• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official Jan 2018 Thread****

Got my Fast Passes! I was shocked how fast they went.

Monday 1/8
Magic Kingdom Park
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad / 3:15
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train / 4:25
Space Mountain / 6:00

Tuesday 1/9
Epcot
Spaceship Earth / 11:20
Test Track / 1:40
Meet Disney Pals at the Epcot Character Spot / 2:40

Wednesday 1/10
Disney's Hollywood Studios

Star Tours / 11:35
Toy Story Mania! / 1:10

Thursday 1/11
Animal Kingdom

Kilimanjaro Safaris / 9:20
Festival of the Lion King / 10:30
Meet Favorite Disney Pals at Adventurers Outpost / 11:30

I hit my 60 day today! SO EXCITED!

I got all my fastpasses this morning, but they are subject to change after consulting my spouse tomorrow. Usually he's cool with whatever I plan, but I feel the need to do this together.

Sad about Splash :sad: but still have a week to decide on all my FP choices!!

Lots of planning still to do as I'm going for two weeks I have over 42 FP slots to fill :rotfl:

Also I will try to look at the positives of SM being down, Firstly I won't get soaked and Secondly I can use that FP for Splash for Pirates and see "That Scene" (which I am glad they're replacing) for the last time.

Just found this thread! My daughter and I will be staying at All Star Sports January 22-26. Leaving her kids and the hubbys at home! Got our ADR'S set, unless we change up again :D Lunches at Liberty Tree Tavern, 50's Prime Time, and BOG. We got a really early morning breakfast at Boma, which we're both excited to try for the first time. I am really looking forward to spending the time with my girl.

Apologies missed this thread in all the Splash Mountain chit chat - so Yay :cheer2: on your January trip.

so glad your getting some quality time with your DD and super glad you got all your ADR's set. Look like it shaping up to be an amazing trip, so I hope you both have the best time.

I have added your exciting adventure to the roll call :thumbsup2

Just found out a couple days ago that the kids (DD 9, DS 12) and I are headed to Disney the 1/7-1/14/18. My parents are treating us so all I'm having to pay for is our airfare home (we're driving down with mom and dad, but they're staying for two weeks and I don't want the kids to miss that much school). I have no idea where we're staying because my sister is a CM and she's doing all our booking for us (and she's currently at Disneyland for a Marathon), if we do any ADR's, I'm sure it won't be anything super exciting because all the good places are already booked and we won't be able to get any fast passes until we get to the parks because my sister is getting us in so it's all very "fly by the seat of our pants" but it's a week at Disney which beats a week in IL in January no matter what! Especially, considering I wasn't sure when/if we'd be able to go again. It's our first ever trip in January, so I'm sure that'll be interesting (I've been in March and November before, but the kids have only ever been in September).

Last edited:
if we do any ADR's, I'm sure it won't be anything super exciting because all the good places are already booked and we won't be able to get any fast passes until we get to the parks because my sister is getting us in so it's all very "fly by the seat of our pants"

Amazing! How incredible that your parents and sister are able to do this :) As far as ADRs go sometimes you can pick up some great ones about 48-24 hours out as people cancel ADRs to avoid fees.

I would probably be a little anxious winging it :scared: , but I mean for a mostly free vaca it's worth flying by the seat of your pants lol

I just booked my first WDW for Jan 22-Jan 28. It will be mostly my daughter and I. My brother will join us for a portion. We were originally going to take a group non-Disney cruise with a couple of days at Disney but that was canceled. I never wanted to do the cruise, so I was very happy to reallocate the funds to this trip. Even though we were less than 180 days when everything changed, I still was able to get all the ADRs I wanted plus Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique apt for DD.

Last edited:
Told my daughter about her trip. Gave her the Booklet in a nice box with all the details. She was speechless and she's so excited about what I booked so far Polynesian stay, Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridan. I told her the rest of the trip is all on her to plan. Fast Pass selection on Tuesday hopefully I'm able to get everything she wants.

Told my daughter about her trip. Gave her the Booklet in a nice box with all the details. She was speechless and she's so excited about what I booked so far Polynesian stay, Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridan. I told her the rest of the trip is all on her to plan. Fast Pass selection on Tuesday hopefully I'm able to get everything she wants.

How awesome! Sounds so fun to let your daughter plan.

Booked our vacation two weeks ago for Jan 10-14. Booked FP+ yesterday, got almost everything I wanted but had to make choices at EP and HS because of the FP+ tiers. This will be our second trip, the first was 2 years ago and it converted me from Disney Magic Skeptic into a true believer trying to plan trips as often as possible (and to think, I used to scoff and chuckle at my friends "wasting their money" going once or twice every year).

DD doesn't know yet, we're trying to keep the surprise until her birthday or Christmas (2 days apart), problem is that I am HORRIBLE at keeping secrets and surprised, I get too excited. I love planning the trips too, I can't stop talking and thinking about it, every day my wife has to tell me to keep quiet so DD doesn't hear me talking.

How has fastpass been going? My 60 day is coming up. I’m trying to decide if doing them at 9EST is going to be ok, or if I should wake up to do them at 7EST (I’m on the west coast, so that’s very early). We are there 8 days and trying to get FOP on days 4/7

How has fastpass been going? My 60 day is coming up. I’m trying to decide if doing them at 9EST is going to be ok, or if I should wake up to do them at 7EST (I’m on the west coast, so that’s very early). We are there 8 days and trying to get FOP on days 4/7
I don't know about anything at Pandora/AK because I didn't even try but I woke up at 7am EST and all the FP for FEA were gone in the blink of an eye. However, I had no problem getting afternoon FP for MK on our travel/first day.

Anyone interested in sharing an Illuminations Cruise on Monday January 22nd at 8 pm? If we fill the boat (10 people) the cost is $37.20 per person and at this moment, I have room for 7 people.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter