"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Magic Shots are photos taken of you in the parks and some magic is added to them later by Disney PhotoPass. All Magic Shots, animated, are part of your MM (Memory Maker/PhotoPass).

You can see this thread, Post #1, for MNSSHP Magic Shots.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...-so-scary-halloween-party-boo-to-you.3580223/

I will update this thread, Post #1 when details are released for MVMCP 2017.

Here is the list from last year's MVMCP.
  • Begin the party merry and bright with a photo at the entrance of Magic Kingdom Park, where a few jubilant favorites from “Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade” welcome you to the celebration!
  • Your favorite fashionable fairy is ready for the most wonderful time of the year. With a little yuletide pixie dust, she can appear in your photo on Main Street, U.S.A. during the party.
  • A few of the toy soldiers from “Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade” are marching through the winter wonderland in your photo at Magic Kingdom Park when you visit a photographer on Main Street, U.S.A during the party. You’ll receive a Magic Shot and an Animated Magic Shot!
  • The Kringle Crew is known for dancing merrily in a new old-fashioned way on Main Street, U.S.A, and now they’re doing the Candy Cane Twist all the way into your photo during the party when you’re rockin’ around the Magic Kingdom Park Christmas tree.
  • During the party, Jack Skellington’s ghost dog Zero from “Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas” will materialize in an Animated Magic Shot when you take a photo in front of the Haunted Mansion.
I did not do enough research last year because I missed the Zero Magic Shot!! I hope he is back this year!!!!

I was really hoping for more of an adult-oriented description. Oh well!

Please quote the entire response or read through all the pages. Additional Magic Shot info is in Post #1 too.

See Post #2434 (below) in its entirety.

Magic Shots are photos taken of you in the parks and some magic is added to them later by Disney PhotoPass. All Magic Shots, animated, are part of your MM (Memory Maker/PhotoPass).

You can see this thread, Post #1, for MNSSHP Magic Shots.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...-so-scary-halloween-party-boo-to-you.3580223/

I will update this thread, Post #1 when details are released for MVMCP 2017.

Here is the list from last year's MVMCP.
  • Begin the party merry and bright with a photo at the entrance of Magic Kingdom Park, where a few jubilant favorites from “Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade” welcome you to the celebration!
  • Your favorite fashionable fairy is ready for the most wonderful time of the year. With a little yuletide pixie dust, she can appear in your photo on Main Street, U.S.A. during the party.
  • A few of the toy soldiers from “Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade” are marching through the winter wonderland in your photo at Magic Kingdom Park when you visit a photographer on Main Street, U.S.A during the party. You’ll receive a Magic Shot and an Animated Magic Shot!
  • The Kringle Crew is known for dancing merrily in a new old-fashioned way on Main Street, U.S.A, and now they’re doing the Candy Cane Twist all the way into your photo during the party when you’re rockin’ around the Magic Kingdom Park Christmas tree.

• During the party, Jack Skellington’s ghost dog Zero from “Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas” will materialize in an Animated Magic Shot when you take a photo in front of the Haunted Mansion.

What time does the Jungle Cruise typically switch to the Jingle Cruise? Touring Plans is also throwing me off by having the Frozen lighting show at 7:30 instead of 8:15. I wonder why they set it at those hours. Eagerly waiting for the first party so I can get more info on exact times and locations of things.

What time does the Jungle Cruise typically switch to the Jingle Cruise? Touring Plans is also throwing me off by having the Frozen lighting show at 7:30 instead of 8:15. I wonder why they set it at those hours. Eagerly waiting for the first party so I can get more info on exact times and locations of things.

Ahh, nevermind. It's a permanent overlay. Makes more sense.

I just made plans to join DH in Orlando when he is there in a few weeks for work and we decided to go to the Christmas Party. Go to look today and it is sold out on 11/9...the only date we can go. Has anyone had luck finding tickets elsewhere in the past...3rd party site or eBay? Would love any suggestions!

I just made plans to join DH in Orlando when he is there in a few weeks for work and we decided to go to the Christmas Party. Go to look today and it is sold out on 11/9...the only date we can go. Has anyone had luck finding tickets elsewhere in the past...3rd party site or eBay? Would love any suggestions!
Maybe at your hotel, if you're staying on-site, day of? No personal experience just seen people mention this as a last ditch resort when desperate.

Sorry if this has been addressed earlier in the thread--I've only read parts of it. Is there a listing of the dates when last year's sold out parties sold out? We have three party days to choose from between Dec. 14 and Dec. 18, but I am worried about rain. We want to a MNSSHP last month and it rained most of the night. It did impact the party, but we still had fun. The weather will be colder in December, and rain will feel cold by then.

I've heard a few of you mention a "pre-show" to the parade. What exactly does this entail and when does it start? Thanks!
Cast members will come along the parade route playing ball with the crowds, asking everyone if we're ready, sometimes a character or two will join.

Sorry if this has been addressed earlier in the thread--I've only read parts of it. Is there a listing of the dates when last year's sold out parties sold out? We have three party days to choose from between Dec. 14 and Dec. 18, but I am worried about rain. We want to a MNSSHP last month and it rained most of the night. It did impact the party, but we still had fun. The weather will be colder in December, and rain will feel cold by then.

See Post #3

Thank you! Is there a better day to go given the choices of Dec. 14,15, or 17 in regards to anticipated crowds?

Just purchased tickets for my first ever party on 12/3! I'm so excited. Now to spend my work day reading this entire thread and looking for ugly Christmas sweaters to wear!
We're attending that day too. My daughter's 16th birthday and our first time going this time of year and first MVMCP. We're psyched.

The party on Nov 26, the Sunday after Thanksgiving, has been listed as one of the top busiest parties (unable to currently find the source), and our other possible date is Nov 28, which was ranked waaaaay lower on this "elusive" list.

However, practically every other post on here is someone saying they just got their party tickets for the 28th! It seems like everyone read the same article and have been steered away from the 26th.

Which party would you choose and why?

ETA: Just did a quick scan back 30 pages.....4 going on the 26th, and 9 for the 28th.

Last edited:
IMO, everyone should go at least once. However, I know PP have things to consider like age of kids, cost of family, etc., so answer might not be so simple. I think the parade looks better at night, different effects, seeing it in the daytime later on was quite different, and there isn't the pre-show. It snows on Main St. during the party, before/after parade??, end of party. I am not aware of snow during Christmas/NY week. We leave 2D after Christmas like we have in the past so I've never been there through NY --- not something I really research o_O.

Thanks for your help! I'll continue to mull it over, no doubt I'll end up giving in and buying tickets in the end so the more things that are exclusive to the party the better

Is Holiday Wishes good? Better than the original Wishes was?

The party on Nov 26, the Sunday after Thanksgiving, has been listed as one of the top busiest parties (unable to currently find the source), and our other possible date is Nov 28, which was ranked waaaaay lower on this "elusive" list.

However, practically every other post on here is someone saying they just got their party tickets for the 28th! It seems like everyone read the same article and have been steered away from the 26th.

Which party would you choose and why?

ETA: Just did a quick scan back 30 pages.....4 going on the 26th, and 9 for the 28th.

Just my two cents but i feel like for every person on these message boards going to Disney, there's 5 or maybe even 10, 20 that either don't know about these boards or just don't go on them. I think it's hard to base it going off that alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter