Official July 2018 Thread!

We were there 7/18 and were walked to Toy Story land at 6:30. It was definitely worth getting up early and doing.
Same for us on 7/16. We had to get up crazy early and walk from BWI(no boat or bus). We were walked back to TSLand. We only rode SDD and then we split up. My daughters and I went and rode RNR and ToT several times while my DH and DS did TSMM and star tours a few times and this was before using our FPs! It was well worth it to me.
In general, the only time we saw backed up FP lines was after a ride had been down for awhile.

Anyone else getting worried about their flights? The weather across the eastern part of the country is not good :/ the flight I am taking Friday has been delayed EVERY DAY since July 15th due to Tstorms either at MCO or in NJ.

Let's hope for hassle-free travels this week! 3 Days to go.

I'm flying in tomorrow - same thoughts on flights... but we had horrible delays and lost an entire day of our Disneyland vacation two weeks ago, so I'm really hoping I've already served my time! I don't care about delays coming home, just get me there!

We leave tomorrow at 4:30 am to catch a plane for our first ever trip to Disney World! This is very first world problems of me to complain about but getting up at 3:30 am to take a shower and get the family ready doesn’t sound like fun. I am very much regretting taking the early flight.

My favorites - BTMRR, 7D, people mover, Splash, Peter Pan. I would get some yummy snacks and relax.
If it’s at night I would maybe even end up at Tambu Lounge at the end of the night to get some bread pudding.

Hello DDluvsdisney

Do you remember us?? RHMH July Disney goers!!! Nice to see you on Dis again...

Bob

Last edited:
And our connecting flight is cancelled. Of course. Getting in at 7:30pm... missing the HEA dessert paetp but at least we're still going!

We got in on Sunday. Had a great first two nights at Coronado and moved over to BCV yesterday. We tried to rope drop SDD this morning, but it was not to be. We started the walk to DHS at 5:55, got there around 6:15, they let us into the internal RD at 6:27...and then we stood there. The CMs seemed to think they would still be letting us into TSL around 6:30,but we ended up standing there until 6:56. It was very humid and being in a tight crowd like that for that long was miserable. Apparently SDD was down and they were trying to get it back up by 7:00,but still didn’t have it ready. Regardless, we enjoyed seeing TSL and rode AS2 and TSM with no wait. We left the land around 7:40 and SDD still wasn’t up. It’s not a huge deal, as we have fastpasses for slinky tomorrow. I just hate that we got up that early for no reason.

We arrived at the Polynesian last night around 7:30 after a very difficult drive down from CT. Picture the Griswold family in the movie, Vacation. Absolute disaster involving our luggage that careened off of our roof rack; a box truck that ran over it and dragged our main suitcase with sparks flying and nearly bursting into flames; a car chase to get the suitcase; many of our belongings destroyed; the state police...

A lovely pharmacist at CVS got us our medications after pulling strings and doing cartwheels for the insurance company. We are alive and grateful that it wasn’t worse. Things can be replaced.

Today has been wonderful. My daughter bought us Disney champagne flutes to replace the custom made Lenox crystal flutes that were for our vow renewal but were run over on the highway. We are bouncing back and even beginning to laugh. The Polynesian is truly paradise.

OMG! So glad y’all are ok and hope you’re having a better trip than you did a drive down!

And our connecting flight is cancelled. Of course. Getting in at 7:30pm... missing the HEA dessert paetp but at least we're still going!
Oh no, I'm so sorry! Happy you are there now though!

I got crazy and switched to an earlier flight bc I saw thunderstorms in the afternoon forecast. Hopefully, it all works out. Can't wait to be back home :)

Oh no, I'm so sorry! Happy you are there now though!

I got crazy and switched to an earlier flight bc I saw thunderstorms in the afternoon forecast. Hopefully, it all works out. Can't wait to be back home :)
Hope all goes well. Our flight is at 6am tomorrow. Sounded like a great idea when I booked it, but not so much anymore while I still continue to pack at almost 10 pm!

Hope all goes well. Our flight is at 6am tomorrow. Sounded like a great idea when I booked it, but not so much anymore while I still continue to pack at almost 10 pm!
Ouch lol but it will all be WORTH it when you are there! We just finished up now at 11:30...to bed we go finally :)

It might work out. We had an early flight at 6am on our first trip & that turned out to be our best day of that trip.

We got in on Sunday. Had a great first two nights at Coronado and moved over to BCV yesterday. We tried to rope drop SDD this morning, but it was not to be. We started the walk to DHS at 5:55, got there around 6:15, they let us into the internal RD at 6:27...and then we stood there. The CMs seemed to think they would still be letting us into TSL around 6:30,but we ended up standing there until 6:56. It was very humid and being in a tight crowd like that for that long was miserable. Apparently SDD was down and they were trying to get it back up by 7:00,but still didn’t have it ready. Regardless, we enjoyed seeing TSL and rode AS2 and TSM with no wait. We left the land around 7:40 and SDD still wasn’t up. It’s not a huge deal, as we have fastpasses for slinky tomorrow. I just hate that we got up that early for no reason.

OMG! So glad y’all are ok and hope you’re having a better trip than you did a drive down!
Our vacation was perfect and we had no issues driving home except for our leftover anxiety from the drive down. We will not be driving all the way to Florida from CT again. It was just too traumatic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter