OFFICIAL JULY 2009 THREAD!!! The wait is on!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Everyone:

I'm leaving on Wed and I've started to pack up everything and have noticed that I can't find my waterproof money/id holder thinggy...

I went to a few local stores by me and it seems as though they haven't recieved any of these.. Has anyone purchased one this year and would be able to tell me where I can find one...

Anyone have any idea how much money I need for the toll road? - Do they have booths to stop and pay or just the baskets to toss money in?
I need to know how much change to get.

Anyone have any idea how much money I need for the toll road? - Do they have booths to stop and pay or just the baskets to toss money in?
I need to know how much change to get.

I can't remember how much the tolls are, but they do have booths to stop and pay. It seems like it's a few dollars...

Hey Everyone:

I'm leaving on Wed and I've started to pack up everything and have noticed that I can't find my waterproof money/id holder thinggy...

I went to a few local stores by me and it seems as though they haven't recieved any of these.. Has anyone purchased one this year and would be able to tell me where I can find one...

You might try calling some Swim or Suba shops. They might be the most likely to have something like that. Lois

Hey everybody! Having a great time so far!!

A few notes.

The Contemporary no longer has computers in the room, and there is no wireless internet in the rooms. Only one cable to plug into. My sister spent a while trying ot figure out how to get my laptop to run the internet off of her laptop. I finally called Martydog (our local computer expert friend) and screamed "Help" into the phone. He came right over with a router and 2 cables, and we are both up and running now.

The concierge people don't seem to be as knowledgable as they have in the past. I woke up early yesterday, went out and asked them what time we had to be at Epcot for the dolphin experience, and where were we supposed to go. She said she did not know and they should have told us that when we made the reservation. I just looked at her and said "hmmm, I believe you all made the reservation for us?" Then I appologized and said, "Sorry it is early, I have not had a smoke or a soda yet, but I thought that was what we were paying you to do for us, to know these things." I told her I was going to go have a cigarette, and for her to see if she could figure it out by the time I got back., which she did.

The dolphin experience was great, sorry I don't have a scanner with me or I would scan and post the picture. The only problem we had was with the wheelchair we rented. It did not want to go through the little doorways we had to go through.

Went to Chef Mickey's last night. I brought a white paint pen and got Mickey to sign my cane! Had to rush the waitress a bit after an hour and 45 minutes to please bring us the bill so we could get upstairs to watch the fireworks.

They had the special fireworks last night. They were so awesome from our balcony on the 12th floor. The best part is that we will get to see them again tonight!!

MK had EMH until 2 am last night, so after the fireworks we headed over to the park to catch some rides.

We are a little bit tired today, but did not plan on any parks today anyway. We have a few local friends going to join us tonight to watch the fireworks.

LOL, If you are on the monorail and see a balcony on the 12th floor with a birthday banner going across it, that is our room! My kid showed up yesterday and we gave her some money and sent her to the MK to get us some balloons to decorate the room with. So the room and balcony is all decked out with birthday stuff.

Oh and we got an odd numbered room so our beds face the castle! I love being in bed at night staring out the window, watching the lights on the castle change!

Happy 4th of July everybody!! Did I mention that the fireworks were awesome..........

FlyingPegasus & qruthie 7/2-12/09, CR CL MK view

A few notes.

The Contemporary no longer has computers in the room, and there is no wireless internet in the rooms. Only one cable to plug into. My sister spent a while trying ot figure out how to get my laptop to run the internet off of her laptop. I finally called Martydog (our local computer expert friend) and screamed "Help" into the phone. He came right over with a router and 2 cables, and we are both up and running now.

The concierge people don't seem to be as knowledgable as they have in the past. I woke up early yesterday, went out and asked them what time we had to be at Epcot for the dolphin experience, and where were we supposed to go. She said she did not know and they should have told us that when we made the reservation. I just looked at her and said "hmmm, I believe you all made the reservation for us?" Then I appologized and said, "Sorry it is early, I have not had a smoke or a soda yet, but I thought that was what we were paying you to do for us, to know these things." I told her I was going to go have a cigarette, and for her to see if she could figure it out by the time I got back., which she did.

The dolphin experience was great, sorry I don't have a scanner with me or I would scan and post the picture. The only problem we had was with the wheelchair we rented. It did not want to go through the little doorways we had to go through.

Went to Chef Mickey's last night. I brought a white paint pen and got Mickey to sign my cane! Had to rush the waitress a bit after an hour and 45 minutes to please bring us the bill so we could get upstairs to watch the fireworks.

They had the special fireworks last night. They were so awesome from our balcony on the 12th floor. The best part is that we will get to see them again tonight!!

MK had EMH until 2 am last night, so after the fireworks we headed over to the park to catch some rides.

We are a little bit tired today, but did not plan on any parks today anyway. We have a few local friends going to join us tonight to watch the fireworks.

LOL, If you are on the monorail and see a balcony on the 12th floor with a birthday banner going across it, that is our room! My kid showed up yesterday and we gave her some money and sent her to the MK to get us some balloons to decorate the room with. So the room and balcony is all decked out with birthday stuff.

Oh and we got an odd numbered room so our beds face the castle! I love being in bed at night staring out the window, watching the lights on the castle change!

Happy 4th of July everybody!! Did I mention that the fireworks were awesome..........

Thanks!!

So excited! I'll be at the Contemporary in 2 weeks!!!

How's the contempo cafe?

A few notes.

Thanks for the update!. I hope your hip is feeling better. So your next thing to do is get off the computer and do something Disney. You can post to the thread when you get home. I am very happy however that you are having a good time. Lois

pegasus, Wow thanks for talking to us from Disney. You just turn my excitement knob up to supersonic. :banana::banana::banana::banana:

How are the crowds.

Hope your hip isn't giving you too much trouble.:lovestruc

How cool to be watching the castle out of your room at night.:goodvibes

Have a great time.

A few notes.

Wow your view sounds amazing! I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip!:wizard:

I know some of you have kids who just got out of school in the last couple of weeks. Guess what I did yesterday? Took DD10 and bought her new school clothes, backpack, and lunchbox...school starts for us the first week of August! In fact, we get home from our trip on Sunday, July 26 and my DH (a teacher) goes back to work the next day. *Sigh* So for us, our Disney trip signals the end of summer vacation -- in a very real sense!

Anyway, if you have young DDs and need some cute summer clothes at great prices, Limited Too (now called Justice) is doing a huge sale -- 40% off everything in the store and everything online, including clearance. We bought tons of stuff and got DD10 all outfitted for school....at least until late October/November when it will be time to start wearing long pants/long sleeves.

Picked up a few more pairs of shorts and t-shirts for her to wear to Disney, too. So she is now set.

DD12 and I just hit it the other day! I bought quite a few items for very little. At our Justice, they had a ton of stuff on sale/clearance which made the price even cheaper after the 40% off! :thumbsup2

Happy 4th of July to all of you !! May you ALL catch some pixie dust of your own (that is the cutest story EVER)

just a few more days..a few more days! I can hardly believe it.

Happy 4th of July to you also and to everyone else on our July board!!!! :yay: Be safe!

A few notes.

Glad you are having a good trip.

Are the 12th floor balcony's private?

DD12 and I just hit it the other day! I bought quite a few items for very little. At our Justice, they had a ton of stuff on sale/clearance which made the price even cheaper after the 40% off! :thumbsup2

Gotta love 40% off clearance...what a great way to shop! We got several clearance items...and I love the "Too Bucks" (well, that's what they used to be called)...now, if only they carried Disney character clothing there (other than Hannah Montana!).

Happy 4th of July everyone! I hope you all had a great day! :goodvibes

How were the 4th of July fireworks from your balcony?? That must have been awesome!

Happy 5th of July. Dogs woke me up; darn them. But I am one day closer. Had a migrain from H*** yesterday so we didn't go see any fireworks but Austin got to see them at our capital (Washington DC). How lucky was he. He comes home today and I get to see him tomorrow. Then we leave on Wednesday and I am not even close to being ready.

Well need to go see what I need to do to begin to get ready. Maybe should try to go back to sleep? What the heck I don't have to work so I guess I can sleep when ever I feel like it. Hope everyone stayed safe and had a great Holiday. Lois

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter