Official MINIVAN Car Rental Thread*****

Muddy Rivers

DIS Veteran
Let's try something new. I am subscribed to the monthly Official Car Rental threads. They are very helpful at times but it seems that most people rent much smaller cars than a minivan and the fabulous codes posted don't always apply to minivans. Let's post here anything pertaining to minivan rentals.

Just rented a minivan pickup at Las Vegas and drop off at LAX (Disneyland trip this time) with Enterprise. 13 days was $851 (using a 10% Entertainment coupon) with all fees and taxes included.

Has anyone had experience with Enterprise? Not sure about the quality of their vehicles. Any comments would be appreciated. :)

Let's try something new. I am subscribed to the monthly Official Car Rental threads. They are very helpful at times but it seems that most people rent much smaller cars than a minivan and the fabulous codes posted don't always apply to minivans. Let's post here anything pertaining to minivan rentals.

Just rented a minivan pickup at Las Vegas and drop off at LAX (Disneyland trip this time) with Enterprise. 13 days was $851 (using a 10% Entertainment coupon) with all fees and taxes included.

Has anyone had experience with Enterprise? Not sure about the quality of their vehicles. Any comments would be appreciated. :)

I rent from Enterprise on a few times per year basis.

Despite the somewhat "caution" comments that the woman who runs Mousesavers puts on her Web site, I have only once had a problem with Enterprise and that was some 15 years ago at BUR when the car I was given had a scratch on it and I insisted it be documented and the attendant refused.

I then refused to take the car. It was a bit of a stand-off until she gave in with exasperation and noted it on the documents. Don't know what her issue was.

Latest Enterprise rental was a few months ago in Colorado and had absolutely no problems.

The Enterprise business model revolves attempting to hire recent college graduates and grooming them into possible management positions. These "kids" are often perky, enthusiastic, etc. A change from those folks you often see behind the counter.

Having said that, with Enterprise's expansion from neighborhood locales into airports/resorts, they can't always keep to that mission and you see the typical rental car attendants there.

So, I would not stress over Enterprise. Right now they are giving me the best rate for my minivan rental in April.

They are a sister of Alamo and National, so, you can def. use an National Emerald Club membership and corporate ID with Enterprise, but I don't think Alamo insider works....A caution, with my minivan in April, using my Emerald discount raised the Enterprise rate SIGNIFICANTLY....so I left my Emerald code out of the deal. ;)

BTW -- Can anyone direct me to the monthly Official Car Rental threads that Muddy Rivers mentions?

I am just referring to the threads (probably shouldn't have said boards) on the Transportation forum entitled "May 2014 Car Rentals" or similar.

Thank you so much for the reassurance for Enterprise. Their rate is significantly less than others for a minivan in June.

If you are looking now for rental you will find that they are high. The closer you get to your trip the price will drop a lot.

If you are looking now for rental you will find that they are high. The closer you get to your trip the price will drop a lot.

Normally true, but not always.

Find the cheapest, acceptable, rental you can today. Book it and look to better it over the weeks.

Currently $27.31 per day for my 7-passenger with Enterprise.

Picking up in st Pete, dropping off in Orlando, $165. Taxes in. April 9-20. Mini vans can't be in big demand there.

Picking up in St Pete, dropping off in Orlando, April 9-20. $165 taxes in. Mini vans must not be in demand there. A full size car for same time was over $600.

Minivans are way cheap on Dollar right now! At least for end of April. Click on City Specials.

Best minivan rate Was with Priceline. 252.00 for 10 days taxes and all. Ended up with Alamo. 2 nod best was with Avis a last minute deal 179 for a week one way drop off to port canaveral

Best minivan rate Was with Priceline. 252.00 for 10 days taxes and all. Ended up with Alamo. 2 nod best was with Avis a last minute deal 179 for a week one way drop off to port canaveral

If you use Priceline with Alamo, can you still avoid the counter and go straight to the garage?

Thanks.

We checked in at the national counter because we checked. In set Tampa. I was not sure of the protocol. It's was a fast processj

I have a minivan booked with E-Z Rent-A-Car (our third time booking with them - they always seem to end up the cheapest) for pick-up/drop-off at MCO from June 6th to June 14th. My total price, after a 20% coupon code (one time use only, so I can't share it), is $320. That's more than I want to pay, but I'm hoping rates will come down as June gets closer.

We are arriving at MCO in early August, and prefer to do pickup/drop off at MCO.

Can anyone suggest what company to rent from? What would I be looking at for 1 week minivan rental?

Thanks

Just reserved through Ebates, then Orbitz, then Budget a minivan for 1050 miles from June 6th through June 12th for $250.82 total.
Just added a coupon code and got it down to $220!

Budget car rental through Orbitz. I used coupon code W852873. Hope this helps someone else too. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter