"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're a much stronger person than I am!

With a 7am EMH opening they will only open the gates around 6:50am at the most. You will probably be one of the first ones there if you arrive 6:30am!
We've rope dropped and stayed through to the very end of the party, kids 8 and 3 at the time. It was ABSOLUTELY exhausting but I would do it again!

I'm so torn with some MVMCP plans and need some advice, please!

I have a dessert party booked for our MVMCP night on 11/26. It will be a busy night given it's the Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend so I think the dessert party makes sense for us. I *may* have spots booked for both the Plaza Viewing and the Tomorrowland Terrace viewing and obviously can't keep both!

The pros of the plaza viewing are that it's cheaper and in front of the castle view (although that's less important for wishes, we've never seen holiday wishes). The cons are that it's standing for the fireworks and not protected from the elements in case of rain/drizzle. The pros of the Tomorrowland terrace are the covered seating where we can rest during the fireworks and the cons are the price and the side view. I have a disney grump for a husband so I think he would appreciate to sit and watch the fireworks.

Of note, we plan on watching the 8:30 parade near the main street train station (we'll be standing around for that for a while!) so we will get to the party a little after 9 once the parade ends (I assume it will end at about 9 by the time it reaches us??). At that time I am worried that the good seats for the terrace will be gone and we'll be under the overhang and not be able to see fireworks!! BUT, on the other hand, if we get there a little after 9, we'll have to scarf our desserts down quickly (or bring a to go container with us, lol!) to get to the plaza viewing area! We want to do the 1st parade viewing because we have little ones (3 kids, ages 4, 4, and 6) and I'm worried they might not last through the 2nd parade. Amy I crazy to try and do both the early parade and the fireworks party???

My gut tells me to do the plaza viewing and drop the Tomorrowland terrace option, but I don't know why I'm so torn! What would you all do?

Last edited:
I'll shoot for 6:50 then. We'll see how I'm feeling halfway through the day. I might be like this:

8ba4b0e6437f41ff4ce153824ac2c7af065f1158d5b211f5f09faed5967f1e1f.jpg
That's exactly how I'm scared I'm gonna be by 9pm at the party! My little sister already has a plan and knows where the Starbucks is if the situation gets desperate :rotfl2:

I am having so much fun reading everyone’s replies!

@monique5 you are amazing for doing this thread and all of the gobs of info you keep updating- thank you!!

Does anyone know if AK has anything christmassy? (I know probably not much, but wondering if there’s anything to keep an eye out for! Like I think Mickey meets in his holiday safari outfit?)

Will Epcot start anything prior to Nov 19?

And when might the Grand Floridian have their gingerbread house up? Hoping we can catch it!!

Thanks everyone!!

Yay!!
So excited!!!
party:

That's exactly how I'm scared I'm gonna be by 9pm at the party! My little sister already has a plan and knows where the Starbucks is if the situation gets desperate :rotfl2:

Well, I know all of the Starbucks locations too. :rotfl:Also, it's the perfect place for free water & its tastes good. :drinking1And if on Dining Plan, 3 cake pops instead of 1. Aaaaannnnd I'm ready for a new Starbucks mug! :dancer:

I am having so much fun reading everyone’s replies!

@monique5 you are amazing for doing this thread and all of the gobs of info you keep updating- thank you!!

Does anyone know if AK has anything christmassy? (I know probably not much, but wondering if there’s anything to keep an eye out for! Like I think Mickey meets in his holiday safari outfit?)

Will Epcot start anything prior to Nov 19?

And when might the Grand Floridian have their gingerbread house up? Hoping we can catch it!!

Thanks everyone!!

Yay!!
So excited!!!
party:

AK, yes! The Christmas tree there is amazing. Typically a PP there too. Mickey & Minnie meet in Holiday Attire @ AK during the holidays.

Gingerbread house should be up week before Thanksgiving.

UPDATE

Impacts to entertainment during Disney Parks TV Specials production

Friday November 3 - Disney's Hollywood Studios

Shooting at the Studios will take place on Sunset Blvd throughout the day, and as a result, showtimes for Beauty and the Beast will be changed. Check times guides for the latest, but likely showtimes are 11am, 1pm, 2pm, 5pm and 6pm.

Saturday November 4 - Disney's Animal Kingdom

At Disney's Animal Kingdom, Winged Encounters, Tree of Life Awakenings, Discovery Island Carnivale, Viva Gaia Street Band! and Sunset Serenatas will not be available.

Friday November 3 through Tuesday November 7 at the Magic Kingdom
Although shooting takes place November 5 - 7 at the Magic Kingdom, staging and other work will prevent some shows from taking place.

Friday
No performance of the welcome show - Let the Magic Begin.

Saturday
No performance of the welcome show - Let the Magic Begin or Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire.

Sunday
No performance of the welcome show - Let the Magic Begin, Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire, Move It! Shake It! Dance & Play It! Street Party and Once Upon a Time

Monday
No performance of the welcome show - Let the Magic Begin, Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire, Once Upon a Time.

Tuesday
No performance of the welcome show - Let the Magic Begin, Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire, Once Upon a Time.

UPDATE

Impacts to entertainment during Disney Parks TV Specials production

Friday November 3 - Disney's Hollywood Studios

Shooting at the Studios will take place on Sunset Blvd throughout the day, and as a result, showtimes for Beauty and the Beast will be changed. Check times guides for the latest, but likely showtimes are 11am, 1pm, 2pm, 5pm and 6pm.

Saturday November 4 - Disney's Animal Kingdom

At Disney's Animal Kingdom, Winged Encounters, Tree of Life Awakenings, Discovery Island Carnivale, Viva Gaia Street Band! and Sunset Serenatas will not be available.

Friday November 3 through Tuesday November 7 at the Magic Kingdom
Although shooting takes place November 5 - 7 at the Magic Kingdom, staging and other work will prevent some shows from taking place.

Friday
No performance of the welcome show - Let the Magic Begin.

Saturday
No performance of the welcome show - Let the Magic Begin or Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire.

Sunday
No performance of the welcome show - Let the Magic Begin, Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire, Move It! Shake It! Dance & Play It! Street Party and Once Upon a Time

Monday

Tuesday
I shared this on the November thread. Hope that's ok!

Do we know anything yet about holiday treats available for party or during regular hours at MK?

I'm so torn with some MVMCP plans and need some advice, please!

I have a dessert party booked for our MVMCP night on 11/26. It will be a busy night given it's the Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend so I think the dessert party makes sense for us. I *may* have spots booked for both the Plaza Viewing and the Tomorrowland Terrace viewing and obviously can't keep both!

The pros of the plaza viewing are that it's cheaper and in front of the castle view (although that's less important for wishes, we've never seen holiday wishes). The cons are that it's standing for the fireworks and not protected from the elements in case of rain/drizzle. The pros of the Tomorrowland terrace are the covered seating where we can rest during the fireworks and the cons are the price and the side view. I have a disney grump for a husband so I think he would appreciate to sit and watch the fireworks.

Of note, we plan on watching the 8:30 parade near the main street train station (we'll be standing around for that for a while!) so we will get to the party a little after 9 once the parade ends (I assume it will end at about 9 by the time it reaches us??). At that time I am worried that the good seats for the terrace will be gone and we'll be under the overhang and not be able to see fireworks!! BUT, on the other hand, if we get there a little after 9, we'll have to scarf our desserts down quickly (or bring a to go container with us, lol!) to get to the plaza viewing area! We want to do the 1st parade viewing because we have little ones (3 kids, ages 4, 4, and 6) and I'm worried they might not last through the 2nd parade. Amy I crazy to try and do both the early parade and the fireworks party???

My gut tells me to do the plaza viewing and drop the Tomorrowland terrace option, but I don't know why I'm so torn! What would you all do?
I’ve done both parties / views. Do the garden. It’s a million times better. Plus, there’s so few people, most sit in the grass, so you’re still seated. And you still get a seat on the terrace for your desserts. All tables are NOT created equal on the terrace and many have obstructed views. Every view in the garden is near-perfect. Plus, it’s cheaper!! Win-win-win!!

We are going to the first party next Thursday night. We are so excited. This will be our first trip at Christmas time. I know the first party is sold out. Any idea what the crowd will be like? Will it be manageable?

Also, my dd has Celiac and is limited on what she can eat. Does anyone know if there are GF treats available?

We have tickets to the first parade at MK on 11/10. We went four years ago with my son and it was simply amazing for all of us. This year we'll have more family members and my twin girls with us. What time is recommended for lining up for Main St seats? I remember last time we sat for a few hours but I don't remember when we started to wait. We had curbside seats and it was incredible.

I’ve done both parties / views. Do the garden. It’s a million times better. Plus, there’s so few people, most sit in the grass, so you’re still seated. And you still get a seat on the terrace for your desserts. All tables are NOT created equal on the terrace and many have obstructed views. Every view in the garden is near-perfect. Plus, it’s cheaper!! Win-win-win!!
I agree. Did this for MNSSHP.

I agree. Did this for MNSSHP.

Thanks. I appreciate the feedback! Since you did this recently for MNSSHP, did you watch the first parade prior to the dessert party? I’m wondering if it’s unrealistic for us to do both the 1st parade and then head straight to the dessert party?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter