Official February 2014 Thread...

Just checked. You meant Tuesday. Ouch. And triple ouch for me cause I have a meeting with my son at 2pm. ugh I hate driving in snow.

Yeah I meant Tuesday. Not sure what I was thinking when I was typing. May have been the wine talking!

I had so wanted to get there today. A friend from college was having her wedding at the Pavillion today and I was hoping to see her and a few other college friends, but alas pictures will do!

To cheer ourselves up DD and I saw the LEGO movie.

Yeah I meant Tuesday. Not sure what I was thinking when I was typing. May have been the wine talking!

I had so wanted to get there today. A friend from college was having her wedding at the Pavillion today and I was hoping to see her and a few other college friends, but alas pictures will do!

To cheer ourselves up DD and I saw the LEGO movie.

Just curious...were you not able to get a flight tomorrow? Is that why Tuesday?

There's no flight out of Worcester on Monday. I could have gotten out of Boston at 7:15 PM, but we figured Tuesday out of Worcester would be good. The snow looks like an inch or so.

Just about. I just have to add a few more articles of clothing to my suitcase and buy some little things today. And then there's the last minute stuff like chargers and toothbrushes that I'll add on departure day. I LOVE packing. :p.

How about you?

I feel ya on the packing...definitely not my favorite ;) I am hoping to finish up major packing today since last week was pretty bad/hectic (just a really strange week!). I am feeling a little less stressed now that most of this stuff is done.

I poured over the internet/books for packing tips for WDW and the lists were huge and it was overwhelming. I decided to just cut some things out (a lot of things). Anyone else have trouble with over packing (or packing in general)?

It is going to be hard to work this last week!

We leave tomorrow!!!
Had to do some last minute shopping yesterday looking for shorts for myself. Over the past year i've lost 35lbs, so last years summer clothes don't fit anymore. Of course nobody had normal shorts out, so looks like it's exercise clothes for me!

So gotta finish packing up tonight, in secret since the girls still don't know.

Hope you have a great trip! You are so smooth with keeping things a secret. I can't imagine how hard it would be to pack all the items and keep it a secret. oh and congratulations on the weight loss. We have maurice's out here and their shorts are cut a little more conservatively. Just picked some up today :)

Flight cancelled already for tomorrow. So angry.

How frustrating! I am so glad to hear that you were able to reschedule. You seem to be handling it like a champ too!

There's no flight out of Worcester on Monday. I could have gotten out of Boston at 7:15 PM, but we figured Tuesday out of Worcester would be good. The snow looks like an inch or so.

Interesting there is no flight on Monday. Holiday? or just standard? No I've seen Monday flights so it must be holiday or just full.

Ya Tuesday I saw the snow won't start until you are already on your way or maybe even there. LIke I said when I went they made really great timing and left early because everyone was good about being ready to leave 10 minutes before scheduled. You will probably be in your shorts before it starts snowing Tuesday.

:cheer2:

Has anyone wondered about feb 28. Mk open until 1 am but MSEP is early at 7 and 9. Any chance of them moving to later?

Interesting there is no flight on Monday. Holiday? or just standard? No I've seen Monday flights so it must be holiday or just full.

Ya Tuesday I saw the snow won't start until you are already on your way or maybe even there. LIke I said when I went they made really great timing and left early because everyone was good about being ready to leave 10 minutes before scheduled. You will probably be in your shorts before it starts snowing Tuesday.

:cheer2:

Let's hope. Channel 7 is saying starting at 9, but is that Boston? Sounds like it will be more snow showers early in the AM.

I poured over the internet/books for packing tips for WDW and the lists were huge and it was overwhelming. I decided to just cut some things out (a lot of things). Anyone else have trouble with over packing (or packing in general)?

We leave on Saturday and I do NOT want to overpack so I've been procrastinating. I'm thinking of bringing two long sleeve shirts for the evenings, but then I second guess myself and think I'll only bring one and plan on buying one there. With highs anywhere from the low 80's to mid 60's, have to be prepared for all kinds of weather. Good luck with your packing!

We are back. We left on Thursday 2/6 and started our drive down. Got in on friday around 9-ish, unpacked, showered and went to bed. Stayed at All Star Sports in the Surf's Up section. Really great theming, clean, etc.

Saturday 2/8 - miserable rain all day. We went to HS. Thankfully mostly everything is inside, but we did alot of waiting under cover to get from point A to point B. Did everything we wanted and saw all characters except Mike and Sully :( they were not back until the following day and my 4 year old was devastated. They were switching back from Monsters U to Monsters Inc. Not sure what that took other than taking off the jackets, but we were pretty bummed. He was talking about them foprever before our trip and couldn't wait to see them. We were able to get on TSM with only a 25 minute wait, which really seemed like a bit less, but my 4 year old does not like lines...AT ALL. But loves any and every character there is and will wait in those lines with no issue.

Sunday 2/9 - Beautiful weather this day. Low 70's. LegoLand. Loved this place. Its really amazing what they do with the legos and the park is clean and pretty and very easy to navigate. Not crowded and they didn't gauge you for food like Disney and Universal do. Kids got in free which was a huge bonus.

Monday 2/10 - My baby's birthday at MK! Great day all in all. My baby's face when he saw the castle was priceless. Not a cloud in the sky, low-mid 70's again. CP for breakfast which was great as always. Tigger is just the best. Got to ride alot of the rides twice, but alot of rides went down on this day...HM, Goofy coaster, Pirates, and Space Mountain, but we were still able to get on them later. And the talking Mikey!!! OMG! So adorable. And actually not just basic answeres and talking. Repeated things to my kids and they loved it.

Tuesday 2/11 - a little hot for this snowbunny. Low 80's during the day but still needed jacket at night, but sunny. Universal Studios which I love. The theming is great, its beautiful. My kids loved the Simpsons area and the characters and we even got pictures with 3 of the Transformers which was so cool. They are huge! The way they move and talk is awesome. My 4 year old is not afraid of any of them despite their size, not even the bad guy, whose name I don't remember. Saw Sponge bob and Patrick together, the Minions and my little one was pulled into the parade with them. Fun rides and cool park. Ate at Bubba Gump Shrimp and the food was incredible. Fun place to be.

Wednesday 2/12 - took a break from walking and hit the pool for a few hours in the morning, had a snack, then checked out Art of Animation in the Cars section. Loved that the characters were there, great for photo ops, but McQueen was covered by a big box that just had his picture on the side. Guess he needed some maintenance. Very cool hotel though. Then went to dinner and it started to pour rain...like monsoon rain, for hours. Killed our night of going to the Boardwalk, but also nice to have a break.

Thursday 2/13 - Beautiful day! Actually chilly and very windy. Islands of Adventure. Looped it twice. my hubby and two older boys were able to go on the Hulk coaster three times in a row when we got there. We walked right onto Spiderman, met Spiderman which is always cool because he talks and is awesome with the kids. Walked over to hit the Hard Rock for dinner and it was closed for a private event. UGH. My kids love it there. Called Planet Hollywood and asked if I could make a reservation for about an hour from then. Wastold by the girl it wasn't busy so no need to put our names in. Got there and it was packed! Waited almost an hour for our table. At least the food was good.

Friday 2/14 - Our last day. Beautiful day again. Ran over to All Star Movies for my baby to see see the Toy Story section and he was so excited. Hung out for about 20 minutes and headed to Downtown Disney for lunch at T-Rex and a little shopping. Then over to Epcot. Cute photo op right before heading into World Showcase since it was Valentine's Day holding a big heart decorated with Mickey heads. Got to see the fireworks too. Was a good day.

182 pics on my Photopass. No magic shots at all. Asked a couple of times and they said not available. Kind of bummed.

Left saturday and got home yesterday.

We leave on Saturday and I do NOT want to overpack so I've been procrastinating. I'm thinking of bringing two long sleeve shirts for the evenings, but then I second guess myself and think I'll only bring one and plan on buying one there. With highs anywhere from the low 80's to mid 60's, have to be prepared for all kinds of weather. Good luck with your packing!

Not sure how you do in the predicted weather but I will say the temps you say were what I had and during the day I had shorts and the only one night I changed into capri and 3/4 sleeves was the day that was almost 90 and I went swimming about 4pm and returned to he parks. I could have stayed in a tshirt if I had not gone swimming and cooled myself down. (I don't swim often unless it's pretty warm and the water is warm)

If you plan to buy something down there, or are taking a light jacket, you probably only need one long sleeve top.
Not sure how long you are there and if you plan to do pool time, but remember that there is laundry places right at the pool areas.

So hard. I over packed for November trip and did better in February.
I had a jacket I never needed because I packed too many options and only really needed the layers when I got back to the home airport and foot of snow.
I think other than the capris I only had 1 extra outfit. Which was fine with me.
Better than November when I probably could have stayed at least a few more days. But then they had unusually warm weather I hadn't expected.

I know for sure if we go as a family in the future, I'll be doing laundry mid trip.
Adds up fast in the suitcases.

Good luck!

Let's hope. Channel 7 is saying starting at 9, but is that Boston? Sounds like it will be more snow showers early in the AM.

So hard to know what to believe until the morning.
But I'm really hoping with a flight as early as you are planning, you'll be fine.
Fingers crossed.

I bet you are so excited!!! Tomorrow!
:banana::banana::banana:

Not sure how you do in the predicted weather but I will say the temps you say were what I had and during the day I had shorts and the only one night I changed into capri and 3/4 sleeves was the day that was almost 90 and I went swimming about 4pm and returned to he parks. I could have stayed in a tshirt if I had not gone swimming and cooled myself down. (I don't swim often unless it's pretty warm and the water is warm)

If you plan to buy something down there, or are taking a light jacket, you probably only need one long sleeve top.
Not sure how long you are there and if you plan to do pool time, but remember that there is laundry places right at the pool areas.

So hard. I over packed for November trip and did better in February.
I had a jacket I never needed because I packed too many options and only really needed the layers when I got back to the home airport and foot of snow.
I think other than the capris I only had 1 extra outfit. Which was fine with me.
Better than November when I probably could have stayed at least a few more days. But then they had unusually warm weather I hadn't expected.

I know for sure if we go as a family in the future, I'll be doing laundry mid trip.
Adds up fast in the suitcases.

Good luck!

Thanks for the packing tips.

Can't wait - but haven't packed yet because I'm not sure about the weather! I decided on pants and tshirts for the kids with a couple of sweatshirts, but for me I'm torn about capris and sandals or pants and socks/shoes. I HATE to wear pants/shoes at Disney! Have to do a final load of laundry on Fri with ALL of my newly toilet-trained toddler's underwear too - nervous about that! He's been fully toilet trained for a month, so we're going to be cautious and throw a PullUp overtop of underwear for the first day and see how it goes.

Anyone else going to be at CSR next week?

Can't wait - but haven't packed yet because I'm not sure about the weather! I decided on pants and tshirts for the kids with a couple of sweatshirts, but for me I'm torn about capris and sandals or pants and socks/shoes. I HATE to wear pants/shoes at Disney! Have to do a final load of laundry on Fri with ALL of my newly toilet-trained toddler's underwear too - nervous about that! He's been fully toilet trained for a month, so we're going to be cautious and throw a PullUp overtop of underwear for the first day and see how it goes.

Anyone else going to be at CSR next week?

Definitely do a lot of bathroom breaks. I did that when my DD was just toilet trained. SHe did have an accident at AK one night. Bring a spare plastic bag for those just in case moments.

Can't wait - but haven't packed yet because I'm not sure about the weather! I decided on pants and tshirts for the kids with a couple of sweatshirts, but for me I'm torn about capris and sandals or pants and socks/shoes. I HATE to wear pants/shoes at Disney! Have to do a final load of laundry on Fri with ALL of my newly toilet-trained toddler's underwear too - nervous about that! He's been fully toilet trained for a month, so we're going to be cautious and throw a PullUp overtop of underwear for the first day and see how it goes. Anyone else going to be at CSR next week?

We're here now and I'd definitely bring shorts too! I'm glad we did. It's been rather warm during the day to the point of getting sunburned without sunscreen and needing to be in the shade. The people with jeans on yesterday looked uncomfortable!

We're here now and I'd definitely bring shorts too! I'm glad we did. It's been rather warm during the day to the point of getting sunburned without sunscreen and needing to be in the shade. The people with jeans on yesterday looked uncomfortable!

Ahh...good plan. I'm definitely not bringing jeans, but I'm all about the capris for summer (these pale Canadian legs are not made for shorts!). Kids are pale too, so thin pants for them. I think I'll take the chance and do the sandals though, skip packing shoes and socks! Maybe I'll get a tan! (fingers crossed). How are you finding the crowds/lines today now that the holiday is over? Are you there all week? Would love some more current updates on what it's like. I've never been during the slower times.

Definitely do a lot of bathroom breaks. I did that when my DD was just toilet trained. SHe did have an accident at AK one night. Bring a spare plastic bag for those just in case moments.

Yes for sure, I imagine we will become intimately familiar with every bathroom and babycare centre in all the parks! Last time we went my oldest was 8m, so we got familiar with diaper changing places, but now it's all about the toilets! Luckily my sister is tagging along and she was a CM in 2010 working custodial, so she has the inside scoop on the cleanest ones :)

Ahh...good plan. I'm definitely not bringing jeans, but I'm all about the capris for summer (these pale Canadian legs are not made for shorts!). Kids are pale too, so thin pants for them. I think I'll take the chance and do the sandals though, skip packing shoes and socks! Maybe I'll get a tan! (fingers crossed). How are you finding the crowds/lines today now that the holiday is over? Are you there all week? Would love some more current updates on what it's like. I've never been during the slower times.

Yes for sure, I imagine we will become intimately familiar with every bathroom and babycare centre in all the parks! Last time we went my oldest was 8m, so we got familiar with diaper changing places, but now it's all about the toilets! Luckily my sister is tagging along and she was a CM in 2010 working custodial, so she has the inside scoop on the cleanest ones :)

Sandals good but personally I prefered to be able to switch out my sandals and sneakers as each fit different for different support and my feet liked the change from day to day. My guess if you are coming from Canada you won't be leaving in sandals and capris. :-) So you'll have them with you when traveling but I don't think you have to pack more.

One thing I found this last trip that people were having trouble with is the children being afraid of the autoflush of the toilet. I kept hearing the Mom say "I promise I'll cover the sensor until you are done."
So I'm sure when toilet training that makes it a little more difficult. Wonder if there is some kind of tape or something to cover the sensor. I know personally some flushes were a little too aggressive for me and flushed quicker than I expected. My husband and I had some good laughs over a couple stories I shared with him. ;)

One thing I found this last trip that people were having trouble with is the children being afraid of the autoflush of the toilet. I kept hearing the Mom say "I promise I'll cover the sensor until you are done."
So I'm sure when toilet training that makes it a little more difficult. Wonder if there is some kind of tape or something to cover the sensor.

Good point - have added 'post it notes' to my packing list :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter