***** Official * July 2017 * thread! *****

Ha! I bet my house would be so clean.
It is June, so excited. 26 days until we arrive in Miami Beach. First time in Miami (outside of the airport). Then we'll be heading to BLT on June 30th - first time staying there. I've wanted to stay there since I saw it being built! going to place my grocery order today :D

We arrive on the 30th as well. We ordered from Garden Grocer last time and loved it but we are driving this time

Just saw this thread, and have to join the fun! We are going from July 3-July 9. We are a family of 7, with 5 kids between the ages of 10-14. We were blessed to go four years in a row between 2010-2013, but we haven't been back since. Frankly, I have no idea how we were able to afford it then. So, to go back this year, and make it more affordable, we are staying offsite this year for the first time. We've always gone in summer since my wife and I are teachers, so we're kind of used to the heat and afternoon showers of Disney in summer. We always have enjoyed the Disney transportation, so driving to the parks will be a different experience. We've never been with FP+, so that will be a new experience. 2 days away from making them, and it will be interesting to see what it out there, especially for the newer rides.

I have not. My last trip was in March and it had not started yet. I've read its all orchestral music and not the traditional songs we hear in the movies, but I am still excited. I watched a 20 minute preview and the integration of scenes, characters, and scores looked really nice!

Anyone in this group going to Universal as well?

Not this time around, as we're going with extended family. Last July we did one day over there at the beginning of our trip. We were reluctant to leave Disney property, but we had an amazing day.

I had planned for 2 days at Universal, one for each park..easy! Then I saw the Today show at Volcano Bay and suddenly I'm the proud owner of 3 park/2 day tickets, for the small fee of $1500! Oy! Now I'm trying to decide if we do an early morning at VB, or plan on evenings...I know it's been just crazy over there! Anyone else headed to VB? Thankfully we are staying onsite with early entry! So much for the "laid back portion" of the trip :)

Last edited:
I had planned for 2 days at Universal, one for each park..easy! Then I saw the Today show at Volcano Bay and suddenly I'm the proud owner of 3 park/2 day tickets, for the small fee of $1500! Oy! Now I'm trying to decide if we do an early morning at VB, or plan on evenings...I know it's been just crazy over there! Anyone else headed to VB? Thankfully we are staying onsite with early entry! So much for the "laid back portion" of the trip :)
We were thinking about going but decided against it b/c it just opened. Maybe next year.

We were originally going to try Universal & Volcano Bay only this summer, but changed plans to go to a quick Disney Trip in July, and a longer trip to Universal in November. Hoping for one or two days warm enough to try out VB. I'm thinking the hype will have died down by then & November is definitely not peak waterpark season lol so should be less crowded.

Universal looks really cool but my youngest is a little too young to enjoy it. Maybe in a couple of years.

Anyone in this group going to Universal as well?

We are starting our trip at Universal, staying at PB. We are only doing 1 day park to park this trip, just hitting our favs. DS5 is more excited for Universal/IOA than Disney o_O He can't wait for the Spiderman ride...

We aren't doing any waterparks, which is fine since we will be at the Wisconsin Dells in 3 weeks, so plenty of waterpark time then.

We did 2 days at Universal in November and, although we had a great time, probably won't go back for a few years. We just love the Disney koolaid ;)
I went to US and IOA for the first time in early March. One day, park-to-park tickets. Open and closed US! The crowds were pretty minimal on a Wednesday before spring breakers arrived. I had a very nice time fitting in all the attractions I wanted and loved how compact it was that I could walk back and forth at my leisure, but I have also consumed the "Disney Koolaid." I missed my FP+, MB, and the overall feel of being in that Disney bubble. I have never seen a theme park run as efficiently as a Disney Park. Its like a fine-tuned machine. Not sure when I will return as I have a Disney AP lol

Hi, I don't post very often on the message boards but I thought I would add that we are heading to Saratoga Springs Resort for what week starting July 9th. Usually stay st Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort timeshare but found a good deal for SSR. :-)

WDW_Paul

Apparently I get to order my BOG lunch today! Any recommendations? 2 adults, 2 kids who will eat anything and one kid who is picky!

Apparently I get to order my BOG lunch today! Any recommendations? 2 adults, 2 kids who will eat anything and one kid who is picky!
I really enjoyed the nicoise salad, one daughter liked the roast beef sandwich and the picky son liked the croque monsieur - really it is just a grilled ham & cheese!

French onion soup 100%!

The turkey and roast beef sandwiches are no longer warm if that affects your decision making.

The cupcakes are also delicious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter