***Official Jan 2018 Thread****

16 days left, actually can't wait.

Even though it's not going to be hot in FL, it'll be much warmer than it has been here in the UK :D

exactly what I've been thinking, as the weather has just been awful, so even if it's in the high teens (Celsius not Fahrenheit) it will feel like a tropical paradise lol :beach:

exactly what I've been thinking, as the weather has just been awful, so even if it's in the high teens (Celsius not Fahrenheit) it will feel like a tropical paradise lol :beach:
At the moment the forecast is for 3 days of rain out of 7, but it’ll still be nicer than at home :)

You can make your TP request now and they will fax it to the resort. I have never phoned. Make sure to make your room requests on my disney experience also.

Animal Kingdom Lodge is amazing! We stayed there our first trip. You will love it.
How many days prior should I make my Touring Plans room request? Does anyone also phone and speak with a CM? This our first trip so its all new to use. We are staying at AKL in a standard room and I'm hoping to get lucky with partial savanna view.

I’ve heard that at AKL you’re more likely to get a Savannah upgrade if you don’t make any requests. Don’t know how true that is.

We’re also in a standard room, going by the TP map there are very few rooms compared to Pool or Savannah rooms

Last edited:
We had made our room request when we booked. How do we add it - or check it - on MDE?
I made the mistake of letting our TA put the reservation in DH's name, (but I am the one who does all the leg work:crazy:), so MDE hasnt been very cooperative.

It is under your online check-in.

It is going to be -1 at home the day we leave, it really put the 'cool' Florida weather in perspective :cold:

Yikes, that is cold! I imagine that 55 degrees (hopefully warmer!) or whatever it is in Orlando that day will feel a lot better!

I am watching our local forecast closely because for our trip last January Southwest canceled all flights because of a few snow flurries. There was actually zero accumulation. We didn’t want to lose a day of our trip so I rebooked us on another airline that day, but it was an expensive last minute change! I’m taking my chances on SW again this time, just because it’s so much cheaper, but hoping I don’t regret it!

You can make your TP request now and they will fax it to the resort. I have never phoned. Make sure to make your room requests on my disney experience also.

Animal Kingdom Lodge is amazing! We stayed there our first trip. You will love it.
Have you (or anyone who wants to chime in) used TP request / MDE early check in when using Room Only? If I do early check in on MDE, I know I have to have the room paid for ahead, vs. paying when I arrive. Am I wrong that the only way to do early check in is to have it paid in full? Sorry, first time AP so I'm used to having everything done by now, but we've been taking advantage of using Disney gift cards for payment and since we can wait until arrival I was going to apply GC money there. Wow that was a lot more questions than I'd intended...help!

I had to giggle a bit at some of the trip reveals that flopped. Little kids can be so unpredictable. I was nervous because I wasn't sure how DS13 would react but he was beyond exited. He told me he could not wait to get to MK so he and his aunt (my sister) could ride Space Mountain over, and over again.

How many days prior should I make my Touring Plans room request? Does anyone also phone and speak with a CM? This our first trip so its all new to use. We are staying at AKL in a standard room and I'm hoping to get lucky with partial savanna view.

You can make them now.

I was told that MDE room request will override any other requests so I’d skip that part on MDE if you are using TP.

You can make them now.

I was told that MDE room request will override any other requests so I’d skip that part on MDE if you are using TP.

I have also heard this and make sure to not make any selections with online check in.

I have also heard this and make sure to not make any selections with online check in.

Even if the requests are consistent? For example, I requested a third floor room during online check in MDE and then a specific third floor room through TP. Will my room request through TP be disregarded since I made a more general request at online check-in?

8 days until the start of our vacation!!!

Disney Diet Update:

Start Weight - 195
Current Weight - 147
Goal Weight for Disney - (first one was 170, then 150)
Goal Weight - 125

I’m happy that i reached my Disney goal Weight. I started my weight loss journey on June 26, 2017 and have managed to lose 47 lbs in 6 months.

I don’t plan on going food crazy at Disney, but i am going to enjoy what i want.

Anyway, 8 friggin days until vacation starts at 9 days until we step foot into Disney!

I’ll post our surprise reveal update as soon as i tell the girls Jan 7! They seriously have no clue.

My best friend actually lives in a castle (lmao, I’m not joking) and so we have told the girls that we’re spending the night there (they LOVE spending the night there) and we’ll watch a Disney movie like we always do, eat candy and popcorn, paint our nails, and just have a fun girls night! No idea that while yes we are spending the night, early next morning we’re all getting on a plane for a GIRLS TRIP to DISNEY WORLD!

Can y’all tell I’m excited? Lmao

Disney Diet Update:

Start Weight - 195
Current Weight - 147
Goal Weight - 125

I’m happy that i reached my Disney goal Weight. I started my weight loss journey on June 26, 2017 and have managed to lose 47 lbs in 6 months.

I don’t plan on going food crazy at Disney, but i am going to enjoy what i want.

Anyway, 8 friggin days until vacation starts at 9 days until we step foot into Disney!

I’ll post our surprise reveal update as soon as i tell the girls Jan 7! They seriously have no clue.

My best friend actually lives in a castle (lmao, I’m not joking) and so we have told the girls that we’re spending the night there (they LOVE spending the night there) and we’ll watch a Disney movie like we always do, eat candy and popcorn, paint our nails, and just have a fun girls night! No idea that while yes we are spending the night, early next morning we’re all getting on a plane for a GIRLS TRIP to DISNEY WORLD!

Wow, that is really impressive! Congratulations and have an amazing trip!

Have you (or anyone who wants to chime in) used TP request / MDE early check in when using Room Only? If I do early check in on MDE, I know I have to have the room paid for ahead, vs. paying when I arrive. Am I wrong that the only way to do early check in is to have it paid in full? Sorry, first time AP so I'm used to having everything done by now, but we've been taking advantage of using Disney gift cards for payment and since we can wait until arrival I was going to apply GC money there. Wow that was a lot more questions than I'd intended...help!

We don't book packages and TP got us our request in November. Early check in isn't guaranteed no matter how you book, unfortunately.

I'm 19 days away from our January trip! It was planned incredibly last minute by my mom and I as a Christmas gift for our family and a surprise for my little sister. We will be going Jan 18 - 22, primarily for the Magic Kingdom After Hours event. I got to attend back in 2016 while on my College Program, so after hearing all of my stories about it the rest of my family wanted to experience it as well. We are staying at All Star Movies for the first time (we are POP people) so I'm excited to be trying something new!

Even if the requests are consistent? For example, I requested a third floor room during online check in MDE and then a specific third floor room through TP. Will my room request through TP be disregarded since I made a more general request at online check-in?

Honestly i'm not 100% sure. I haven't done both so it may be fine since they are very similar. Usually the online check-in options aren't nearly as specific as a TP request.

Disney Diet Update:

Start Weight - 195
Current Weight - 147
Goal Weight - 125

Congratulations on beating your Disney weight-loss goal! I can't wait to hear how your girls react.

I'm 19 days away from our January trip! It was planned incredibly last minute by my mom and I as a Christmas gift for our family and a surprise for my little sister. We will be going Jan 18 - 22, primarily for the Magic Kingdom After Hours event. I got to attend back in 2016 while on my College Program, so after hearing all of my stories about it the rest of my family wanted to experience it as well. We are staying at All Star Movies for the first time (we are POP people) so I'm excited to be trying something new!

I will be at the after hours on the 19th as well. Maybe i will see you there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter