***Official Jan 2018 Thread****

1 week until we board the plane!!! Just pre ordered breakfast @ BOG. I love that my boyfriend’s first activity at MK will be walking through the not-so-crowded Main Street (we have a ppo reservation) and then having breakfast at my favorite restaurant!!

This is a random question, but for those who are there or are already back...how were the misquitos? I had read they were pretty bad following Irma and wasn't sure if that was still the case or if the cold weather had knocked them back a bit.

Trip update(A BIG ONE!):
We landed in Orlando around 7pm, it took quite a while to get off the plane but we finally made it to AKL Jambo around 9. We get to the room and...we got bunk beds. We’re 2 couples, so I went down to the front desk to ask for a 2 queen room. The amazing cast member said they didn’t have any left, so he upgraded us to a 2 bedroom villa at Kidani for free!!! I was blown away. I still am. This is one of the most amazing places I’ve ever been and it’s all because of DISNEY MAGIC!

We will be staying at the Poly from the 16th through the 20th! So excited! If any of you are staying there during that time, feel free to say hi!

We have only gone in Jan. The days are super hot and nights are pretty chilly. The temp may not seem bad but the humidity exaggerates it. We always take ponchos and light jackets or heavy sweatshirts into the parks with us. We also wear jeans all day, even in the heat.

19 days, finally in teens! Just a few more days till I start stalking the weather. I have been the past two January’s and have been very lucky with beautiful weather. Hoping for the same!!

I went out today and bought two vest tops and a Jumper (Sweater) as I'm currently planning for every eventuality lol :thumbsup2

I'm bringing enough stuff to layering as well. I also realized I need to bring a bag for my daughter and I put our coats in while we are traveling to and from the resort so packing that as well. I've never travelled in the winter time by plane so this is a first time for me and my daughter as well so a big experience. Hoping we don't forget something we need. We decided to buy Ponchos at Moana when we get to Poly and forgo umbrella's this time around. It's forecasted to be sunny and mild but you never know with Florida.

Trip update(A BIG ONE!):
We landed in Orlando around 7pm, it took quite a while to get off the plane but we finally made it to AKL Jambo around 9. We get to the room and...we got bunk beds. We’re 2 couples, so I went down to the front desk to ask for a 2 queen room. The amazing cast member said they didn’t have any left, so he upgraded us to a 2 bedroom villa at Kidani for free!!! I was blown away. I still am. This is one of the most amazing places I’ve ever been and it’s all because of DISNEY MAGIC!

So awesome!! Enjoy!!

18 days until we leave, I'm getting nervous about the weather and someone getting sick. Put the stickers our magicbands the other day, they weren't nearly as easy to put on as they were in years past, not sure what's up with that.

IMG_1323.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter