***Official Jan 2018 Thread****

Thank you for the reply! I'm thinking I want the glow in the dark ones but GLITTER!! there are so many it's hard to decide!

I've done their glitter ones in the past and love them. We actually got some glitter ones this year AND the glow in the dark Mickey heads so the best of both :)

I've done their glitter ones in the past and love them. We actually got some glitter ones this year AND the glow in the dark Mickey heads so the best of both :)

I've been eyeing up some glitter mermaid scale ones on etsy. It is probably time I either commit or try to get crafty.

Has anyone gotten the Magic Band skins from Magicyourband.com or any of the other sites? I'm not super crafty so the DIY ideas I've seen on Pinterest are best left alone :upsidedow

I got crafty last year with my Magic Bands using some Disney inspired fingernail polish. Turned out well, but after a few days of taking the band off and on there were visible cracks. So this time I customized a design on magicyourband. Now I just have to wait for my magic band from Disney to arrive.

Well all the crafty people please make sure you post pictures, so I can be envious of all your amazing talent.

Think I'll do what I normally do first night, straight into Epcot Mouse Gears and buy a theme one (actually I'll buy 2 as my son can't wear his, so I'm always double banding).

Then I'm heading to the new tequila bar in Mexico, as after an 9 hour flight, getting through the airport, remember to drive on the other side of the road, getting to the hotel, coping with the 5 hour time difference and a sleep deprived 4 year old, I'm really going to need a drink..

And I do realize I am bringing it on myself, as I could just go to the hotel and go to bed, but I'm in Disney people, I'll sleep on the plane ride home lol

Last edited:
Omigosh that's GENIUS!! I'm totally going to copy your amazing idea :thumbsup2

:)

The first year (or two years maybe) I decorated our own with nail polish and temporary tattoos. They turned out pretty good (but cracked), but ever since I discovered that website we've ordered them instead of having me paint them. The only problem is deciding which ones to buy! With the old magic bands we could mix and match the two sides, not so with the new ones :(

Magic Bands shipped!!! Happy Dance!!!! We are surprising our girls day of; so my excitement has to be contained at home. My husband and I use the code word "Laundry Mat" when we need to talk about WDW in front of the girls. Haha!

:)

The first year (or two years maybe) I decorated our own with nail polish and temporary tattoos. They turned out pretty good (but cracked), but ever since I discovered that website we've ordered them instead of having me paint them. The only problem is deciding which ones to buy! With the old magic bands we could mix and match the two sides, not so with the new ones :(
I'm having that problem too and was wondering how sticky they are. I hate to admit this out loud but I'm considering ordering a few and changing them each day :rolleyes1

Magic Bands arrived yesterday! 24 days until we leave! I realized yesterday that I had never received new DME tags after I changed our trip from March to January, which was weird since I got the ones for the March trip as soon as I put in the DME reservation. I checked the DME reservation that I did for January, and I had put in the wrong reservation number. :rolleyes2 I corrected it now, so hopefully the tags are now on their way!

Four days until I tell DD we are going to Disney! :yo-yo: I am so excited. I wrapped a countdown calendar as one of her gifts.

Oh no!!! I just wrapped our Disney gift this morning and I totally forgot to include a countdown calendar!! :headache:

So my 6 year old daughter last night on our way home says to me "Mom I really want to go to Disney World" Mind you, she has no clue we are going! I asked her where that thought came from and then my 11 year old chimes in "Well she's watched the Holiday special ten thousand times" lol. 6 year old assured me that IF we were going and IF I surprised her she would scream really loud out of happiness.

What in the hey hey? This child is something else. I hope they don't know some how. Maybe it's just a coincidence and since she's watched the special so many times and they surprised the kids in the special she's just thinking of that? These girls better give me my damn moment when I surprise them LMAO!

So anyway 15 days until I tell them and 16 days until we are in DISNEY!

Merry Christmas Eve Eve! I am putting together the Disney box tonight to give them Christmas Day! Good luck to every one who is surprising their kids... I know we have a few on here. Can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter