Official JUNE 2009 Thread!!!

TinkAsh2001

DIS Veteran
Welcome to the June 2009 Thread! Join this thread and share your planning and tips for your upcoming trip!
I will keep a list once we get people on the thread of who is going when in June!!! Be sure to add your dates and resort or PM me with them!!!

May 23-June 4 rlduvall (AKV & BCV)
May 28-June 4 Shocky5 (Poly)
May 28-June 6 Mickeystoontown (POP DS Birthday & 25th anniv.)
May 29-June 11 my2boysrtwicethefun (POP Graduation, Birthday & Anniv.)
May 30-June 6 Spauldo (CBR)
May 30-June 6 Brave_Teacher (Kidani Village)
May 30-June 7 dmthoma76 (AS-Sports)
May 31-June 7 BayouMickey
May 31-June 9 Basketrn (SSR Anniversary & Baby's First Trip)
June 1-11 SSmerdel (CBR)
June 3-10 Jmmalru (BC)
June 4-11 QueenMum2 (Poly)
June 4-11 T-i-double-g-err (Poly)
June 6-12 LVSWL (SS)
June 6-13 Disneyvirg (Poly)
June 6-13 Magic2000 (Yacht Club)
June 6-13 mjalvarez (SSR)
June 6-13 LaurenMic
June 6-14 tcmsu (Ft. Wilderness)
June 6-14 Spacemountain (Poly)
June 7-12 TinkAsh2001 (POP Disneymoon)
June 7-12 Lady_Gracey999
June 7-13 Kblue (POFQ Disneymoon)
June 7-14 Ang (POP 4 HS Graduates)
June 7-14 Mjones73 (CBR)
June 7-14 ECVMommy (CBR)
June 8-12 lranen (AKV Birthday)
June 8-15 cnorth (WL Disneymoon)
June 8-15 DisneyDreamer1970 (POP Graduation & Birthday)
June 8-15 Dustmouse (AS Sports Birthday & Graduation)
June 8-19 Dreajoyanne (POR Disneymoon)
June 9-16 Disneyfanfamily (POP)
June 9-16 JoshMom5 (AKL)
June 9-18 Ragetti (AKL)
June 9-18 Cinderumbrella (Suprise 6th DS Birthday)
June 10-17 Tloveswdw (Ft. Wilderness)
June 11-18 MiataPage (Contemp. Birthday)
June 11-18 Ber-Shay (POP)
June 12-19 Pinkivy (Poly)
June 12-20 disneygal29 (POR)
June 12-27 mapmakerj (Fort Wilderness Premium Site)
June 13-20 ghosty1000 (Grand Gathering)
June 13-20 mhalpern (POFQ 45th Birthday)
June 13-20 Chocovrdmicears (40th Birthday)
June 13-20 Magic2000 (Wilderness Lodge)
June 14-20 adsrtw (POR Birthday)
June 14-21 Southernbohemian (YC)
June 15-22 MarkinNM (CSR)
June 15-22 DizneeMommy (POP)
June 15-23 Cjackearl (BC)
June 16-23 Purplevalentine (POP)
June 16-23 ctjowens (WL)
June 16-23 Megan07 (AS Music)
June 16-23 Cajunbaby1 (BC)
June 16-23 RAPstar (POP 24th Birthday)
June 16-24 rammh (CBR)
June 17-24 Vedlin71 (SSR Birthday)
June 17-24 JAA'smom
June 19-26 jimmiej (CBR GD First trip)
June 19-27 themudd4 (CBR DH's 40th)
June 20-26 Rainydayplay (CBR - 2 Birthdays)
June 20-27 Spectromax (POFQ)
June 20-27 Aceys_honey (CBR)
June 20-July 4 freepixie (Poly)
June 21-28 Sherabby (POP)
June 21-29 Disney_Hot_Mama (AKL & WWL)
June 21-July 3 Teachkg (BWV & AKV)
June 22-30 SherriLynn44 (AS-Sports Disneymoon)
June 22-July 3 Disney_Spaz
June 24-30 DisneyJune09 (Wilderness Lodge)
June 25-July 2 Melnzai
June 26-30 KTeacher (Poly 50th Birthday)
June 26-July 3 Chaoscent (BWV)

We've barely been back two weeks and just booked our June birthday trip last night! 20th-26th @ CBR! (Yay for having two birthdays to celebrate!)

I just booked our trip for June 17-24. There are 5 of us staying at the ASMusic Suite. I booked it under that new deal the pay for 4 get 3 free. We are excited. I am hoping that Star Wars Weekends are still going then. My husband is a huge Star Wars Fan. :dance3:

YAY! Glad to have you! Our travel agent just called and said that she applied that promotion to our package I was excited! I have never gotten to use a promotion code before!! We saved over 200.00!!! YAY! :cool1:

We usually have one Annual Pass every year and we use that for a room reservation. When this deal came out we decided not to renew this year and go in June under this deal. We have never been in June before. We always go in Dec. or Oct for quick weekends or we go when our spring break isn't around Easter. My husbands a school teacher so we have limited times we can go.

You can add us to the list...

We will be staying at SSR, May 31st - June 9th. Its our 5 year annivesary trip AND our baby's first visit...so excited!!

I wish they would post hours for June so I can start planning!!!!!

I'll be adding to the list very soon! I'm looking at June 15 to the 22nd and still undecided if we are going to do POFQ, CBR or POP.

:goodvibes

We had been planning on going over a long weekend in January. However, much as it pains me to say, I couldn't get my heart into it for a couple of reasons:

1. DS is in 6th grade and his school is very challenging. We've taken him out for a couple of days already this year and he had a really hard time catching up.

2. DD's dance performance was scheduled for the same weekend.

When the discounts came out (4+3), I knew that it was a sign that we needed to find another time to go. DS's school gets out the end of May and DD's the 4th of June. BINGO.

So - here we are! Our dates are 6/4 - 6/11...8 days/7 nights at the Poly (HEAVEN!). We have never been in Summer before. DH has a low tolerance for heat and crowds so I'm praying that it will be "unseasonably" cool...low to mid 80s would be just fine...and that the rest of the schools in the world won't get out until mid-June.

A girl can wish, right?

Anyone who has been i

First time on a forum so here it goes!

Going June 24-30 staying at Wilderness Lodge(DDP)-the place looks amazing! My 6 and 9 are freaking out, can't wait!!! :banana: And this banana expresses exactly how we feel to take them!!

I'm pretty new at this as well, this will be my first time ever going to WDW!!

We are going May 30th-June 6th (got in on the 4+3 deal!) and we will be staying at the CBR!:cool1:

First time on a forum so here it goes!

Going June 24-30 staying at Wilderness Lodge(DDP)-the place looks amazing!

We've stayed at the WL twice and it really is gorgeous. The lobby alone is worth the price of admission, so to speak. We've gotten bunk bed rooms both times, which is great! The kids took turns being on the top bunk.

I feel a little twinge that we won't be staying there this time, but the Poly is where we stayed on our first trip and we've always wanted to go back.

Congratulations on booking your first trip and I'm so happy you are so :banana: :banana: :banana:

This board is a marvelous resource for information. Come back anytime with questions and the amazing folks here will surely know the answers.

Tracie

Glad to have some new people on this thread!! Welcome!!! It is almost ttime to make our ADR's sos perhaps we can share what are some of our favorites to help others?!

I have a question for us June 09 people - From WL can we take a boat to the Contemporary for the character breakfast? My concern is if the breakfast is at 8 am, will the boat be running by then. I understand there is no resort to resort bus transportation.:confused3

We'll be there in June too!!!

June 6-13 at Yacht Club
June 13-20 at Wilderness Lodge (was able to get a Courtyard Bunk Bed Room - what a great surprise for DD!!!)

Can't wait!!! Gotta love the 4/3 package!!!

So excited!! Got news of the 7 for 4 promotion on my birthday and booked a trip for June 11-18 at the POP. Happy birthday to me... We will celebrate our wedding anniversary and it will be the first trip for our youngest. We were planning to go for a shorter trip in fall '09, but the price and fewer time restrictions made June look really good. Now need to decide when to tell the kids!!

I have a question for us June 09 people - From WL can we take a boat to the Contemporary for the character breakfast? My concern is if the breakfast is at 8 am, will the boat be running by then. I understand there is no resort to resort bus transportation.:confused3

Yes there is a boat that goes from WL to CR. I am not sure about the time it starts though...might ask over on the transportation board. You can always take the bus to MK and hop on the monorail too.:goodvibes

Glad to have some new people on this thread!! Welcome!!! It is almost ttime to make our ADR's sos perhaps we can share what are some of our favorites to help others?!

Who knows when we will be able to make our ADRs...with the ADR upgrade that keeps getting pushed back :sad2:

Last I saw was upgrades wont be complete till mid Dec:scared1:

OK, well we weren't supposed to go at all next year...then we decided to go in July for my DH's 40th birthday. had everything planned out...I even started the Offical July 2009 thread, and was loving it! Then they came out with the buy 4 get 3 deal and well...money talks. So as of TODAY everything is changed and were now going JUNE 19-27. Were staying at CBR in a Pirate Room.

Were looking at these ADR's but nothing is set yet...
Coral Reef
50's Prime Time
Le Cellier
Whispering Canyon
Crystal Palace Breakfast (this is a tradition each trip)
Liberty tree tavern
Sci Fi
T-Rex

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter