• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official March 2019 Spring Into Disney Thread!***

Today's basically over which means I'm down to 3 more days!!! Bad news is there's a bug going around the office and I'm trying my hardest to stay healthy, but I feel a little stuffy. And my sister's been sick with what she assumed was food poisoning... Definitely not good vibes a few days before a trip, but hopefully we're feeling good by Saturday. Fingers crossed!

We are headed out on Friday and the wait to surprise our kids is KILLING ME! My daughter keeps talking about how she’s so excited about the Mardi Gras parades this weekend...hope she won’t be disappointed when we tell her she won’t make any parades this year. Lol. This time next week, we will be enjoying the first day of flower and garden at EPCOT.

I just found this thread! We're all getting super excited as we count down the weeks. We check in March 24th and leave the 30th. It will be me, DH, DS (16), DD (14), DS (8), MIL, FIL. We will be staying at Ft. Wilderness in a cabin and my in-laws are staying at Shades of Green. Our magic bands arrived yesterday! The excitement is mounting and so is the anxiety! We've never been for spring break and not sure what to expect for crowds. We've done fall break (1st week of October), 4th of July and the week after New Year's. All were varying degrees of busy but this is the first (and probably only) trip with my in-laws. I know we will have to slow down to accommodate them. Just hoping the crowds and walking aren't too much for them. Any spring break veterans - appreciate any advise or input!

I just found this thread! We're all getting super excited as we count down the weeks. We check in March 24th and leave the 30th. It will be me, DH, DS (16), DD (14), DS (8), MIL, FIL. We will be staying at Ft. Wilderness in a cabin and my in-laws are staying at Shades of Green. Our magic bands arrived yesterday! The excitement is mounting and so is the anxiety! We've never been for spring break and not sure what to expect for crowds. We've done fall break (1st week of October), 4th of July and the week after New Year's. All were varying degrees of busy but this is the first (and probably only) trip with my in-laws. I know we will have to slow down to accommodate them. Just hoping the crowds and walking aren't too much for them. Any spring break veterans - appreciate any advise or input!
Our Fall Break is the 3rd weekend in October. That’s the other time we go most often, but usually to Disneyland. It sounds like you’ve been at some fairly busy times, and let’s face it, it’s pretty busy all the time now. I’ve always found Spring Break to be crowded but manageable. Go with a good plan, but don’t hesitate to throw plans out the window and go with the flow if it’s not working out. I can’t tell you how many times we’ve been on the move to one ride and see a 10-15 minute wait somewhere on our way and stop and pick those up. You just never know exactly how everyone else will tour

Our Fall Break is the 3rd weekend in October. That’s the other time we go most often, but usually to Disneyland. It sounds like you’ve been at some fairly busy times, and let’s face it, it’s pretty busy all the time now. I’ve always found Spring Break to be crowded but manageable. Go with a good plan, but don’t hesitate to throw plans out the window and go with the flow if it’s not working out. I can’t tell you how many times we’ve been on the move to one ride and see a 10-15 minute wait somewhere on our way and stop and pick those up. You just never know exactly how everyone else will tour
Thanks! With my elderly in-laws joining us, I know flexibility will be key to everyone having a good time. Everyone got input on fast pass choices, so I know we will be able to at least hit everyone's favorites. I'm trying really hard to not over-plan! Or pack the days too full. I know it will be crowded, I guess I'm more worried about my in-laws being jostled in the crowd. My MIL had knee replacement surgery and my FIL had hip replacement surgery. We definitely will not be in a hurry anywhere, hoping to use the slower pace to soak it all in!

Thanks! With my elderly in-laws joining us, I know flexibility will be key to everyone having a good time. Everyone got input on fast pass choices, so I know we will be able to at least hit everyone's favorites. I'm trying really hard to not over-plan! Or pack the days too full. I know it will be crowded, I guess I'm more worried about my in-laws being jostled in the crowd. My MIL had knee replacement surgery and my FIL had hip replacement surgery. We definitely will not be in a hurry anywhere, hoping to use the slower pace to soak it all in!
I don’t know how many able bodied people you have going with you, but being flexible can also mean being open to a wheelchair. Disney is strenuous. I have some mild mobility issues due to an ankle I broke 10 years ago. On my last trip, I started having a new medical issue crop up the day we got there. It took my fiancé quite a bit to convince me to get a wheelchair, but it saved our trip. This time I’m bringing my own in case I need it. And if I don’t, we’ll all take turns getting pushed and taking a break. But it really can make a huge difference. Walking isn’t my main issue, it’s standing still for long periods of time.

I don’t know how many able bodied people you have going with you, but being flexible can also mean being open to a wheelchair. Disney is strenuous. I have some mild mobility issues due to an ankle I broke 10 years ago. On my last trip, I started having a new medical issue crop up the day we got there. It took my fiancé quite a bit to convince me to get a wheelchair, but it saved our trip. This time I’m bringing my own in case I need it. And if I don’t, we’ll all take turns getting pushed and taking a break. But it really can make a huge difference. Walking isn’t my main issue, it’s standing still for long periods of time.
We won our local NPR station's "free trip to Paris" while 6 months pregnant with our first, and decided to use it rather than try to go with an infant. I wound up wheeling my pregnant wife all over the Louvre in a wheelchair. :)

We forced MIL onto a scooter when we went during Christmas in 2017. My husband and his brother went and rented it and then told her she had to use it. After about 4 hours she agreed that it was a good decision and that she would not have made it until lunchtime without it.

It’s -3 today. That’s more than 25 degrees below the average temperature. 2 weeks, 6 days. It can’t come soon enough.

We forced MIL onto a scooter when we went during Christmas in 2017. My husband and his brother went and rented it and then told her she had to use it. After about 4 hours she agreed that it was a good decision and that she would not have made it until lunchtime without it.

It’s -3 today. That’s more than 25 degrees below the average temperature. 2 weeks, 6 days. It can’t come soon enough.
You must be close to me (Minnesota)... it was chilly here today too! But we only have 4 days - and even with what looks like pretty chilly temps in Florida, I cannot wit to escape the cold and snow!

Good suggestion with the wheel chair. We have 4 able bodied people that could take turns pushing. The hard part would be convincing either my MIL or FIL that they would need it! I could probably guilt them into it using not ruining the trip for the grandkids!

Good suggestion with the wheel chair. We have 4 able bodied people that could take turns pushing. The hard part would be convincing either my MIL or FIL that they would need it! I could probably guilt them into it using not ruining the trip for the grandkids!
You could try starting with just one. Let them take turns as they need breaks. I think it was $20/day to rent just a normal wheelchair from Disneyland. But no matter how stoic you are, you have a better time if you aren’t trying to suck it up for the sake of everyone else. As much as I hated the extra strain in him, I had a much better trip once I had a place to get off my feet when I got tired.

7 more work days!!! We have had an unexpected snow storm and my office closed for the day Monday for the first time in 20 years. Thursday and the kids and my husband are still off school. It is depressing to go to work while everyone else is having snow day fun :(. I feel a little bad about kids missing several days of school for our trip on top of this week but nothing to be done.

Still trying to plan the details of our surprise-what we will tell the kids when we wake them up, etc.

We leave tomorrow night! I have a million things to do. I'm worried about the rain on Monday and Tuesday.

BUT WHO CARES I'LL BE AT DISNEY TOMORROW NIGHT!

I'm jamming my Pandora Disney Parks play list. I'M COMING TO SEE YOU, MICKEY!! :D

I know i am iffy on rain too. Chance of rain 40% the day my daughter is going to BBP. Should be fun either way

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter