***Official May 2023 Thread***

Looks like you're the first! If you'd like to change the title of your thread to ***Official May 2023 Thread*** then this can be the thread!

Thanks!

Looks like you're the first! If you'd like to change the title of your thread to ***Official May 2023 Thread*** then this can be the thread!

Thanks!
Done!

We'll be there 5/14-5/20/2023

Quick introduction!
I'm Traci and my husband is Mark. We honeymooned in Disney in 2009, took the kids in 2011, 2013, and 2015 (minus the oldest), then DH and I did an adults only land-sea in 2017, my DD and I did a girl's trip in 2019, and DH and I did adults-only again in 2021. We also just got off a 4-night on the Disney Wish (8/26-8/22). So of course we have something else already booked!

2022-08-23_09-47-35_910.jpeg

DS is Kyle. He hasn't been since 2015 and is super excited to be going again.

IMG_20150901_134136192.jpg

He's 18 now and definitely taller than Tarzan these days!
We'll be staying at our favorite resort, Pop Century. Can't wait to meet some fellow travelers!

Yay! Count us in! May 5-8 at BWI. This will be the first time back for the kids since 2019. DH and I were there May 2022 to celebrate our 30th anniversary. It was our first time without the family since our honeymoon in 1992, and we loved it! But it was no surprise the kids were totally jealous and want to join us next time. DS is in his junior year of college and DD's are 24 and 25 and working full time. We're squeezing this in on one of the only weekends we could find that fit into everyone's schedule. It's a surprise, which we'll give them as a Christmas present, but they are very suspicious it's happening! This will be their first time at BWI and I am so looking forward to it!

May 12-20 @ Pop Century! We're doing a mother/son trip this year. I did a mother/daughter trip in May, 2021 to WDW after our mother/daughter trip to Disneyland was canceled in 2020. We chose to go to WDW because Disneyland wasn't open to non-Californians yet. It definitely was a different trip due to COVID, but we still enjoyed it.

Looking forward to things being more normal and try out some new rides and Genie+ this coming trip.

We're going on our 2nd family trip May 23-26. We went in May of 2018 and had a great time. DH and I just did a trip without the kids Sept 5-7 that was super fun. I can't wait to go back! We were going to stay at CBR, but then decided on YC for the convenience of being really close to 2 parks.

Woohoo! I'm going May 3rd-12th. Staying at BLT, going with my folks again which is nice :)

I loved my solo trip but it's nice to have people to share the experience with.

Not much discussion in our group yet. Let me see if I can change that!

Here's my first trip dilemma - choosing park days. Right now I have reserved AK, HS, MK, EP for Tues-Fri. I am now rethinking Epcot on a Friday during a festival. I don't want to do MK or HS on Fri, but I also don't want to move AK. We are coming over from 2 days at Universal. I don't know how tired we will already be coming off that since it's our first time to go to UOR. I know we can do a leisurely arrival at AK and still get everything done, and maybe even hop to Epcot for fireworks. I didn't want to save HS for Fri because we haven't done any Star Wars stuff yet and we don't want to wait till the end of the trip to do that. Plus if we have a day of bad luck, I want to be able to try again for the big rides there. We do have hoppers. Maybe Epcot won't be so bad as long as we rope drop? Then if it gets crazy in the afternoon maybe we could hop to HS. Decisions, decisions.

How are everyone else's plans looking so far?

LoisLane, we'll be there the same week as you! We going to Universal first from 5/11-5/13 and then we check into VGF for 5/13-5/20.

Got my May dates secured...finally! May 14 - 17 VGF Deluxe Studio - Lake View and May 18 - 21 Resort Studio - Lagoon View. Very excited as it's our first time staying at GF DVC.

Last edited:

Thanks!
I came to add my May dates. It looks like it's not being updated as people add dates. A lot of the Official Threads are adding the trip dates. Am I allowed to start a new thread or can I maintain this one by adding the dates? I don't want to just take over the thread and step on anyone's toes.

Last edited:
Looking like a quick trip for us May 4-7, but still really excited!

I am struggling a bit with park days, and where to stay.

We will have 3ish days, but my husband won’t arrive till later Friday. Ideally solo with 2 kids is easiest for me at MK, but I know he won’t want to miss MK, so trying to pick what park to do Friday morning, I’m leaning Epcot, and pool. But could be convinced to do AK.

Kids are 4/8 and I know DD8 would want to do Everest and FoP and DD4 isn’t tall enough so that could be a bummer, and I know HS is out since she would want to do RnR.

Could also do 2 MK days and skip AK all together…. Do Friday MK/Epcot, Saturday HS/MK Sunday AK….

As I’m typing this I’m wondering if I should move my days and do 5-8 and have the kids miss 2 days of school but then get all the park time with my husband.

Here's my first trip dilemma - choosing park days. Right now I have reserved AK, HS, MK, EP for Tues-Fri. I am now rethinking Epcot on a Friday during a festival. I don't want to do MK or HS on Fri, but I also don't want to move AK. We are coming over from 2 days at Universal. I don't know how tired we will already be coming off that since it's our first time to go to UOR. I know we can do a leisurely arrival at AK and still get everything done, and maybe even hop to Epcot for fireworks. I didn't want to save HS for Fri because we haven't done any Star Wars stuff yet and we don't want to wait till the end of the trip to do that. Plus if we have a day of bad luck, I want to be able to try again for the big rides there. We do have hoppers. Maybe Epcot won't be so bad as long as we rope drop? Then if it gets crazy in the afternoon maybe we could hop to HS. Decisions, decisions.

That’s hard, but I would just leave as is. It’s crowded and it will be what it will be, even if Epcot is crowded it will be fun, and if you can hope one day you’ll be good!

Have so much fun at universal we did it last year for the first time, and really enjoyed the lack of planning needed 🤣

Looking like a quick trip for us May 4-7, but still really excited!

I am struggling a bit with park days, and where to stay.

We will have 3ish days, but my husband won’t arrive till later Friday. Ideally solo with 2 kids is easiest for me at MK, but I know he won’t want to miss MK, so trying to pick what park to do Friday morning, I’m leaning Epcot, and pool. But could be convinced to do AK.

Kids are 4/8 and I know DD8 would want to do Everest and FoP and DD4 isn’t tall enough so that could be a bummer, and I know HS is out since she would want to do RnR.

Could also do 2 MK days and skip AK all together…. Do Friday MK/Epcot, Saturday HS/MK Sunday AK….

As I’m typing this I’m wondering if I should move my days and do 5-8 and have the kids miss 2 days of school but then get all the park time with my husband.
I always vote more days and the kids are young enough to miss school with very little disruption. If you decide against it then I think AK is skippable. We plan to park hop there only for Everest and Fop.

I think as big as Epcot is that it won’t feel too crowded. Even on a Friday during Food and Wine it can be managed. Hoppers will be your best friend too! Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter