Official Glass Slipper Challenge Thread

I also picked up an "always earned - never given" medal rack. With the C2C this year, I figured it's finally time to display all my medals somehow instead of keeping them in a box in my room. The rack holds 30, so I should be able to get all my old ones on there, plus the SEVEN new runDisney ones this year. :D

I loved that shirt! I got the mom one for my son. And the wine glasses are awesome!

Oh I really hope they have wine glasses left when I get there today! I live my run Disney wine glass collection (even tho it's missing tink). I also wish they had an outlet where you could order past years stuff for registered racers. I need to replace my wine and dine pint glass....

Finished the 5k it was fun. Crowded though, hard to get a good pace from the back of the pack.
Best part was watching DS17 start and finish before we started. We could see him come in, it was awesome.
One down, 2 to go. Now I have a plan for the 10K. And I won't have DD7 with me so I can focus on myself.
I'm in corral E for the 10k and M for the half.

Finished the 5k it was fun. Crowded though, hard to get a good pace from the back of the pack. Best part was watching DS17 start and finish before we started. We could see him come in, it was awesome. One down, 2 to go. Now I have a plan for the 10K. And I won't have DD7 with me so I can focus on myself. I'm in corral E for the 10k and M for the half.

Glad it went well for you! I did pretty well, but man was it humid! You probably can spot me from a mile away tomorrow! I will be in bright orange!

Very humid...I fear it will be tomorrow as well. I went to cheer for awhile and saw one green WISH shirt.

At least the 5k gave me a real wakeup call for the other 2 races. It was really humid and I'd forgotten what humid was like! Taking some sport beans and water with me tomorrow even though I don't normally.

First half of the GSC is in the bag. That was hard. My pace was pretty good and finish in exactly 1:30:37 which was my target time. My intervals went out the window and I just did what I could when I could. Lots of great people out there cheering and running. Got to kiss my hubby and DD and high five the boys on the boardwalk by the yacht club. I may or may not have cried a little when I got to the boardwalk because I new my family was on the other side.
Ready for tomorrow!!

Yes, that's in the bag. I will carry my handheld water bottle tomorrow and maybe my iPod. I assume it will be as humid. It was a nice course. Did they say 6200 GSC runners? I was over my goal by a couple of minutes, but stood in line for Pocohontas...had to, it is my DD favorite princess. Yesterday I got Jasime my other DD favorite princess.

We're halfway there ladies! I got more rest yesterday than I did before the 5K, so this one was actually easier for me. I plan to rest up even more for the half. It's actually a good thing I am so tired. Otherwise, I'd be too excited to sleep!

Congrats to all the Glass Slipper finishers! How does everyone feel?

Congrats Princesses! Great weekend for me. I PRed on the 10k and for the half I knew the humidity+ my costume was a recipe for disaster so i ran my regular pace and stopped for lots of pics. I had a fantastic time!

Congrats Princesses! Great weekend for me. I PRed on the 10k and for the half I knew the humidity+ my costume was a recipe for disaster so i ran my regular pace and stopped for lots of pics. I had a fantastic time!

I PRed on the 10K too! I was shocked! For the half, it was my first, so it was technically a PR! lol. I have done training runs at a better time, but I think with hills, heat, humidity, and picture stops, I did pretty well! Under 3 hours!

BernardandMissBianca said:
First half of the GSC is in the bag. That was hard. My pace was pretty good and finish in exactly 1:30:37 which was my target time. My intervals went out the window and I just did what I could when I could. Lots of great people out there cheering and running. Got to kiss my hubby and DD and high five the boys on the boardwalk by the yacht club. I may or may not have cried a little when I got to the boardwalk because I new my family was on the other side.
Ready for tomorrow!!

my aunt was waiting for me at the yacht club and that definitely helped me get through it! i was so excited when i saw her. having family there is such a good motivator.

i loved the challenge but won't do it again until i'm permanently stateside. the early wakeups paired with jetlag have made me exhausted and it showed in my running. i was about ten minutes slower than my average, and it wasn't the humidity's fault. was going to sign up for dumbo through a charity, but i don't know now. it was worth it this time though!

great job princesses!

I will post a more lengthy follow up in the days to come, but wanted to say I had a blast!! And DH is already talking about next year!! YEEHAW!!!

But right now, I am exhausted and sore and I need to get the kids off to school in the morning.

I am so freaking tired, it's insane! It really may take a couple weeks for me to recover. But...

I did it! Princess Triple Crown complete. :banana::banana::banana:

Congrats to all of the GSC finishers - that was not easy and I think we're all rockstars! :thumbsup2

I am so freaking tired, it's insane! It really may take a couple weeks for me to recover. But...

I did it! Princess Triple Crown complete. :banana::banana::banana:

Congrats to all of the GSC finishers - that was not easy and I think we're all rockstars! :thumbsup2

Triple crown done for me too! Ain't no rest for the wicked, I have 2 back to back halfs this weekend, one on Saturday and one on Sunday. 48.6 miles of racing in 8 days. Whew! Boy it sure sounded good on paper. Congrats everyone!

Triple crown done for me too! Ain't no rest for the wicked, I have 2 back to back halfs this weekend, one on Saturday and one on Sunday. 48.6 miles of racing in 8 days. Whew! Boy it sure sounded good on paper. Congrats everyone!

:worship::worship::worship:

That is amazing! Congratulations! So inspiring to hear how successful other runners are in achieving their goals:yay:

You're crazy!!

I just have 2 5K's. One in March and one in May. And maybe an 11.5 miler in August.

I've really been enjoying reading everyone's race reports. If anyone is interested, my sister and I are writing a TR that can be found here!

We ran the 5k and the Glass Slipper Challenge so this recaps those as well as the rest of our weekend. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter