the same day). I have to decide if we want to keep all three.

7 am - try for WEB. 12:00 try for Rise as long as I have used WEB (if we did get an early enough BG).

My biggest worry is at what point should I go apply for my son's DAS? We are starting in CA - should we head straight to RSR and then go to City Hall? I feel like I'm going to be running around the parks like a chicken with my head cut off! So excited though!

Thanks!
My reservations just say cancel 1 day before so I am not sure if that is 24 hours or just before midnight. hmmmmm
Sorry I don't know when would be the best timing to get your son's DAS, would be nice if you could get it the evening before you go to the parks.

DD15 and I will be there for a quick trip 11/22-11/25 at Holiday Inn - Anaheim Resort.
*our original plan was 1 park per day(11/23 & 11/24), but with ROTR & Web Slingers, I'm leaning towards changing those tickets to park hoppers.

So excited! First Disneyland trip with just the 2 of us and we'll be celebrating her 16th Birthday!

I agree, it's extremely frustrating. The DL website clearly outlines the various holiday offerings starting on 11/12. It specifically mentions all the lightings and the fireworks. It does say fireworks only on select nights, but that just means mostly weekends will have them showing.

I try to take solace in the fact that we know the lights are going up on iasw and the castle, and we also know the tree will get put up. They'll certainly light those things every night. I hope to see more details about times and fireworks soon.
"Believe" fireworks have FINALLY been added to some of the November days beginning 11/12 at 9:00 pm! It looks like they are currently adding fireworks, as it only goes out for one week at the time of this writing. It also looks like the fireworks are scheduled on weeknights the week of 11/15, so seems likely they'll be shown nightly the week of Thanksgiving too.

Here's hoping they continue adding the other holiday entertainment to the DL calendar!

We're pretty stoked that the Festival of Holidays will be back before our trip - those food booths are a highlight for us! I wish the menus were out. Thought about packing our swimsuits last night even though we have 3 weeks to go ...

I noticed that too. We already have all our meals planned out though, so no package for us this time. I don't know how I am going to have time to eat all these wonderful things in 2 1/2 days. The peppermint beignets are a must though, they are heavenly!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter