Official inaugural Tower of Terror 10 miler thread. September 29, 2012

Danhockey04 said:
If it does rain, it usually does so early enough it is passed by 10pm. Also, if it must rain, I would want it to around 7, so that it cools the air quicker and that it's late enough so the sun doesn't make it miserably humid.

I think I may need to invest in a pre race poncho. I also brought some throw away flip flops to wear so I can put my good shoes in a plastic bag in case in downpours while we are waiting in our corrals. I hate wet running shoes!

Whew! 5k and 1 mile with the kids in the books. Pool, lunch, nap, then ToT!!! Good luck everybody!!

We did the 5K with DS8 this morning and it was a fun course. However, we did it very slowly (for DS) and I still felt terrible! I don't think I will ever again schedule a race on the last night of a vacation...all the bad food, drinking, and walking around the parks has really taken a toll! Hopefully, we can pull it together by 10 PM!

jimandami said:
We did the 5K with DS8 this morning and it was a fun course. However, we did it very slowly (for DS) and I still felt terrible! I don't think I will ever again schedule a race on the last night of a vacation...all the bad food, drinking, and walking around the parks has really taken a toll! Hopefully, we can pull it together by 10 PM!

I did expedition everest on the last night of a week vacation here against my better judgement and feel the same...never again!

mickeysgal said:
They are very huge- my DH and I were able to exchange ours but they were running out of extras to swap.

Which was my issue. They had no snarls left to exchange.

We slept until 11:15 this am. My sure when was the last time I did that!!

If we can't run the race due to medical reasons, how do we get into the Villains party? I know our bid is out ticket but where do we go/ how do we get in? I asked four Run Dismey folks at the expo and everyone said to just show wearing our bid. :confused3 does that mean we still get into our corrals CBS then just step out or something?

If we can't run the race due to medical reasons, how do we get into the Villains party? I know our bid is out ticket but where do we go/ how do we get in? I asked four Run Dismey folks at the expo and everyone said to just show wearing our bid. :confused3 does that mean we still get into our corrals CBS then just step out or something?

The party starts at 10pm so you can go to the turnstiles, I don't think you need to go into any corrals.

Bumping my question...anybody know if the villains will sign at the Bash? Won't haul autograph books if not. Still kicking myself for not checking DS's book last night before we walked away--Jack and Sally forgot to sign it :(. Got DD's tho, and she's a bigger fan. Hope to see Maleficent tonight!!

Wow my nerves are in high gear!! I am ready for it to be tonight! The suspense gets to my anxiety!! Good luck tonight everyone! See ya at the tower!!!

Bumping my question...anybody know if the villains will sign at the Bash? Won't haul autograph books if not. Still kicking myself for not checking DS's book last night before we walked away--Jack and Sally forgot to sign it :(. Got DD's tho, and she's a bigger fan. Hope to see Maleficent tonight!!

On the race course, no autographs. At the after party (if they are out, I don't see why they wouldn't be), I would imagine they will allow the autographs. No on the course cause others are in line and want to get in and out quickly.

Hey guys, I know this is a long shot but I was wondering if anyone knew where to get, or anyone who has an extra Villians Bash party ticket? I had a friend show up last minute and wants to come hang out and we are having trouble finding him a ticket. I am super excited about tonight though, its my first Disney race and my first run longer than a 5K. Good luck to all the other runners tonight!! and Thanks for the help in advance!!

Cripey said:
I did expedition everest on the last night of a week vacation here against my better judgement and feel the same...never again!

I am honestly shocked at how badly I feel! To be perfectly honest, DH and I both discussed just not doing the race....but, we are both too stubborn to skip it!

.................. The lines were very long to check out during the first early hours of the expo being open. How about that downpour!! We got soaked going to the car.

Happy running to all!

Holy moley What a downpour!!!! Of all the days I did not bring a rain poncho, AND! Why the heck did I wear my running sneakers! I bought a frozen lemonade, and sat outside under the awning by the sports grill til it stopped.

... On a cool note, anybody else notice the ink GLOWS IN THE DARK?? I was so impressed by that! Doesn't take much I guess. That made up for the poor fit, in my mind. Lol. It's race day, y'all!! Woo hoo! Dad and I are about to head to the 5k.

Yes! Glows nicely! I wore mine last night to DHS to Fantasmic!

We will be probably one of the latest people there. We are leaving tomorrow at noon and we are about 2 1/2 hours away. Just enough time to get to the expo and check into All Stars Sports get something to eat, relax a bit and head to the race.

WISH meet at the Info booths 8:30PM

I hope to make it to the Wish meet!

Good luck to all in their run! Whether you race it, run it, or walk it, you're miles ahead of those on the couch! :hippie:

jimandami said:
I am honestly shocked at how badly I feel! To be perfectly honest, DH and I both discussed just not doing the race....but, we are both too stubborn to skip it!

Just take it slow and enjoy...you came all this way, you may as well get some cool pictures at least! :)

Cripey said:
Just take it slow and enjoy...you came all this way, you may as well get some cool pictures at least! :)

Funny, DH just said, "Let's just go have fun!". We are typically used to racing everything so this will be a nice change. Good luck everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter