*** Official July 2022 Thread ***

Cynner

DIS Veteran
Thread for those of us planning a trip in July 2022!!!
Hopefully all of this crap will be past us and we can enjoy the scorching hot heat of Florida in July without masks!

Sound off! When are you going in July 2022 and where will you be staying??

1628007085633.png

Post for Roll Call!
Check inCheck outUser NameLocation(s)
6/29/20227/10/2022diskids2YC
6/29/20227/13/2022cwaltjenSara
7/1/20227/10/2022patclairesmomPOR
7/2/20227/5/2022kylenneTBD
7/2/20227/9/2022BabynotyodaASMu
7/2/20227/5/2022IanDLBZFWL
7/3/20227/17/2022CynnerCR, BWV, AirBNB
7/6/20227/12/2022Ss77BWI
7/8/20227/12/2022Sandiz08VGF
7/9/20227/12/2022Disneygirl#8POFQ
7/9/20227/17/2022kstruchenPoly
7/9/20227/16/2022snowwiteRental House
7/9/20227/14/2022TISHLOVESDISNEYBCF/BLT
7/10/20227/22/2022KSLBWV, BLT
7/10/20227/18/2022hauntedcityPoly
7/10/20227/15/2022DisneyMom0604Swan/SV
7/11/20227/17/2022emma212010CBR
7/12/20227/19/2022catsinawindowCBR
7/14/20227/21/2022cocobotRiviera
7/16/20227/23/2022Disneygirl#8ASMusic
7/16/20227/23/2022Disneygirl#8AS Sports
7/17/20227/21/2022CodegoalieVGF
7/17/20227/22/2022RustysmomBWI
7/18/20227/22/2022Haygar2OKW
7/19/20228/3/2022DuchessandBerilozSS/AKL/CR/BCR
7/19/20227/26/2022debjk4POR
7/20/20227/28/2022isabelleaSD
7/23/20227/30/2022nana1765Riviera
7/23/20227/25/2022JFoxGS
7/23/20227/28/2022donaldanddaisyPoly
7/23/20227/30/2022nana1765Riviera
7/23/20227/29/2022JBelle19WL
7/25/20228/1/2022StephaniePVGF/BWI
7/28/20227/30/2022StefneSS

Last edited:
Construction Updates/Opening dates:

In Place/Open:
4th of July Special Fireworks - July 3 & 4 at MK, July 4 at Epcot!!

All: 50th Anniversary Celebration
All: Genie+/Lightning Lane Pass
MK: Enchantment
MK: Jungle Cruise Update
MK: Festival of Fantasy Parade
Epcot: Harmonious
Epcot: Space 220 Table Service Restaurant
Epcot: Club Cool
Epcot: Creations Shop
Epcot: Remy's Ratatouille Adventure
Epcot: La Creperie de Paris Quick Service Restaurant
Epcot: Regal Eagle's Smokehouse Quick Service Restaurant
Epcot: Awesome Planet @ Land Pavilion
Epcot: Beauty & the Beast Sing-a-Long @ France
Epcot: Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind
Epcot: Connections Cafe
AK: KiteTails -
AK: Festival of the Lion King – Full show returns July 16 (No show July 5-15, 2022)
AK: Finding Nemo: The Musical
HS: Star Wars Launch Bay - Display Section (Still awaiting on Character Meet & Greet news)
Park Reservations
Parking Trams in MK
Food & Wine Festival (Starts July 14)

Boatwright's Dining Hall (Port Orleans)
Flying Fish (Boardwalk)
Jiko- The Cooking Place (Animal Kingdom Lodge)
Story Book Dining at Artist Point (Wilderness Lodge)
Turf Club Bar & Grill (Saratoga Springs)

Resort: Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser

Minnie Vans - Scheduled return June 29
Parking Trams in AK, EP & HS

Citricos - Open 7 days a week
Victoria & Alberts re-opening July 28 - ADRs open on June 20.
Typhoon Lagoon Water Park & H20 Glow After Hours at Typhoon Lagoon - Saturdays from 8p to 11p
Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Review - Shows back on June 23
Full Character Meet & Greets

Gone Forever:
Magical Express
Rivers of Light
Primeval Whirl
Spirit of Aloha (Polynesian Dinner Show)
ESPN Club (Boardwalk)

Scheduled before July 2022:
Full Character Meet & Greets (Starting April 18)
Akershus Royal Dining Hall (Assumed to be opening as part of Character Dining Return)
1900 Park Fare (Assumed to be opening as part of Character Dining Return)
Enchanted Tales w/ Belle

Possible by July 2022:
Magic Bands+
All: Annual Passes
Disney Dining Plan
Tables in Wonderland
Park Hopping before 2pm
HS: Roundup Rodeo BBQ Table Service Restaurant
Epcot: Circle-Vision 360 Film @ Canada - Closing June 27; possible update back for Food & Wine
Star Wars: Galactic Spectacular
Victoria & Albert's (Later in 2022)
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
MK: TRON Lightcycle Run Roller Coaster
MK: WDW Railroad Re-open
Epcot: Play Pavilion
Epcot: Moana: Journey of Water
Epcot: DuckTales World Showcase Adventure (replacing Phineas & Ferb)
Fantasmic
Blizzard Beach
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Jedi Training Academy

Unlikely by July 2022:
MK: Splash Mountain re-imaging to Princess and the Frog
Epcot: Spaceship Earth Update
The Kiss Goodnight MK
Cake Bake Shop (New Boardwalk Restaurant - 2023)

Closed/Unavailable July 2022:
Festival of the Lion King – Closed July 5-15, 2022
Disney Cultural Representatives (Beginning in August)
Narcoossee's - closed June 18 for reimagining as an 'enhanced dining experience'

July Hotel Refurbishments:
All Star Sports Re-imagining - Slowed down; no rooms refurbed yet
Grand Floridian refurb in Big Pine Key building- until mid-2023
Wilderness Lodge Boulder Ridge Villas refurbishment (tbd)
Art of Animation - Building exteriors
Boardwalk Inn - Some reports of construction noise around lobby
Caribbean Beach - Pirate Rooms unavailable
Polynesian - New DVC Tower being constructed

Last edited:
July 2022 Events & News Placeholder:

Known Extended Hours dates - https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/extended-evening/:

Monday, July 4EPCOT9:00 PM to 11:00 PM
Wednesday, July 6Magic Kingdom park11:00 PM to 1:00 AM
Monday, July 11EPCOT9:00 PM to 11:00 PM
Wednesday, July 13Magic Kingdom park11:00 PM to 1:00 AM
Monday, July 18EPCOT9:00 PM to 11:00 PM
Wednesday, July 20Magic Kingdom park11:00 PM to 1:00 AM
Monday, July 25EPCOT9:00 PM to 11:00 PM
Wednesday, July 27Magic Kingdom park11:00 PM to 1:00 AM

Link to full WDW Official Calendar to check updates to times/schedule: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/calendars/month/2022-07-01/

Last edited:

We are currently booked for July 20 - 30 at Caribbean Beach Resort in a water view room. So looking forward to a trip with hopefully a lot more normalcy. We last went masked up and Fastpassless in November 2020. It will be me, my husband, 2 boys (18 & 14) and my mom.

Hello! I'll join! We just booked the first half of what will (hopefully; fingers crossed!) be a split stay this morning. Here are details of what we have booked, and I will post again when the second half is booked so it can be updated:
KSL - BWV - July 10-16, 2002

Hello! I'll join! We just booked the first half of what will (hopefully; fingers crossed!) be a split stay this morning. Here are details of what we have booked, and I will post again when the second half is booked so it can be updated:
KSL - BWV - July 10-16, 2002
Got you! You'll be checking into BWV when we're checking out :/

Darn on checking in when you're checking out! Maybe we'll get your room :D

When are y'all planning to get tickets and make park reservations? How far ahead do you think? We're also considering buying APs when they are offered again, but unsure bc two of my girls may not be able to come for the whole trip (so then AP not worth it). This is about the only thing I can obsess over, this far out, LOL.

Darn on checking in when you're checking out! Maybe we'll get your room :D

When are y'all planning to get tickets and make park reservations? How far ahead do you think? We're also considering buying APs when they are offered again, but unsure bc two of my girls may not be able to come for the whole trip (so then AP not worth it). This is about the only thing I can obsess over, this far out, LOL.
We are definitely getting APs for activation for this trip. We have our first couple day reservations in for the Contemporary Theme Park view for July 3-6, and back up reservations at Port Orleans while we try to get BWV rooms for July 6-10. Then I have an AirBNB from July 10-17 (7 bedroom house!) and are having the family come and stay. So soon as they offer APs we'll get a non-activated certificate and link it to the account so I can get the park reservations and possible AP discounts etc.

My main problem is that we are bringing my son's girlfriend ... and I can't be sure they will still be together come July :/ So I think if I buy a 4th AP (Yes, that's right) it's not really associated with a person until it's activated so I can use it some other year or for someone else.

As for when to make park reservations - Christmas and New years are ALREADY booked for 12/25 & 12/31 this year, and that's 5 months out. So I think 6 months out would be safe for us - I'll be there the 4th, so little worried about that. And I do think the whole 'Revenge Travel' thing is going to surge again next summer since this summer really didn't deliver.

Last edited:
Hi all! We've booked our first family vacation to Disney World July 12-19, 2022. Staying at Caribbean Beach in a Standard 5th Sleeper. Booked for 5 park days (arrival & departure are travel only as we'll be flying in/out) and planning a rest day for the middle of our trip, although we're considering adding a 6th park day just so we can have two shots at RoTR boarding passes!

Our kids will be 11 (boy), 8, and 2 (girls) on the trip. It'll be the first time to Disney for all of them! DH and I were at Disney as kids 25+ years ago, so I'm sure a lot has changed since we were there too! Really hoping fast passes are back by the time we take our trip. We can't wait!

Just made reservation for the second-half of our trip (split stay), so now our dates are July 10-22 at BWV & BLT. These are our home resorts and every time we go we think maybe we'll try to switch resorts at the 7 month mark, but we just love these resorts and their locations, so we always end up sticking with what we have. I know July is not a popular time for DVCers to book but still feeling very lucky to have gotten standard view at both resorts (saves so many points). With my girls at three different schools and DH teaching at a fourth, going in the summer is really our only option, and even so we're crossing fingers that jobs and internships will be flexible so that the girls can join for most of the trip. Now to keep eyes out for APs to be offered again!

Just made reservation for the second-half of our trip (split stay), so now our dates are July 10-22 at BWV & BLT. These are our home resorts and every time we go we think maybe we'll try to switch resorts at the 7 month mark, but we just love these resorts and their locations, so we always end up sticking with what we have. I know July is not a popular time for DVCers to book but still feeling very lucky to have gotten standard view at both resorts (saves so many points). With my girls at three different schools and DH teaching at a fourth, going in the summer is really our only option, and even so we're crossing fingers that jobs and internships will be flexible so that the girls can join for most of the trip. Now to keep eyes out for APs to be offered again!
Updated! :) I totally understand - two of my favorites too! Though I love Poly and AK for theme - the conveniences of Contemp and Boardwalk are super hard to beat! Now that the clown is gone, Boardwalk is my favorite resort.
I also understand the summer travel - I'd normally never go to Florida in the summer (Ugh!), but our son will be in 11th grade and we cannot afford to just pull him from school the way we used to. Not only will he fall behind - but the school system is super hard about it. They give us 5 days a year for 'family vacations', and we'll use that in October for a Halloween trip with a bunch of friends. That's why we plan to activate our AP (cross fingers) for this trip in July 2022, and then do another 2 week in June 2023 to take advantage of the summers on both ends of the AP.

We're going full club level at the Contemporary for July 4 & 5 so we can watch the fireworks and avoid the mad press of the crowds. I've never been there for the 4th itself, so that's exciting!
We're not actual DVC owners, we just rent points, and are still hoping someone with Boardwalk points offers them up soon :) Otherwise, our back up resort for that portion (July 6-10) is Port Orleans French Quarter.

We are going to be doing a split stay. We have VGF booked for July 8-12. Still trying to decide on doing Fourth of July or the week after for the other four days. So it’s between fireworks or the possible early start of food and wine. Will let you know when the rest is booked!

Last edited:
So we found out our school district isn't going to start school as early next year as they usually do so we have modified our trip dates to 7/27/22 - 8/6/22. Hotel is still the same 😀.

We booked our flights last night! July 9-23!! Not sure where we're staying yet, I'm starting to stalk Priceline and Hotwire even though it's early. ;) Please share when you find any deals through either!

Still waiting for our DVC Rental to come through - someone sell their Boardwalk points! :P
We are hoping to get a 1 bdrm now, teenagers want to have some privacy, but don't care if they're on a sofa bed - but hoping they do that Murphy bed softgoods upgrade at Boardwalk before we get there.

We booked our flights last night! July 9-23!! Not sure where we're staying yet, I'm starting to stalk Priceline and Hotwire even though it's early. ;) Please share when you find any deals through either!
I think Priceline was 10 percent off all disney resorts on their website a couple days ago. Good for those resorts that normally only get 10 percent off anyways through disney.

So excited to join this thread! We'll be at the Poly 7/9 thru 7/17. First time back to WDW since covid hit, so the whole park pass reservations and only 60 day ADR thing is throwing me for a loop. 😬 Have y'all already made your park reservations? Wondering how soon I should do that.

Last edited:
So excited to join this thread! We'll be at the Poly 7/9 thru 7/17. First time back to WDW since covid hit, so the whole park pass reservations and only 60 day ADR thing is throwing me for a loop. 😬 Have y'all already made your park reservations? Wondering how soon I should do that.
Nope! I don’t even have our park tix yet- waiting for a Canadian discount!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter