***Official Jan 2018 Thread****

Before & after pics of our Magic Bands! So excited, only 22 more days!!!
Same countdown here! We haven't done our "puck exchange" yet but it was crazy customizing bands because all the kids wanted specific combinations to wear...luckily it worked out and I have an extra band from my October trip lol

I'm being optimistic and have the swimsuits packed. Our daughter has been looking forward to the clown slide at BW. The weather forecast only goes as far as the day before we check in, but that day shows 72 for a high. It has been below freezing for I don't know how many days here, so if the temps hold, 72 will feel like summer.

I'm being optimistic and have the swimsuits packed. Our daughter has been looking forward to the clown slide at BW. The weather forecast only goes as far as the day before we check in, but that day shows 72 for a high. It has been below freezing for I don't know how many days here, so if the temps hold, 72 will feel like summer.

If it’s above 70 we will be swimming! It’s -35 with windchill today. School was canceled due to the temp. It’s supposed to be colder tomorrow

If it’s above 70 we will be swimming! It’s -35 with windchill today. School was canceled due to the temp. It’s supposed to be colder tomorrow
we have those temps too often here (North Dakota) and they RARELY cancel school :( But the upside is we'll be swimming almost no matter what haha 22 days!

My first ever trip is two days away- we arrive on Sunday! I just went to Disneyland for the first time this summer, and well, my expectations for World are high. It was beautiful, so sunny and in the mid 70s. Now I see the weather has turned into more rainy days than not next week at World, and I am severely bummed. Anyone else nervous about the weather next week? Or am I being silly...!

Last edited:
My first ever trip is two days away- we arrive on Sunday! I just went to Disneyland for the first time this summer, and well, my expectations are high. It was beautiful, so sunny and in the mid 70s. Now I see the weather has turned into more rainy days than not next week, and I am severely bummed. Anyone else nervous about the weather next week? Or am I being silly...!

You will have a great time, no matter the weather, but I understand how you feel. We took our first trip to WDW last January after our first trip to DL the summer before. We had really hot weather at DL, but still loved it. Then last January the weather at WDW was perfect — high 70s and sunny every day. When I booked our upcoming January trip, it’s silly to say, but it really didn’t occur to me that the weather might not be warm and sunny. We booked the Poly over the GF because the GF Beach Pool will be closed during our trip and my son loved the pool slide last year. Now it’s looking like there’s a good chance it will be too cold to swim. :(

I’m still 9 days out from arrival so I keep hoping the forecast will improve, but even if it doesn’t, we won’t let weather spoil our trip. We’ll bring clothes for any possible weather and enjoy lower crowds if the weather’s not so good. :banana:

You will have a great time, no matter the weather, but I understand how you feel. We took our first trip to WDW last January after our first trip to DL the summer before. We had really hot weather at DL, but still loved it. Then last January the weather at WDW was perfect — high 70s and sunny every day. When I booked our upcoming January trip, it’s silly to say, but it really didn’t occur to me that the weather might not be warm and sunny. We booked the Poly over the GF because the GF Beach Pool will be closed during our trip and my son loved the pool slide last year. Now it’s looking like there’s a good chance it will be too cold to swim. :(

I’m still 9 days out from arrival so I keep hoping the forecast will improve, but even if it doesn’t, we won’t let weather spoil our trip. We’ll bring clothes for any possible weather and enjoy lower crowds if the weather’s not so good. :banana:

I don't think anyone could have imagined a cold, wet weather anomoly suddenly hitting the south!

I just hope it's scattered rain and not a whole day's worth everyday.

If I was rich, I'd say screw it and re book for another week!

One week to go! It was warmer where I live in Canada on Thursday than it was in Orlando! Ack!
Would really like to see some warmer temps next week!

TP faxed my room request! Now if these weather forecasts could line up in some agreement that would be great!

Only one more sleep! Looked at the weather this morning and I'm a little worried about the rain forecast that came out of nowhere. I keep telling myself that (1) This is not our first trip and (2) no matter what you can never see/do everything at WDW so just go with the flow anyway. Either way, a rainy day at Disney World is better that a dry day in Houston commuting to work. :-)

Only one more sleep! Looked at the weather this morning and I'm a little worried about the rain forecast that came out of nowhere. I keep telling myself that (1) This is not our first trip and (2) no matter what you can never see/do everything at WDW so just go with the flow anyway. Either way, a rainy day at Disney World is better that a dry day in Houston commuting to work. :-)

Good attitude, but I still hope the rain stays far away during your trip. I am fretting over the cold weather forecasted for the following week. 8 days out from our planned pool day and one forecast says 58 degrees and another says 76! I want to believe that 76 degrees is the right one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter