***Official Jan 2018 Thread****

Finished most of the packing today, 6 more nights to go!

Gahhhhh. I am so jealous of everyone whose trips are so close!!! But tomorrow we can all say we go to Disney this month! :banana:

DH and I said yesterday, why didn't we plan our trip for earlier in January? Lol. We just want to be there now. But it will be awesome to spend DS's 12th birthday at Animal Kingdom.

I’ll be there from Jan 27 - Feb 3 staying at Pop Century. This is my rescheduled trip. I was supposed to go in September but had to cancel due to Irma. I’ve had trouble getting excited for this trip. I think it’s because I’ve done it all before and had the rug pulled out from under me. I’m finally starting to get a little twinge of excitement. I don’t think it’ll really kick in until I’m on the Magical Express. If nothing else I’ll be happy to leave these negative Michigan temperatures for some Florida warmth.

Watching the weather, curious how the potential snow storm will impact the drive down. Always something that keeps me guessing up until the last minute!

DH and the kids went through pins today, made them all even more excited. Today feels so looong, sitting here with a pile of packed luggage just counting the days until we leave. :hourglass

Just check the weather and of course a potential Snow for when we fly out on the 13th :sad2:. Can only pray it's after our early morning flight or the snow is not too bad we get out of the airport. I'm going to be worrying everyday. And I can't change my flight because my bestie is due to have her baby on the 12th and I have have to meet my 1st God son. Smh.

Just check the weather and of course a potential Snow for when we fly out on the 13th :sad2:. Can only pray it's after our early morning flight or the snow is not too bad we get out of the airport. I'm going to be worrying everyday. And I can't change my flight because my bestie is due to have her baby on the 12th and I have have to meet my 1st God son. Smh.

Faith, trust, and pixie dust!

It's easy for me to say, because I'm stressing about the bad weather and a delayed flight too, but just remember that the weather forecast isn't very reliable 13 days out. I'm crossing my fingers that the weather is a non-issue for your flight!

All packed up and ready to roll out in a few days...and of course they NOW decide that the Nor'easter is coming ashore further West than anticipated. Possible heavy snow for the day we are to begin our journey. So now the eternal question...try to get out ahead of it? Or start a day later (which will still get us there in time for check in)?

We are going January 20-27. It will be our first full week on property and we can’t wait! Pins are ready to be traded, clothes are getting sorted and a list of needed essentials is being made. Counting down the days to get away from this horrible cold weather!

Last edited:
We don't book packages and TP got us our request in November. Early check in isn't guaranteed no matter how you book, unfortunately.

I'm sure my questions were pretty poorly worded! Thanks for the input, I luckily don't need early check in since we'll be getting there (fingers crossed anyway) from ME around 3pm (flight arrives at 150pm). Reality as long as my kids get to do the 5pm Animation Academy, they'll be golden :thumbsup2

I think I'm going to put in the request for the specific room and put our allergy cleaning in the requests. That's the main thing, so if MDE overrides TP I'm still covered on that. It can't hurt to ask, and once we're there, we won't care so much what the view is because we can walk around to scope things out!! :D

@Megan Havard Congratulations on #3!! Super exciting! Are you going to take any fun announcement style pictures w/ your family? (even if you don't send out for a while?) Hopefully that's not nosy, those are just always so cute!!

Gahhhhh. I am so jealous of everyone whose trips are so close!!! But tomorrow we can all say we go to Disney this month! :banana:

DH and I said yesterday, why didn't we plan our trip for earlier in January? Lol. We just want to be there now. But it will be awesome to spend DS's 12th birthday at Animal Kingdom.
But then by the time you go I will be jealous and wish I was just starting my vaca all over again lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter