***Official DLR October 2021 Check-in Thread***

There are only two that I want and neither have opened for my dates (I think), Carnation & Trader Sam's on 10/8 & 10/9.
The sites that will send you notifications when your desired time & date come available have worked great for my September trip!

Trader Sam for sure hasn't. Its only available through Sept 15th during this "trial". If it goes well, I hope they'll announce when they actually open up future dates. I want that and Ogas for first week of October and still neither are there yet. I think we're just going to counter service and spontaneous luck the rest of our trip. My boys just want corndogs at DL and Pyms kitchen and Shwarma at DCA anyway

I dont know if I officially posted it, but I'm going Oct 2-6th if you want to add it @kikismom . Doing OBB on the 5th as a surprise to my sons (huge mnshhp fans).

Ooh we’re officially less than 2 months out from our trip!! We’re flying in Sunday afternoon (17th) and will be visiting the park that afternoon through Thursday (21st) We’re headed to San Diego bright and early Friday (22nd) morning. We have Oogie Boogie tix on the 19th and we have 5-day hoppers.

Being less than 2 months out means that I can officially start stalking the reservations. I see Cafe Orleans is available, but I don’t want that for my first night dinner.

Has anyone used Mouse Dining? Is it worth the $9 for a couple months until I get my reservations?

Ooh we’re officially less than 2 months out from our trip!! We’re flying in Sunday afternoon (17th) and will be visiting the park that afternoon through Thursday (21st) We’re headed to San Diego bright and early Friday (22nd) morning. We have Oogie Boogie tix on the 19th and we have 5-day hoppers.

Being less than 2 months out means that I can officially start stalking the reservations. I see Cafe Orleans is available, but I don’t want that for my first night dinner.

Has anyone used Mouse Dining? Is it worth the $9 for a couple months until I get my reservations?

I use Mouse Dining and am trialing Mouse Watcher as well. The services are totally comparable at the paid level but Mouse Dining is more cost effective.

Mouse Dining offers up to six alerts for free, then charges. Mouse Watchers charges per alert and then offers a “package” for multiple alerts – but it’s more expensive. I will say, I tend to get Mouse Watcher alerts 3-5 minutes sooner than Mouse Dining alerts.

At this point, I’m using the alerts for peace of mind. I’m going a bit crazy thinking I’ve missed reservation drops since Disney is very behind in October. But sit-down dining is very important to my family due to dietary restrictions.

I use Mouse Dining and am trialing Mouse Watcher as well. The services are totally comparable at the paid level but Mouse Dining is more cost effective.

Mouse Dining offers up to six alerts for free, then charges. Mouse Watchers charges per alert and then offers a “package” for multiple alerts – but it’s more expensive. I will say, I tend to get Mouse Watcher alerts 3-5 minutes sooner than Mouse Dining alerts.

At this point, I’m using the alerts for peace of mind. I’m going a bit crazy thinking I’ve missed reservation drops since Disney is very behind in October. But sit-down dining is very important to my family due to dietary restrictions.

Thanks for the tip.I have a list of reservations I want to get but I’m specifically focused on Oga’s and Lamplight for brunch. We also have Cafe Orleans, Blue Bayou, Carnation Cafe, and Cathay (lounge or restaurant, I haven’t decided) as other potential options.

I don’t want to get too crazy with my reservations though as my husband doesn’t want to be pigeon-holed into a schedule of sorts. We’re very much the wanderer type of tourist to Disneyland—no specific agenda.

If anyone is staying on-site and wants a cabana for October, call now. I called yesterday to try to add it for our Labor Day trip and they were sold out, but I inquired about my October trip the CM said that he'd been getting a lot of calls at the 60 day mark. There was one left at DLH for the afternoon I'll be checking in in October, so I nabbed it! We've been wanting to get a cabana on check in day for years and for various reasons it hasn't worked out until now. :cool1: Very excited for this!

If anyone is staying on-site and wants a cabana for October, call now. I called yesterday to try to add it for our Labor Day trip and they were sold out, but I inquired about my October trip the CM said that he'd been getting a lot of calls at the 60 day mark. There was one left at DLH for the afternoon I'll be checking in in October, so I nabbed it! We've been wanting to get a cabana on check in day for years and for various reasons it hasn't worked out until now. :cool1: Very excited for this!
I second this. I called right at the 60-day mark and the cast member mentioned I wasn't the first inquiry of the day!

I'll be there Oct 8-11. Somehow I missed this thread.

Finally got the reservations I want except for Oga's, that one is proving to be elusive. I've given up checking and just paid for alerts.

I'll be there Oct 8-11. Somehow I missed this thread.

Finally got the reservations I want except for Oga's, that one is proving to be elusive. I've given up checking and just paid for alerts.
Keep checking too, from my understanding they haven't released Oga reservations for October yet... or at least I haven't seen anyone with them yet

Keep checking too, from my understanding they haven't released Oga reservations for October yet... or at least I haven't seen anyone with them yet
Yeah, I've been stalking since they should have released, and I don't think they ever loaded any slots. Still waiting, but I've lost patience with checking every hour.

I was thinking about a cabana but was on the fence. After seeing this I called and got the last one available for my day!
I also didn't know until I called that you could cancel up to 24 hours ahead of time! I think I might just start reserving them for any trip we might want one then cancel later if we decide we'd prefer more park time?

Hey all! Checking in for our Oct 9-14 trip. We are (hopefully) sneaking away for an adult-only anniversary trip. Booked at Disneyland hotel. It’ll be my husbands first time to DL and my first time back in 16 years! I grew up going to DL but since having kids of my own WDW has been our park of choice. We have 3 day hoppers and OBB on a non-park day. DL, DCA, OBB, DL. Booked a couple dining reservations. GCH Craftsman Bar for dinner on arrival day, Cafe Orleans, Carthay Circle Lounge, The Plaza breakfast (undecided on this one). Hoping to get Lamplight whenever it’s released. Normally we don’t do dining reservations but without our toddlers running the show we are going to enjoy sitting down and eating together. Am I doing this right!?! I feel SO lost. Any advice?? We are pretty low-key, go with the flow people. Getting anxious about the current state of Covid but we are vaxxed and happy to mask and eat outdoors. We’ve been back to WDW while full masking was still in place and it was totally fine (and incredibly hot)!

Probably a silly question, but is there any reason to be concerned about being able to park hop into Disneyland on Oogie Boogie days due to capacity limits over Halloween weekend? I haven't been following Disneyland news and what the current capacities are. I do not have Oogie Boogie tickets so I might make park reservations for DCA on an Oogie Boogie day and park hop to Disneyland in the afternoon. I know this would never have been an issue in the past, but park reservations make me nervous!

Hello!
Add my family for October 4-7, staying at the Castle Inn. I’ve got tickets and reservations made. Kids have fall break that week (we are in Norcal). I’m expecting heavy crowds and wondering if I’d be better off doing the prior Friday-Monday (10/1-4) when some of the magic keys are blocked. Anyone care to make a crowd prediction? 😅

Hi! Please add us to the check in list! We are going to be at the parks October 11-15th. Have a feeling it will be crowded and feel a bit thrown with the new fast pass system (although sounds exactly like MaxPass for the most part), but can't wait!!!! Haven't gotten to ride Rise yet as the last time we were there we missed the opening by a few weeks so we are all super stoked!

Hello fellow Oct travelers! I am joining they party. I decided this week to book a trip Oct 8-15. It will be me and 2 nephews. We are WDW vets and visited DL for the first time 7 yrs ago. I have booked flights and hotel (Home2 Suites), but I am definitely behind my normal planning schedule. Avengers Campus is the priority, but they were pretty young last time so don't remember a lot of the rides. I know they will love Indy, Incredicoaster and seeing DL's version of GE. We will also do a few days of other SoCal tourist stuff.

Welcome to everyone! The list is updated I believe.

I'm personally not sure about Genie and I'm not even sure if I want to get it or not. I hope it's not released on October 1st personally because I really don't want to deal with the newness of it.

My main issue is they haven't released any snack lists yet! I looked back and based on historical dates I think we should see some fall food coming out the beginning of September so not that much longer. I'll update the first page with links one that happens.

Anyone think the Genie will be released before October? I'm guessing so.
I think their goal is to release it in WDW on or before the Oct 1 WDW 50th anniversary celebration start date. I am guessing the release date will be the same for both parks since the announcement for both parks happened at the same time. As a person who is planning to purchase LL, I am hoping it launches prior to my Oct 8 arrival. And more importantly, I hope that the kinks are worked out before I get there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter