"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
So originally I wasn't planning on doing MVMCP.... we're having an adults-only trip for our anniversary. We've never done MVMCP before but this is a SHORT trip. So do I do our MK day on a day without a party and plan on resort time/DS in the evening or do I save some money overall and buy MVMCP tickets and only do MK for MVMCP??? I can't decide! :(

So originally I wasn't planning on doing MVMCP.... we're having an adults-only trip for our anniversary. We've never done MVMCP before but this is a SHORT trip. So do I do our MK day on a day without a party and plan on resort time/DS in the evening or do I save some money overall and buy MVMCP tickets and only do MK for MVMCP??? I can't decide! :(
I would think it depends what in mk you are looking to do - also keep in mind day of party you can enter at 4pm with mvmcp ticket even though party doesn't officially start until 7

I would think it depends what in mk you are looking to do - also keep in mind day of party you can enter at 4pm with mvmcp ticket even though party doesn't officially start until 7

Mainly rides. It's been a long time since we've gone without kids... so we're celebrating by not doing character meets, lol! But how often do you have the opportunity to do one of the special parties? So undecided.

Mainly rides. It's been a long time since we've gone without kids... so we're celebrating by not doing character meets, lol! But how often do you have the opportunity to do one of the special parties? So undecided.
I have gone twice and mixed up rides and characters each time but always watching parade and fireworks- but typically during party ride waits are much lower and during parade and fireworks almost no lines - so you could get a little of everything in if you plan right. Personally seeing snow on Main Street is something I crave now

Watching thread for updates, we will be there Dec 1-9. Excited to see details!

With the opening of Pandora, I'm guessing they won't announce the party for another week or two? I can see even MVMCP getting lost in the shuffle right now.

Here's another question, specifically for those who've done this before: if you're going to also attend the Candlelight Processional (we are), and are hoping for a specific narrator (we are!), do you buy your MVMCP tickets then hope for the best when the dining packages (we'll be doing that) and narrators are announced? Or am I wildly overplanning my 8-months-away vacation already? Because that would be just like me. :o

With the opening of Pandora, I'm guessing they won't announce the party for another week or two? I can see even MVMCP getting lost in the shuffle right now.

Here's another question, specifically for those who've done this before: if you're going to also attend the Candlelight Processional (we are), and are hoping for a specific narrator (we are!), do you buy your MVMCP tickets then hope for the best when the dining packages (we'll be doing that) and narrators are announced? Or am I wildly overplanning my 8-months-away vacation already? Because that would be just like me. :o

It's going to be difficult to try for a specific narrator. For one thing, when the narrators are first announced, there's typically a lot of TBDs (to be determined), which often take a while to get filled in. Also, narrators sometimes have to change their dates or pull out entirely. (One year I got a dining package for one of Neil Patrick Harris's dates, but then his dates got changed to 2 weeks later, and I saw Chita Rivera instead.)

It's going to be difficult to try for a specific narrator. For one thing, when the narrators are first announced, there's typically a lot of TBDs (to be determined), which often take a while to get filled in. Also, narrators sometimes have to change their dates or pull out entirely. (One year I got a dining package for one of Neil Patrick Harris's dates, but then his dates got changed to 2 weeks later, and I saw Chita Rivera instead.)
And I'll confess NPH is the one I want to see. I know my dates are historically when he's there, but I do understand absolutely nothing is written in stone.

I am hoping for a party on the 18th of Nov. It is a Sat., so I'm sure I am going to be out of luck. I guess I just hope the hours are longer that day. Will not get to the park til afternoon.

I am hoping for a party on the 18th of Nov. It is a Sat., so I'm sure I am going to be out of luck. I guess I just hope the hours are longer that day. Will not get to the park til afternoon.

Sorry, but they don't have parties on Saturdays.

I keep checking for posts in hopes someone heard anything - with the opening of fp booking for pandora disney is super quiet on a lot of promotions and announcements that typically would already be out or rumored. April is Saturday so if nothing comes out by then I am going to be jumping out of my skin - more than I already am

I'll be at the world from 11/12 - 11/17. Plan on attending MVMCP. Last one I attended was in 2010. So excited.

Hi everyone! We just scheduled our FIRST EVER Disney trip (me, husband and 5 year old daughter) for the week after thanksgiving. In looking online at the MVMCP I'm having trouble determining if it is something we need to do. I LOVE all things Christmas and really want to do it, but it's late and we have a little one that is used to going to bed around 7:30/8. Thoughts? What all does the party offer that you won't get on a regular night?

Hi everyone! We just scheduled our FIRST EVER Disney trip (me, husband and 5 year old daughter) for the week after thanksgiving. In looking online at the MVMCP I'm having trouble determining if it is something we need to do. I LOVE all things Christmas and really want to do it, but it's late and we have a little one that is used to going to bed around 7:30/8. Thoughts? What all does the party offer that you won't get on a regular night?
We went on our first trip to the MVMCP and LOVED it! Our mistake with it was we were at the Magic Kingdom at park opening and stayed until party closing. It was an extremely long day. Other than that though it was so nice. Hardly any waits for rides, the extra Christmas stuff, loved the snow on Main Street during the parade. My youngest at the time was 3 and he slept in the stroller once it got late.

Last edited:
And I'll confess NPH is the one I want to see. I know my dates are historically when he's there, but I do understand absolutely nothing is written in stone.

I think you and I are in the same boat...I will be doing MVMCP on Sun 11/26...I am planning to attend CLP on Weds 11/29 (my actual BDay)...usually this week is the week NPH attends WDW and does this CLP job...I have no problem seeing NPH again (LOVE HIM!!!) but I wanna see who the other narrators are before and after him...if its someone else of interest is scheduled (like Julie Andrews, Chita Rivera) then I would I change what night to attend CLP....but I think my schedule, for now, has me been doing CLP on the 29th due to lower crowd levels...well see what happens as details are announced...and NO, you are not over-planning your trip...LOLOL.....

John

What fun snacks did they have last year? When we went in 2016 it was cookies and cocoa but I read there were more options last year:D

What fun snacks did they have last year? When we went in 2016 it was cookies and cocoa but I read there were more options last year:D

Mostly it was just different kinds of cookies instead of only the snickerdoodles or whatever they are. And there was apple cider at some locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter