****Official May 2012 Thread**** ALMOST TIME TO LEAVE!!

So happy to see a May 2012 thread! Just booked BC for May 1st to 11th and I'm so excited!

Already planning in my head... When do the Unofficial Guides for 2012 come out?

I had to share my excitement - I just officially booked my trip!! We are going April 30-May 4, 2012 :cloud9:

Is it too early for a pre-trip report?!? :cool1:

DH just pulled the plug on our trip :( He originally told me that if we could buy him new seats for his car and some gauges, that we could go. I said NO PROBLEM! and was under the assumption that we could go. I have all of my ADR's planned and now he says no. He's in the doghouse tonight.

I'm sorry that DH pulled the plug on your trip. My DH has been in the same doghouse. He told me that if I went to school and got a computer programming degree that I could use some of my school money to fund a WDW trip. Well this is my 2nd summer in school, and still no WDW trip. Finally I put my foot down and told him that until I get a WDW trip, that I would not take 12 hours. I will keep taking classes like I am until my Spring 2012 session, which is just 2 classes per sememster. My school does there semesters strange. Semesters are 16 weeks long, broken up into 8 week sessions. I'll just have to double up on the 1st session of that semester, so I don't have a class while we go to WDW. Then the semester after we get back, I'll take 12 hours. He has then promised another WDW trip once I graduate. Then once I get a good paying job, we can buy into DVC and get AP's.

Count me in! We always go the last week of May right after the last day of school! As soon as we got home this past trip I started planning for 2012 (duh!) :cool1:

I can't book til I can verify the scheduled last day of school but the plan is May 27th to June 7th! :yay: :woohoo: :cheer2:

Whew, been awhile since I've been on these boards (DCL Feb'10) but really hoping to swing a trip to WDW May 27-31, '12 !!!! DS6 keeps looking at the pic of me, dh and dd15 on the Rock N Roller Coaster in 2003 and REALLY wants to go! I told him if he ate LOTS of veggies and reached 48" (he is now just over 46") we would go! Have about talked our Cruise Buddies (DH, DW, DS10) into going with us and sharing an All Star Vacation home .... :banana:

Count me in! We always go the last week of May right after the last day of school! As soon as we got home this past trip I started planning for 2012 (duh!) :cool1:

I can't book til I can verify the scheduled last day of school but the plan is May 27th to June 7th! :yay: :woohoo: :cheer2:

What did you think of the crowds and weather? We are planning on being at WDW May 29-June 3, 2012. I keep telling my DH that at that time of year I would rather get the DlxDDP so that we don't have to fight crowds at the CS and use lunches and dinners as a way to take a break from the heat inside a nice and cool TS restaurant.

DHs cousin and family have booked BC for the same dates!!! So we are now an official Grand Gathering!

Looks like May 1st-15th for me! Booking just as soon as we decide what resort!

We're (Me, Mom, DS and a friend) are planning for 4/29-5/5! Not booked yet but I'm going to get on my mom to commit soon or I'm booking without her. :cool1:

Will probably be POFQ. I prefer it mom prefers value but since they have the queen beds I might win. So if not POFQ it will be POP.

So debating on resort right now... looking at deluxe, but want to stay everywhere!!! lol

I'm sorry that DH pulled the plug on your trip.

Well, I'm trying to stay positive right now. DH just got sent to another state by his work to train for a new type of service they're going to offer. This means more pay... he also got a speeding ticket while he was there so I'm using that as "his new car seats"... lol... I think I'll get my way but I'm just hoping for some kind of great promotion to be able to reel him in with :) like kids play free, that would be great again!

So.. I did something crazy today and switched my reservations to Oct 2011. So now I am no longer joining you guys in May 2012. But I hope each of you enjoy your trips!! :thumbsup2

We're in.

We planned to go in February, but my sister in law decided to plan a family reunion so we're pushing it back. I was still wanting to go in February, but I made the mistake of letting it slip his family wanted to go during the typical time for SWW, and DH changed our dates.

It will be a grand gathering, but to have a little time with just us we booked early, so the rest of them won't be joining us until the last couple days.

We'll be celebrating our DS's 3rd birthday, and of course SWW.

We're booked at CBR in a pirate room, but I'm thinking we'll change to ASMo so it'll be more exciting for DS. Our dates are May 23-30

Hoping an offer comes out soon. Would love free dining!!

Well, I'm trying to stay positive right now. DH just got sent to another state by his work to train for a new type of service they're going to offer. This means more pay... he also got a speeding ticket while he was there so I'm using that as "his new car seats"... lol... I think I'll get my way but I'm just hoping for some kind of great promotion to be able to reel him in with :) like kids play free, that would be great again!

I hope they come out with free dining or a room discount.
I should be booking within the next week or two. I just have to figure out the which resort to book.:lmao: Luckily, my class right now isn't a hard one. After this class, I'll be in a statistics class and I'll need a trip booked to inspire me.

Planning on going down from May 27-June 2 with family. Will be booking the trip by next week. Right now going to book a Royal Room in POR. If things should happen quickly (selling a home) and for a great deal then will change to the POLY!!!! Of course a room discount would truly help with that ;) Can not wait to go back with my family and my little nieces, it should be :cloud9:

We're back in! DH ordered his doors (no seats for him thanks to that lovely speeding ticket he received :lmao:). We're gonna do May 12-19 at Pop, 5 days of park hoppers and 1 day at Harry Potter World. We're also doing DxDP!!! DH is not happy about the enormous price tag on this trip (our last trip was half the cost for just as long) but I explained that his mom is coming along and it'll be the only chance I get to really try different restaurants so he agrees now. I also figured out a savings system so we won't have to take much out of taxes.

How long do they give you to pay once you book? I'm trying to figure everything out. My ADR's are set (I think). I feel more rushed than last time when I only had 4 months to do everything... lol...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter