****Official July 2021 Thread****

Twenty until I leave for me, 22 until we're walking through International Gateway!!

I started packing on Wednesday - just the things I won't need before we leave (trip specific shirts, toiletries, etc.). I figure as I do laundry/pull things out the smartest thing to do would be to put them into packing cubes. Since we're driving and I'm using a duffle bag instead of a suitcase I'm doing a little bit of packing at a time - don't want to pull the duffle bag out until I 100% need it (so the cats don't go to sleep in it lol)

Twenty until I leave for me, 22 until we're walking through International Gateway!!

I started packing on Wednesday - just the things I won't need before we leave (trip specific shirts, toiletries, etc.). I figure as I do laundry/pull things out the smartest thing to do would be to put them into packing cubes. Since we're driving and I'm using a duffle bag instead of a suitcase I'm doing a little bit of packing at a time - don't want to pull the duffle bag out until I 100% need it (so the cats don't go to sleep in it lol)
I usually don't start packing until about 2 or 3 days before we leave, but this time I'm making an exception. We're DVC and I've got an Owner's Locker, already filled with all the comforts of home (electric wine bottle opener, coffee grinder, dishes and silverware since we're studio folks and don't want to eat off paper plates like animals!!! :stitch:). But this trip I'm adding trays for F&W, tupperware to hold leftovers from F&W, more cooling towels, collapsible storage cubes, and refillable water bottles, to name a few items. PLUS I'm bringing the pantry items I can't justify paying to have delivered (Cheez-Its, Pringles).

It's getting ridiculous.

So because I started (rightfully so) getting concerned about the available room in my carry-on suitcase (not to be confused with Big Bertha, my checked suitcase), I packed it. And... the park bag I usually pack in said carry-on is now going to BE a carry-on. For all the crap that doesn't fit.

Yes, everyone, I AM, apparently, moving to Disney. :darth:

I used to be you now I am hesitant to pack with a week to go or I'll pack too much.

I usually don't start packing until about 2 or 3 days before we leave, but this time I'm making an exception. We're DVC and I've got an Owner's Locker, already filled with all the comforts of home (electric wine bottle opener, coffee grinder, dishes and silverware since we're studio folks and don't want to eat off paper plates like animals!!! :stitch:). But this trip I'm adding trays for F&W, tupperware to hold leftovers from F&W, more cooling towels, collapsible storage cubes, and refillable water bottles, to name a few items. PLUS I'm bringing the pantry items I can't bring myself to pay to have delivered (Cheez-Its, Pringles).

It's getting ridiculous.

So because I started (rightfully so) getting concerned about the available room in my carry on suitcase (not to be confused with Big Bertha, my checked suitcase), I packed it. And... the park bag I usually pack in said carry-on is now going to BE a carry-on. For all the crap that doesn't fit.

Yes, everyone, I AM, apparently, moving to Disney. :darth:
I've set aside a drawer to hold things for my new third Owner's Locker but I don't consider it packing until it goes into a suitcase/pack of some kind. Maybe on Sunday - I leave on Friday very early and my DH might need to squeeze surgery in before he leaves in 13 days.

I used to be you now I am hesitant to pack with a week to go or I'll pack too much.

I try to pack as I do laundry once I get closer so that I can figure out what I'm missing before the day before we leave lol (I live adjacent to the middle of nowhere so running to the store includes a 45 minute-ish drive to most stores that sell more than groceries :rotfl: )

93% packed. Leaving super early on Friday. Doubtful I will survive the workweek or Monday without dying of boredom or impatience.
Right there with you Monday is finished
3 more work days to go
Packed this past weekend doing last minute :laundy: on Friday
We leave Saturday for the airport at 4:00 am :scared: for a 7:00am flight

3 more work days to go
Leaving 6:00 a.m. (so 4:00, too) on Friday. Work is just about done but I don't have any tasks for this evening. Even laundry is caught up. I am hiring a cleaning company to clean the day my husband leaves ( a week later) and the dog sitter arrives.

CP is back right? Does anyone know if they've started work yet or are they still training?

Hearing reports of Casey's opening 6/30. Still crossing all my fingers and toes for extended AK hours.

3 more work days to go
I wish I could say I was packed. Lol...I have everything still kind of in "staging areas" We check in Friday but we are leaving on Wednesday night because we're driving.

27 days till we leave. July 27- Aug 1. Staying at the Swan. Cannot wait! Building my first Lightsaber st Savi's.
Welcome aboard!!! My son and his buddy have a reservation for lightsabers, too, and I'm starting to wonder if I'm going to regret not having made that reservation for three people... :oops:

Welcome aboard!!! My son and his buddy have a reservation for lightsabers, too, and I'm starting to wonder if I'm going to regret not having made that reservation for three people... :oops:
Yeah my youngest daughter and I are building . Wife and oldest daughter are watching.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter