****Official July 2021 Thread****

Currently on the plane. I see the storm was upgraded to a hurricane. Just my luck. First trip in 16 months lol maybe I’ll get one Sunny day next week? Lol

I have hope. I have hope. Honestly I’m just happy to be going cause of the pandemic stress. I’ll deal with the storm at Disney :)

The lord didn’t bless me with fast pass so he was like “ here’s some rain to lessen the crowds as a back up “

Working on convincing our guests they ay wish to change their flight plans and join me earlier before Elsa does her thing.
Working under the wooden picnic shelter at Turtle Pond today as my office until my room is ready. Sky is threatening rain.

Our first trip to Disney starts Sunday but it looks like it may be our first hurricane/tropical storm experience. I'm obsessed with the weather right now. Guess it's just part of what it is to travel to Florida in the summer....Really hoping something changes and we get at least 1-2 days out of the 4 that were are in the parks.

Can anyone share a good source for FL weather, preferably someone I could follow on Facebook? An app would be nice too.

As much as I love the packing process for Disney, I've been absolutely swamped at work and haven't had any time for it. At a little over 2 weeks out, I normally have a decent pile going on the guest bed! I just have felt stressed out and exhausted instead of excited. Finally got a Target run in this morning for supplies and am starting to feel the excitement creeping back in!

Can anyone share a good source for FL weather, preferably someone I could follow on Facebook? An app would be nice too.

As much as I love the packing process for Disney, I've been absolutely swamped at work and haven't had any time for it. At a little over 2 weeks out, I normally have a decent pile going on the guest bed! I just have felt stressed out and exhausted instead of excited. Finally got a Target run in this morning for supplies and am starting to feel the excitement creeping back in!
Weather Underground and Storm Tracker Apps are the best ! we head down tomorrow have had several trips with Trop Storms it make the parks pretty empty, We just had one here in SC a few weeks ago

Weather Underground and Storm Tracker Apps are the best ! we head down tomorrow have had several trips with Trop Storms it make the parks pretty empty, We just had one here in SC a few weeks ago
Us too arriving tomorrow morning at 9:20am
Hoping for a couple days of sunshine :flower3:
Have a great trip pixiedust:

https://www.facebook.com/denisphillipsweatherman
The best of the best. He will make you know what’s going on. Read his posts. You’ll love him

I am suppose to arrive next Friday. I am hoping that IF it does hit Florida things will be all clear by next Friday/ weekend. But sending positive energy and prayers for those traveling now and over the next few days. I hope you all's trip isn't impacted or rained out.

Last edited:
Supposed to arrive Monday. I’m trying to stay as positive as possible. I can handle a storm. I just want to know my flight won’t be impacted.

E5UdmxlXEAURU8u

I think Monday arrivals are fine. Shifting slight west. Let’s keep pushing it west

Supposed to arrive Monday. I’m trying to stay as positive as possible. I can handle a storm. I just want to know my flight won’t be impacted.
Yes, let’s push it west. We are flying StL to MCO due to arrive at 2pm on Wednesday. I am very concerned we will be diverted Elsawhere (do you see what I did there?) Adventure awaits!

We are staying at Saratoga Springs July 26-31. Rescheduled from last summer.
We are actually flying to FL on 7/22 to stay with my parents first; I haven’t seen them in 2 years due to the Pandemic, so it’s a special trip.

I have gone from really excited to fearing the worst about crowds for our trip next week. Was excited when they were doing the significantly early entry with ride access before park open. Then within the last week or so, it has gone back to more normal rope drop procedures at at least 3 of the 4 parks. I figured that was in anticipation of likely starting the new early entry for resort guests on or about July 1st. But today’s release that this will begin on October 1st, and the photos of the barricades being put in place to manage entry crowds this coming week at the MK, and I am now seeing myself in a NYE type of crowd on Sunday for the 4th but without the normal super long summer hours and FP+
I’m also worried that if we take our midday break back at the hotel on Sunday, that we won’t be able to get back in during the late afternoon because of all the Park Hoppers that will stream in after 2:00, rendering our Park Pass reservation mostly useless.
Somebody talk me down from the ledge.
Okay, first of all know that you are NOT alone in your anxiety; personally, I go through spates when I am right there with you.

Second, no, you will NOT be in NYE crowds on the 4th. Although there's no question capacity is significantly greater than it was this past winter, it ain't at 100% yet. POR, POFQ and 2/3rds of the All Stars still aren't open, and while that doesn't represent a large number of people, it is representative of the fact that Disney isn't ready to handle a 100% crowd yet. That said, is it going to be crowded? Yes, it is. And they'll be packed in for the fireworks. But having a plan and being prepared will take you a LONG way.

Third, my understanding is (and someone correct me if I'm wrong), if your original park reservation was for the park to which you're returning after a break, you WILL be let in. And I have yet to hear or read about anyone being turned away on a hopper, either.

It's going to be okay. You're going to have a great time and you'll be at Disney. :love:
Leaving tomorow instead of Friday. I couldn't wait. :cloud9::tiptoe::jumping1::rotfl::cool1::goodvibes
If I could go early, I'd be there right now. :dance3:
I am so late to this party! Why? We literally just booked this trip Right now!

My hubs called and said “hey they have a room at Riviera 7/2-5. Should we go?“

me: Ummm…why not 😬

airfare ✅
dog sitter ✅
airport transfers ✅

We were just there last month and had a fabulous trip so we literally plan to sit by the pool, explore and you bet I will be seeing Happily Ever After and the new Epcot Fireworks!!

I kind of like the 30 hour Countdown! Since 2007 we have only stayed at the Poly so this will be new adventure!
Last minute arrivals are always welcome! How's the trip going so far? :welcome:
Thanks for the tips! I was looking at The Weather Channel a few minutes ago, and (speaking as a Houston resident who is familiar with this kind of weather), Elsa doesn't look too bad as hurricanes go. Moving pretty quickly, winds aren't that high, rain could definitely be WAAAAY worse. I'm not for an instant suggesting it won't impact our group who are there already or are flying in and out, but it's not going to shut down the parks (outdoor rides yes, entire park, no). The temps are actually going to be a bit cooler as a result, too.

Bring your ponchos, backup plans and positive attitudes, and stay weather aware everyone. :love::umbrella::love:
We are staying at Saratoga Springs July 26-31. Rescheduled from last summer.
We are actually flying to FL on 7/22 to stay with my parents first; I haven’t seen them in 2 years due to the Pandemic, so it’s a special trip.
:welcome: Hard to decide which part of that trip will be more magical. :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter