***Official February 2017 Thread***

Hello!

It's really getting closer now! I'm at the 121 day mark! 4 months. I am going to try and visit the board more often now that it is closer. Will try to share some tidbits on the park hours, closures, or other details that may be useful for our February crowd.

Now to update that roll call....

A first trip for all??? Wow. So exciting. We'll be checking out of the Poly as you arrive. We'll leave it in good shape for you.
Feel free to ask questions on this board. Most of these folks are experienced Disney visitors.
Yep, total and complete newbies :)

I'm a researcher and planner by nature, so I think I've got it (mostly) figured out, at least as far as logistics. Disboards is one of the last places I found (referred by another Disney board) to help me understand what we're getting ourselves into!

I bought my new park bag today! It is my very first ever VERA. (I know a lot of Dis-ers love Vera Bradley.) I got the "little crossbody" in the "Pop Art" pattern, which I love. It is one zipper/one section, with an open pocket on the back - quick and easy for bag checks. I feel like I actually did something constructive toward the trip while waiting for Discount Day Monday to book my room.

I'M IN!!!! MamaMaleficent, would you please update me in the roll call next time you're updating? I am now officially karly05, 2/4 - 2/11 at POP Century!

Edit - Dig my groovy new ticker! :flower1:

Last edited:
We're booked! February 19-24, POFQ!
6 adults in three garden view rooms, military discount!
So excited

Saving this post for Roll Call! Tell us your dates and/or resort and we'll add you to the list!
***Updated September 29***

MamaMaleficent2016 Jan 29- Feb 3 Poly, Feb 3-10 BCV IG: ms.maleficent
karly05 POFQ Feb 4-11
Canooknic POR Feb 4-18
thksphoenicians OKW Feb 25-Mar 4
Elevationist ASM Feb 20-25
Sandy Mouse Pop Feb 4-12
AChameleon CBR Feb 25- Mar 1
MuttonJeff AKL Jan 24-Feb 7
amberdc1987 POP Feb 25- Mar 4
cyndiella POP Feb 12-16
GirlOutlaw AoA Feb 12-25
Dreamport POP Feb 26 - Mar 4
Mouselovejess ??? Feb 10-17
Michelle82 POP Feb 25-Mar 6
atir2002 POP Feb 25- Mar 4
AaronInWI BLT Feb 7-13
jgeib CBR Jan 29- Feb 6
hodad Offsite Feb 20- 28
babiipiggiex3 Offsite Feb 16- 25
cmarsh31 BVC & OKW Feb 18- 26
6travel AoA Jan 29- Feb 4
judypriv MAYBE!
jpeden BLT Feb 12-17
awaydrink POR Feb 2- Feb 8
Disneycolada Feb 26- Mar 8 AKL, SoG, BCV
Arkland Feb 15-20 CBR
beck00 Feb 25-Mar 2 CSR
3mscott Feb 1 - Feb 9 POR
sagamba Feb 18 - Feb 25 POFQ
Sherrkel CBR Feb 24- Mar 8
KSellers88 POP Feb 24 - Mar 2
Smokey Feb 11-19
lizzilou BWV Feb 4-9
Sweet Pea Reed CBR Feb 10-18
melliemelo Feb 25- Mar 4 Offsite
wvgoofyfan Jan 30- Feb 5th
Katniss Feb 10- 19 CBR
disneyAndi14 Feb 16- 23 AKL
tinkerbella16 Feb 2-7 Beach Club
iheartbklyn Feb 8-13 POR Cruise Feb 17-19 Contemporary
ISUamanda Feb 4-12 Poly
disneyseniors Feb 6-16 POR

Saving this post for Roll Call! Tell us your dates and/or resort and we'll add you to the list!

karly05 POFQ Feb 4-11
Canooknic POR Feb 4-18
Sandy Mouse Pop Feb 4-12
cyndiella POP Feb 12-16
GirlOutlaw AoA Feb 12-25
AaronInWI BLT Feb 7-13
jgeib CBR Jan 29- Feb 6
hodad Offsite Feb 20- 28
judypriv MAYBE!
jpeden BLT Feb 12-17
Arkland Feb 15-20 CBR
beck00 Feb 25-Mar 2 CSR
Smokey Feb 11-19
lizzilou BWV Feb 4-9
Katniss Feb 10- 19 CBR
ISUamanda Feb 4-12 Poly

Disney seniors Feb 6-16 POR

I just changed our May vacation to February. DH decided he didn't want to go in the heat and humidity again. We went in May 2 years ago and it was almost unbearable for us.

We're now going Feb 11-18 POFQ

I am in also!!! We are going Feb 25 - Mar 5 POP. We are taking a friend of my DD for her first visit and I will be celerating my 50th. Very disappointed that I could not get the PSD discount or Room Only discount :worried:. We had gotten that discount the last two times we have gone.

Last edited:
I am in also!!! We are going Feb 25 - Mar 5 POP. We are taking a friend of my DD for her first visit and I will be celerating my 50th. Very disappointed that I could not get the PSD discount or Room Only discount :worried:. We had gotten that discount the last two times we have gone.

It was very difficult for me to get our discount applied. We had to play with our dates, but we had a little wiggle room, one day this way or one day that way. I finally got it to apply. Took forever!

Just got our Ohana breakfast moved earlier so more time in the parks! Keep checking those ADRs if you want a change...you never know when you'll get in!

Since I like round numbers -- 120 days until we depart for Florida! :car:

Park tickets have been purchased, and arrived in the mail yesterday. That's about it for things to do until our 60-day FP+ window opens on December 9. I tortured myself by watching a Bay Lake Tower (our resort in February) video on YouTube yesterday morning. I don't know why I do that to myself. It just makes me even more anxious to leave NOW!

Well time to update all my resort switching when the Visa discount came out...I was booked at POFQ, but since it was a room only 10% and since the Stay, Play, and Dine was available bout any place I wanted........I jumped on the YC, so excited to stay at an Epcot resort....So I'm getting excited YC- Jan 30-Feb 6th, 2017..you can correct the list, lol.

Just made our reservation for the half-marathon weekend in February! We're both doing the 5k for the first time. We'll be there (the evening of) 2/23 - 2/26. And I made some amazing reservations I wasn't sure I was going to be able to get since it's about 140 days out or something.

02/24 - Ohana @ 10:25
02/24 - California Grill @ 9:20 (I think we can get there right before the fireworks start at nine, right? And just hang out on the deck since we have an ADR?)
02/25 - Yak & Yeti @ 12:30
02/25 - Sanaa @ 7:10

I'm still deciding what to do for Sunday, our last day... since we're doing that signature we might just go ahead and find breakfast in Disney Springs, since we won't be able to make it there when we're at Disney in October.

Anyway: YAY! :yay::yay:

Today is Sunday, so it's time to play. I customized my Magic Band (going red this year). And I moved my Via Napoli dinner from Monday to Friday (no problem finding the time I wanted). I'm leaving Sunday and Monday evenings open, not knowing what day(s) SW fireworks will be running. So, my current ADRs are:

Monday lunch at Brown Derby (btdt, going back for the rest of the desserts)
Tuesday early breakfast at The Wave (did it/loved it this year)
Wednesday lunch at Tiffins (first time)
Thursday breakfast at 1900 PF (first time)
Thursday late lunch at The Wave (loved bfast & dinner, want to try lunch)
Friday dinner at Via Napoli (annual must-do)

I'm still hoping for a last-minute Jiko ADR on my arrival day (would be a first time for me), and have a couple of evenings I could play with if I want.

All you who have been to DisneyWorld on Valentine's Day (or week).... What recommendations do you have for seeing the Princes along with their princesses? Which parks do they appear in? Are they out before or after the 14th? Any special info would be appreciated greatly. We have park hoppers and are not afraid to use them! lol.. Thanks in advance

I posted about our luck with Valentines Day (on page 3), here's the link. ;)
http://disboards.com/threads/official-february-2017-thread.3512563/page-3#post-56007217

karly05 POFQ Feb 4-11
Canooknic POR Feb 4-18
Sandy Mouse Pop Feb 4-12
cyndiella POP Feb 12-16
GirlOutlaw AoA Feb 12-25
AaronInWI BLT Feb 7-13
jgeib CBR Jan 29- Feb 6
hodad Offsite Feb 20- 28
judypriv MAYBE!
jpeden BLT Feb 12-17
Arkland Feb 15-20 CBR
beck00 Feb 25-Mar 2 CSR
Smokey Feb 11-19
lizzilou BWV Feb 4-9
Katniss Feb 10- 19 CBR
ISUamanda Feb 4-12 Poly
ownedby3 Feb. 15 - 23rd - Contemporary

Today is Sunday, so it's time to play. I customized my Magic Band (going red this year). And I moved my Via Napoli dinner from Monday to Friday (no problem finding the time I wanted). I'm leaving Sunday and Monday evenings open, not knowing what day(s) SW fireworks will be running. So, my current ADRs are:

Monday lunch at Brown Derby (btdt, going back for the rest of the desserts)
Tuesday early breakfast at The Wave (did it/loved it this year)
Wednesday lunch at Tiffins (first time)
Thursday breakfast at 1900 PF (first time)
Thursday late lunch at The Wave (loved bfast & dinner, want to try lunch)
Friday dinner at Via Napoli (annual must-do)

I'm still hoping for a last-minute Jiko ADR on my arrival day (would be a first time for me), and have a couple of evenings I could play with if I want.

Is The Wave kid friendly?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter