***Official March 2021 Thread***

Here now. Arrived 3/6. The vibe just seems off. A bunch of little issues have come up. Nothing to serious at the time but together are giving me not so magical feelings. I didn't feel this way in January.
That’s how I felt during my august trip. I really hope things turn around for you. I’m a little nervous I will feel that way for our trip this next week. It definitely is different there. The thing is, we don’t know when things will go back to “normal”, especially with the covid variants spreading. We just have to make the most of what we are able to get with Disney and make family memories. I keep reminding myself that this is a different Disney from what I’m used to, but my kids are growing up so fast. So I want to enjoy everything that I can with them, even the different things.

My body had me up at 4am because it’s Disney day!!!!!! This trip has been years in the making. Can’t wait to be back!!!!!! None of my family has ever been...I hope they love it like I do!!!
That’s fantastic! I love that adrenaline rush of the day of!! Have a great time—I’d love to hear the first timers reactions!

Here now. Arrived 3/6. The vibe just seems off. A bunch of little issues have come up. Nothing to serious at the time but together are giving me not so magical feelings. I didn't feel this way in January.

Oh no! Thats a bummer. Hope it turns around and you get that magical feeling back.

My body had me up at 4am because it’s Disney day!!!!!! This trip has been years in the making. Can’t wait to be back!!!!!! None of my family has ever been...I hope they love it like I do!!!

There's nothing like Disney day! Make sure you come back and update us about your trip. I wanna hear all about it.

No vaccine for us any time soon. I darkly joked to my husband they seem to be prioritizing the vaccine by who needs it least. My husband’s grandmother recently died from Covid before they could get any doses to her nursing home. My over-65 aunt with numerous high-risk medical conditions who hasn’t left her house in a year can’t get it. But plenty of healthy young people in our well-to-do subdivision and several of my healthy young coworkers have gotten vaccinated by faking medical conditions, “volunteering” to work for their doctor friends, or similar subterfuge. Sometimes I think humanity deserves this plague.

Wish we lived in a state that was less dysfunctional! Definitely hard knowing how some states are so on top of this when ours is such a dumpster fire.

I'm very sorry. I do not take lightly the fact that we are getting this opportunity before many many others who need it more. I wish there was a better collective effort to get things moving for everyone.

At my office today to make a real push to get my work to do list done today. Working from home the next two days but hoping to have enough done today that I won't feel bad when I sprinkle in packing and laundry and all the last minute stuff from home the next couple of days.

I'm very sorry. I do not take lightly the fact that we are getting this opportunity before many many others who need it more. I wish there was a better collective effort to get things moving for everyone.

Same. I’m immunocompromised but ironically it was my job that made me eligible! Here is hoping everyone who needs and wants a vaccine can get one soon.

Quite a bit actually! Whispering Canyon, Roaring Fork and Geyser Point are all open. Artist Point is closed. We’ll be at Wilderness the week before you. Excited to try Geyser Point for the first time—I hear it is lovely!
Great! Thanks for the info. I'm excited to try Geyser Point too. We are so looking forward to traveling again. This is a reschedule of our spring break trip last year that was cancelled by the shut down.

Quite a bit actually! Whispering Canyon, Roaring Fork and Geyser Point are all open. Artist Point is closed. We’ll be at Wilderness the week before you. Excited to try Geyser Point for the first time—I hear it is lovely!
Great! Thanks for the info. I'm excited to try Geyser Point too. We are so looking forward to traveling again. This is a reschedule of our spring break trip last year that was cancelled by the shut down.

Totally did not mean to make you feel bad in any way. I am genuinely glad for you and for my friends in other states who are getting vaccinated. I just hate the ugly "hunger games" vibe we have where I live. At least I know when we get to WDW, I can just de-stress and be happy again! Ten more days!

Totally did not mean to make you feel bad in any way. I am genuinely glad for you and for my friends in other states who are getting vaccinated. I just hate the ugly "hunger games" vibe we have where I live. At least I know when we get to WDW, I can just de-stress and be happy again! Ten more days!
No offense taken! I truly wish it was something that everyone could do RIGHT NOW and not have to be constantly on the hunt!

No offense taken! I truly wish it was something that everyone could do RIGHT NOW and not have to be constantly on the hunt!
Right, or even if they would just give everyone who qualifies an appointment day and time by lottery--even if it is weeks/months from now. This whole dog-eats-dog scavenger method of stalking the appointment sites daily is so aggravating. One of the providers even makes me search for appointments zip code by zip code in our area--it's absolutely maddening.

At my office today to make a real push to get my work to do list done today. Working from home the next two days but hoping to have enough done today that I won't feel bad when I sprinkle in packing and laundry and all the last minute stuff from home the next couple of days.
Ugh the last few days before WDW are so hard at work! We are headed to the airport at about 3:30p on Friday (3.5 hour drive, blah) and I’m working straight until then. You can bet I’m mentally distracted by packing and last minute to-dos! Also, don’t feel badly—our whole organization is still work from home and no question everyone is doing chores and errands throughout the day!

I Hope You have a great trip. Make sure you come back and let us know how it went.
Hopefully the whole trip goes as easy as the airport; checked my bag, made it through security, bought candy, and made it to my gate in under 15 minutes (granted, it’s a small airport)

Ugh the last few days before WDW are so hard at work! We are headed to the airport at about 3:30p on Friday (3.5 hour drive, blah) and I’m working straight until then. You can bet I’m mentally distracted by packing and last minute to-dos! Also, don’t feel badly—our whole organization is still work from home and no question everyone is doing chores and errands throughout the day!

We're still mostly from home as well so thankfully I have lots of flexibility!

No vaccine for us any time soon. I darkly joked to my husband they seem to be prioritizing the vaccine by who needs it least. My husband’s grandmother recently died from Covid before they could get any doses to her nursing home. My over-65 aunt with numerous high-risk medical conditions who hasn’t left her house in a year can’t get it. But plenty of healthy young people in our well-to-do subdivision and several of my healthy young coworkers have gotten vaccinated by faking medical conditions, “volunteering” to work for their doctor friends, or similar subterfuge. Sometimes I think humanity deserves this plague.

Wish we lived in a state that was less dysfunctional! Definitely hard knowing how some states are so on top of this when ours is such a dumpster fire.
It does seem odd. I work for the Mo dept of Mental health. We've all been offered it, multiple times, all 3 types of vaccines. Now I work in a long term hospital setting, so maybe all of DMH hasn't been offered it, but our admin practically begged us to get ours. Tho I don't think it was for our benefit per se. It was meant more to help us keep from bringing it in to the patients so they could stop being on quarantine, which is def important, bc when we quarantine, it's an entire ward, confined to their rooms for everything except bathroom and showers 24/7 for 14 days at a time. There were periods when our entire hospital was on quarantine at the same time.

It does seem odd. I work for the Mo dept of Mental health. We've all been offered it, multiple times, all 3 types of vaccines. Now I work in a long term hospital setting, so maybe all of DMH hasn't been offered it, but our admin practically begged us to get ours. Tho I don't think it was for our benefit per se. It was meant more to help us keep from bringing it in to the patients so they could stop being on quarantine, which is def important, bc when we quarantine, it's an entire ward, confined to their rooms for everything except bathroom and showers 24/7 for 14 days at a time. There were periods when our entire hospital was on quarantine at the same time.
I don't think it just that. I know someone who works for a hospital network but on the administrative side and works entirely from home now, no patient contact, and she was given the vaccine by her employer and said all her work-from-home coworkers were getting them. It seems very disorganized how the eligibility is being set.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter