***Official May 2022 thread***

Jumping in the thread now that we are only a couple weeks out! May 5-14 with a split between Dolphin and Copper Creek (first time!). We love to walk to the parks so I'm a little nervous about CC but we wanted to force ourselves to slow down and enjoy some hotel/pool time. Looks like a fun area for our kids to be at. Missed out on AP registration for GoG so bummed about that. Luckily I made park reservations awhile ago so we have that set. We're working with two AP's and our kids with day tickets so a little annoying to be grabbing from two different buckets. Differing availability so we are stuck with the parks we currently have chosen. I was trying to switch our days a bit but what's available for my kids isn't available for me and my husband and vice versa. At least we have something! ADR's we have Beaches and Cream, Toppolino's breakfast, Space 220, Steakhouse 71. Can't wait to try the burger at steakhouse 71!

Jumping in the thread now that we are only a couple weeks out! May 5-14 with a split between Dolphin and Copper Creek (first time!). We love to walk to the parks so I'm a little nervous about CC but we wanted to force ourselves to slow down and enjoy some hotel/pool time. Looks like a fun area for our kids to be at. Missed out on AP registration for GoG so bummed about that. Luckily I made park reservations awhile ago so we have that set. We're working with two AP's and our kids with day tickets so a little annoying to be grabbing from two different buckets. Differing availability so we are stuck with the parks we currently have chosen. I was trying to switch our days a bit but what's available for my kids isn't available for me and my husband and vice versa. At least we have something! ADR's we have Beaches and Cream, Toppolino's breakfast, Space 220, Steakhouse 71. Can't wait to try the burger at steakhouse 71!
Get the mac n cheese at Steakhouse71 too...really good!

Happy to join the going in May group. I’m doing split stay May 5-9th at the Element & grand Californian. Super excited to begin staying at the grand Californian as it will be my first time staying there.

Update: (not sure if posted) both members of my party qualified for DAS….. this is a huge weight lifted off our shoulders so the trip should now be as smooth as possible.

Did you register online? We moved our trip to June & we need to make that online chat for our youngest & I've heard the waits for a cast member can be really long!! How was the DAS enrollment process for you?

Did you register online? We moved our trip to June & we need to make that online chat for our youngest & I've heard the waits for a cast member can be really long!! How was the DAS enrollment process for you?
It was easy for us. We used online. I made sure I logged in on my account about 15 or so before like a dining reservation. I got a message that I was going to be waiting in line and about 20 minutes later I was talking to someone on chat. It was easy to allow video and all. Also go into the browser and allow the browser to ask for the mic and camera.

My suggestion is to have everyone who is an adult applying log into their Disney account and accept the terms on the page. That will save you time as myself and my mom both did so and were able to apply in the same call.

ALSO be sure to make the 30 days not your arrival day, but the first park day. I learned this the hard way.

After we went into a chat to choose advanced return times for each day. It’s basically every ride minus the individual LL rides that can be booked in advance for an hour window. They usually provide a link for the list.

The return times can be booked in the app for each person who has das and if you want someone else to be with you in the party.

Last edited:
Anyone know if the lovebugs are out in full force yet?? It’s been awhile since we’ve gone in May and I’m trying not to stress too much…but I really hate bugs!!

Anyone know if the lovebugs are out in full force yet?? It’s been awhile since we’ve gone in May and I’m trying not to stress too much…but I really hate bugs!!

I read a few posts on the camping forum a few days ago that said they have started. One of the pics had the vehicle covered.

I HATE bugs, too, but my May trips have been hit or miss with them. The year we went and they were pretty heavy, we stayed offsite and did not notice them in the parks as much as we did outside of Disney. Only when we were sitting and near bushes/foliage did we really even notice.

Also, I just have to add to the thread...I always am excited about our trips, but today I got that adrenalin-happy feeling where my heart is pounding from excitement!! We leave next Wednesday to stop by my parents house in NC for a couple of days for their 50th wedding anniversary and then head to Disney on Friday the 13th. We changed our dates a bit and switched to a split stay YC CL/BWV.

SO EXCITED!!!!!

Hi guys!!

If anyone will be at the following resorts, can you please take a photo of the Recreation Calendar for me? We only have a few left needed for the Thread! Thank you in advance and have fun!!!!!
  • All Star Sports
  • Art of Animation Resort
  • Boardwalk Inn Resort/BWV
  • Caribbean Beach Resort
  • Grand Floridian Resort/VGF
  • Hilton Head Island Resort
  • Old Key West Resort
  • Pop Century
  • Saratoga Springs Resort

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter