***Official November 2013 - Part II*** (that's right....we're that popular!)

Rejoice, we return in February but don't check in until the 23rd. Also we're only staying 3 nights. We'll be using the last 2 days of our 10 day non expire tickets. This will be our first stay in years that we arrive by car rather than airline because we've tagged these Disney days on following a one week stay on Sanibel Island. So I was able to comfortably make an ADR for my favorite Signature WDW dining which is Flying Fish Cafe for our arrival day. We're going to be in Epcot on Monday and Animal Kingdom on Tuesday. Wednesday morning we have to check out but I booked a late afternoon flight back to MI so we'll probably have a late breakfast and then a late lunch at DTD before returning to POFQ to board the ME.

I'm actually thinking about a solo trip the last week of September when DH is booked to be out of state with other plans of his own. I don't mind dining alone, going to movies alone etc. but am not sure if I can justify the expense of the trip and I know I would have to ask for help for things such as putting my carry-on bag in the overhead compartment of the plane. But the thought of being able to do things on my own time schedule (I'm usually waiting for DH to get ready to leave the room in the morning) is quite appealing and I love all the trip planning details. I've got 48-50 days to decide if I want to call to see about a bounce-back for that Sept. trip. I'd be there for the beginning of F & W which would be a new experience for me.

Rejoice, are you talking about checking out Tom Sawyer island? If so yu should, it's relaxing to sit on the porch of the old restaurant, watch the boat go by....you can explore the caves and fort but there might be lots of wild kids :) just start at one end and meander.....we didn't take the time last. Is it but have buoyed in the past! Have a great trip

I have absolutely no idea what this is and how do you get over to it? Do you take the boat or is there a path? As I said as many times as I've been to MK I've never for some reason gone over. I had it confused with the Swiss Family tree house.
So ya will be meandering from one end to the other. Nope, no caves or fort especially if there are lots of kids. I'm a bit uncomfortable in tight spaces too so that doesn't sound like fun.
Is it big? What kind of places are there over there? How much time should I expect to do a slow meander?

That's funny you said you're avoiding DTD for Super Bowl Sunday. We went one year and our arrival day was Super Bowl Sunday- not planned, but when I figured it out I booked dinner at Planet Hollywood. It was so so much fun and great service and food. We were actually disappointed this past trip with Planet Hollywood since it was a Tues. night and service was very lacking, especially compared to a busy special night. I think the day after the Super Bowl players from the winning team will be in a parade at MK so you can check that out!

I'd be a little more excited to go over to Planet Hollywood if I was with someone, but the night my husband and I went over to DTD to just walk and shop it was crazy crazy busy and loud. So I imagine it will be the same.
I think if I go over I will go in the morning to shop and have lunch at Earl or Ghiardelli. :) Well see. I'm more comfortable being over at MK since I'll be solo.

Rejoice, we return in February but don't check in until the 23rd. Also we're only staying 3 nights. We'll be using the last 2 days of our 10 day non expire tickets. This will be our first stay in years that we arrive by car rather than airline because we've tagged these Disney days on following a one week stay on Sanibel Island. So I was able to comfortably make an ADR for my favorite Signature WDW dining which is Flying Fish Cafe for our arrival day. We're going to be in Epcot on Monday and Animal Kingdom on Tuesday. Wednesday morning we have to check out but I booked a late afternoon flight back to MI so we'll probably have a late breakfast and then a late lunch at DTD before returning to POFQ to board the ME.

I'm actually thinking about a solo trip the last week of September when DH is booked to be out of state with other plans of his own. I don't mind dining alone, going to movies alone etc. but am not sure if I can justify the expense of the trip and I know I would have to ask for help for things such as putting my carry-on bag in the overhead compartment of the plane. But the thought of being able to do things on my own time schedule (I'm usually waiting for DH to get ready to leave the room in the morning) is quite appealing and I love all the trip planning details. I've got 48-50 days to decide if I want to call to see about a bounce-back for that Sept. trip. I'd be there for the beginning of F & W which would be a new experience for me.

We had ADRs at Flying Fish but decided to change it when we were there in November because we were over on our TS meals. We tried Cape May instead. It was good and we are glad we went but not our favorite. Same with LeCellier. We liked it but I guess we are more simple and didn't see the big deal of LeCellier. Loved Crystal Palace buffet. And loved 1900 Park Fare. The variety of foods was appealing. We also liked Tony's and I loved the atmosphere at BOG.
I don't plan to do many TS meals since I"m alone and I also found the TS meals took more time away from my meandering. ;)

My friends keep encouraging me to do this solo trip. One friend recently went to Hawaii alone and said she learned so much about herself and was super glad she did it. I was able to get the 25% off my room so for the price of the room, I couldn't get away here for less than that price without it being an ok hotel. Besides the warmer weather is really appealing. ::yes::

I changed the picture on my Disney Visa to be Tinker Bell. I'm hoping that my time alone will be filled with Pixie Dust even if small.
The part that makes me most nervous is the thought of maybe not feeling good and being alone. But that is my hope for pixie dust that being on my own schedule I'll have tons of energy.
Yes I had to wait for DH most mornings when we went in November. He wasn't comprehending that although we took our time getting up, I wasn't planning on waiting until noon to go where we needed to go. And having ADRs at lunch or a FP+ late morning, was stressful to make sure we were there.
None of that this time. You watch I'll be up at 6am ready to go, but that's ok too cause I don't mind coming back for a nap which the way the days were laid out between my friends wishes and my DH, in addition to mine, we were on the go and didn't get back in the afternoon.

Again thanks for talking to me about the trip because this is getting me excited. :banana: Kathy Z bummer we are there at opposite ends of the month.

I guess maybe tonight I could consider packing. ;)
eh, I still rather get the Christmas decorations bubble wrapped and put away. I might need the packing time to cheer me up on another day.
I got a lot accomplished today and I'm pooped.

Thanks everyone. You are the best.
hugs, Joyce

Wow I just heard that Florida is also in this cold front Artic cold polar whatever it's called. LOL They have temps of 34 down there.
I feel bad for people that went thinking they were escaping the cold.

The weather up here was reporting -14 in Central Massachusetts. Yikes.
I'm sure our Canadian friends are saying "so", but we haven't seen this kind of cold in a long time.

And of course the news reports that JetBlue is having all kinds of problems and have been cancelling lots of flights. Of course that is my airline.

Thankfully all this will be very different next month when I go.
Wishing you all a warm and fuzzy day.

25 days to go! Wow seems super soon.
:dance3:

Wow I just heard that Florida is also in this cold front Artic cold polar whatever it's called. LOL They have temps of 34 down there. I feel bad for people that went thinking they were escaping the cold. The weather up here was reporting -14 in Central Massachusetts. Yikes. I'm sure our Canadian friends are saying "so", but we haven't seen this kind of cold in a long time. And of course the news reports that JetBlue is having all kinds of problems and have been cancelling lots of flights. Of course that is my airline. Thankfully all this will be very different next month when I go. Wishing you all a warm and fuzzy day. 25 days to go! Wow seems super soon. :dance3:
I'm in Ontario Canada and right now our temperature is -11 but with windchill it is -38. I can't believe that it's almost possible for it to actually snow on Main Street! I can't even imagine what it must be like to be there right now .

Sent from my iPod touch using DISBoards

I'm in Ontario Canada and right now our temperature is -11 but with windchill it is -38. I can't believe that it's almost possible for it to actually snow on Main Street! I can't even imagine what it must be like to be there right now .

Sent from my iPod touch using DISBoards

Yikes on the -38 with windchill. :scared1:
I should clarify the windchill is bringing it down to -14.
Yes I don't know how you do it. I'd be in most of the winter. Then again I don't go far in winter as it is.
I made my husband wear a hat and scarf today. LOL And at least pack gloves. He was laughing but I know he will appreciate me if he has to get out of his car for any reason.

Ya that would be weird if they did actually get real snow instead of "snoap" on Main street this week. The thing is they have no way to shut it off. I don't think it would stick for them though cause the ground is too warm.

Here in Ann Arbor, MI, our current air temperature at 10 am is all the way up to - 10 degrees and our "real feel" with wind factored in is - 34 degrees. In addition to that we've received just over 20" of snow since January 1st and it just keeps blowing and drifting over many of the roads. I'm semi-hibernating inside our condo listening to the furnace running almost continuously and grateful that we at least have warm shelter and food and will be able to pay our sure to be largest utility bill of all time when it arrives :scared1:

The last day of school for our district was December 20th and students are still home. School was scheduled to resume yesterday but too many roads were not yet plowed and they're closed again today due to the extreme cold temperatures. Even the nearby ski slopes are closed due to this polar vortex making it too dangerous to be outdoors more than a few minutes at a time. When ski slopes, grocery stores and malls shut down or open late and close early you know it is really COLD!

Here in Ann Arbor, MI, our current air temperature at 10 am is all the way up to - 10 degrees and our "real feel" with wind factored in is - 34 degrees. In addition to that we've received just over 20" of snow since January 1st and it just keeps blowing and drifting over many of the roads. I'm semi-hibernating inside our condo listening to the furnace running almost continuously and grateful that we at least have warm shelter and food and will be able to pay our sure to be largest utility bill of all time when it arrives :scared1:

The last day of school for our district was December 20th and students are still home. School was scheduled to resume yesterday but too many roads were not yet plowed and they're closed again today due to the extreme cold temperatures. Even the nearby ski slopes are closed due to this polar vortex making it too dangerous to be outdoors more than a few minutes at a time. When ski slopes, grocery stores and malls shut down or open late and close early you know it is really COLD!

Polar Vortex!!! That's what they are calling it. :lmao:
Ya our -14 was windchill so I'm grateful not to be more north or west to all this.

I figure I'll pack "prepared" for 34 degrees in Florida and that should secure the 60 and above for Florida. :) I'm feeling a challenge to be prepared.
So much for my thoughts of packing light being only 4 days.

One of my daughter's friends just moved to Miami from Ohio a couple of months ago. She got a message from the kids school last night saying to make sure the kids are dressed for the cold. It's was all of 50 there this morning. She put them in long pants and sweat shirts and walked with them to school. Someone offered them a ride cause it was too cold to walk. She declined saying she was used to this as Ohio was much colder. I warned her that she might get a note from the school for not dressing her children appropriately. LOL

One of my daughter's friends just moved to Miami from Ohio a couple of months ago. She got a message from the kids school last night saying to make sure the kids are dressed for the cold. It's was all of 50 there this morning. She put them in long pants and sweat shirts and walked with them to school. Someone offered them a ride cause it was too cold to walk. She declined saying she was used to this as Ohio was much colder. I warned her that she might get a note from the school for not dressing her children appropriately. LOL

This is absolutely hysterical!

Giggles! I accept the challenge to visit Florida for vacation in 50 degree weather. The below zero wind chill is getting to me tonight. I'm inside but my nose is cold/dripping and my feet are freezing! I have the shoulder scrunch pain from the cold feeling on my back. Time for another layer.

Giggles! I accept the challenge to visit Florida for vacation in 50 degree weather. The below zero wind chill is getting to me tonight. I'm inside but my nose is cold/dripping and my feet are freezing! I have the shoulder scrunch pain from the cold feeling on my back. Time for another layer.

I'm wearing my Tinkerbell thermal underwear, jeans & a Disney sweatshirt. I was just outside walking my sons dogs at his house. I am such a good mother. But the pay back is, we deliver more of his stuff every time he asks us to do this. LOL. He moved out in September, but hasn't gotten a lot out of our place yet. I want my sewing room back. It's been 2 1/2 years wait.

I'm wearing my Tinkerbell thermal underwear, jeans & a Disney sweatshirt. I was just outside walking my sons dogs at his house. I am such a good mother. But the pay back is, we deliver more of his stuff every time he asks us to do this. LOL. He moved out in September, but hasn't gotten a lot out of our place yet. I want my sewing room back. It's been 2 1/2 years wait.

LOL my son shares his room with me as he is in college and I do my sewing in there when he isn't home. But unfortunately he has to put up with all my "Stuff" when he is home. I could use some tinkerbell thermal underwear. My legs are cold.

I just changed the picture on my Disney Visa to Tinkerbell. I decided since my trip is a solo trip, Tink was the theme. Pixie dust pixiedust: come my way in 2014!!!!

Guess I should look for a new Tink shirt. The one I have fits snugger than I like. I kick myself because I had some Tink sew on decals in my hand in a clearance section of a fabric store back in the fall, but I decided to put them back. grrrr

Ok I think the only way I'm warming up is to get to bed.
Resting up.
25 days to go!:cheer2:

LOL my son shares his room with me as he is in college and I do my sewing in there when he isn't home. But unfortunately he has to put up with all my "Stuff" when he is home. I could use some tinkerbell thermal underwear. My legs are cold.

I just changed the picture on my Disney Visa to Tinkerbell. I decided since my trip is a solo trip, Tink was the theme. Pixie dust pixiedust: come my way in 2014!!!!

Guess I should look for a new Tink shirt. The one I have fits snugger than I like. I kick myself because I had some Tink sew on decals in my hand in a clearance section of a fabric store back in the fall, but I decided to put them back. grrrr

Ok I think the only way I'm warming up is to get to bed.
Resting up.
25 days to go!:cheer2:

I have Tinkerbell stickers on my motorcycle & my helmet. I also have stickers on the helmet that say " I'll Never Grow Up! " & " I Only Look Sweet & Innocent! " I have lots of Tinkerbell shirts, sweatshirts & hats, too. I got some large Tinkerbell Patches at Joann Fabrics that I want to sew onto the back of my motorcycle jackets, too. Got some Mickey patches for DH for his jackets.

We aren't going down to WDW till the end of March. It seems soooo far away with it being so cold right now.

I tried to put a picture of me with Peter Pan on my bank VISA and the wouldn't let me because he is licensed by Disney. Go figure. I ended up cropping him out & just using my picture. Get lots of comments about how they know it's really my card.

I have Tinkerbell stickers on my motorcycle & my helmet. I also have stickers on the helmet that say " I'll Never Grow Up! " & " I Only Look Sweet & Innocent! " I have lots of Tinkerbell shirts, sweatshirts & hats, too. I got some large Tinkerbell Patches at Joann Fabrics that I want to sew onto the back of my motorcycle jackets, too. Got some Mickey patches for DH for his jackets.

We aren't going down to WDW till the end of March. It seems soooo far away with it being so cold right now.

I tried to put a picture of me with Peter Pan on my bank VISA and the wouldn't let me because he is licensed by Disney. Go figure. I ended up cropping him out & just using my picture. Get lots of comments about how they know it's really my card.

Sounds like you need to switch to a Disney Visa so you can get the Disney pictures and rewards points. ;)
But ya the whole picture of yourself on the Visa is probably safer. I've found that too many places now don't bother to check the signature. Spent over $100 at a store and they never even blinked to check the card at all.

Funny that DH is willing to do the Mickey on his jacket. Mine has the golf shirts with the tiny mickey and the last trip we got a sweatshirt cause I was cold, so I bought something he would like and he wears that. But nothing that screams Disney. He's what I'll refer to as a reserved lover of Disney.

I hope the 2 of us get to go back in 2015. I'll be pushing it if I ask for this Fall.

Sounds like you need to switch to a Disney Visa so you can get the Disney pictures and rewards points. ;)
But ya the whole picture of yourself on the Visa is probably safer. I've found that too many places now don't bother to check the signature. Spent over $100 at a store and they never even blinked to check the card at all.

Funny that DH is willing to do the Mickey on his jacket. Mine has the golf shirts with the tiny mickey and the last trip we got a sweatshirt cause I was cold, so I bought something he would like and he wears that. But nothing that screams Disney. He's what I'll refer to as a reserved lover of Disney.

I hope the 2 of us get to go back in 2015. I'll be pushing it if I ask for this Fall.

My DH would tell you he goes to Disney for me and the kids, yet at the Christmas Party, he was going on rides by himself while I stayed with the sleeping kids, and he got himself two t-shirts and Mickey pajama pants. Doesn't sound like its quite the hardship he wants me to think it is.

Thanks for asking. I'm feeling lonely and as I opened my lonely magic band today the reality that I'm going alone is hitting. As much as I'm looking forward to the simplicity of making choices at the last minute and so on.......it would be nice to know I have something planned with someone but..........I'll have to get over it.

Right now I don't have a lot "planned" since I'm not doing a dining plan.
The day I arrive is Superbowl Sunday so that totally blows my thoughts of DTD or BW. I'm staying away from the places that would potentially be attracting the excited sports fans in order to be in a more "quiet" mode. I do plan that night to go to MK and be there for a parade. I have to scope out some benches that might potentially be a good place to sit and wait for the parade. I've never sat and watched. I've stood and I've bobbed my head to look around people, but since I don't have to worry about anyone but me I hope to find a place I can watch the parade and fireworks and just be.

I also have FP+ for Enchanted Tales with Belle late afternoon.

Then the next day is EMH in the morning at Epcot. If I don't go to bed too late, I want to get up and go to that. I'll have to look up which bakery in Epcot opens early and has breakfast things. Then midday give myself permission to go back and either take a nap or sit by the pool. I'm really hoping there is pool sitting weather. I do have a Soarin FP+ that day too.
Also want to have lunch at the take out fish place next to Rose and Crown. I believe they are the same place but made to look different. I hope to score a table near the water and enjoy some sunshine.

Then day 3, I have a later 10:30 ADR for Crystal Palace. So I can sleep a little later and go enjoy that. That will probably be the day I go check out this Tom Sawyer thing that I never have done.

I have no plans for Day 4 at this point. Depending how I'm feeling I only have a 3 day park pass right now, but I'm thinking I'll add one more day and then also add park hopping. And the reason for that is I want to go to the bus stop at some point and just take the next bus to which ever park.

So I don't have a lot of plans. Hope to get to my ADRs but I'm not worried about it.
I was thinking on Day 4 to try to get into BOG for lunch, but I'm not sure.

with having plenty of time to just look around and meet people in lines, I'm really going to have to go by my mood.

A friend asked me yesterday if I started packing yet and I laughed. I can't decide what to bring since I really only have to pack for 4 days. I just know I'll be comfortable.

I think I saw 26 days on my phone countdown. LOL I don't have all of you telling me about your trip to get me excited. The Feb people are not the same kind of planners.

Well I guess I should go get my New Years Goal worked on. I have curtains to iron and hang in my sons room that I've neglected for months now. Between Disney and Christmas, it just wasn't a big deal. Better get moving.

Thanks so much for checking in and asking. Appreciate you thinking of me.
:love:

I finally got to read you plans now. I'm so excited for you...it just sounds SO relaxing! Let me know how Tom Sawyer is. I wanted to fit it in for my oldest because I thought he'd like it but it just takes up too much time, and it was their first trip.
I think Epcot will be so much fun solo. I could just peruse the shops alone for hours. The only shop I got to spend any time in was Japan. My daughter, only 4, got tired of the Phineas and Ferb thing and we went walking. I loved it there and they even dressed my girl up in a kimono with sash and parasol, and pulled her hair up with a hair pick and everything. So cute! One of my favorite picks. I'd probably try to grab a quick snack in each country to, just because. :)
Make sure you enjoy Crystal Palace extra for me as it is now my favorite place since our wonderful experience there. Actually, when we were there, there was a man there solo at the table across the walkway. I totally think he was enjoying watching our family. He handed us some napkins when we needed some asap so I know he was watching us, not in a stalkerish way or anything. He probably saw how excited I got when my boy finally took to Tigger.
My favorite meals were Crystal Palace, Tony's and BOG lunch! That and breakfast at Boma and dinner at 1900. O.K. so I have a lot of favorites. :rolleyes:
Are you doing HS at all or just sticking to the 2 parks?

I finally got to read you plans now. I'm so excited for you...it just sounds SO relaxing! Let me know how Tom Sawyer is. I wanted to fit it in for my oldest because I thought he'd like it but it just takes up too much time, and it was their first trip.
I think Epcot will be so much fun solo. I could just peruse the shops alone for hours. The only shop I got to spend any time in was Japan. My daughter, only 4, got tired of the Phineas and Ferb thing and we went walking. I loved it there and they even dressed my girl up in a kimono with sash and parasol, and pulled her hair up with a hair pick and everything. So cute! One of my favorite picks. I'd probably try to grab a quick snack in each country to, just because. :)
Make sure you enjoy Crystal Palace extra for me as it is now my favorite place since our wonderful experience there. Actually, when we were there, there was a man there solo at the table across the walkway. I totally think he was enjoying watching our family. He handed us some napkins when we needed some asap so I know he was watching us, not in a stalkerish way or anything. He probably saw how excited I got when my boy finally took to Tigger.
My favorite meals were Crystal Palace, Tony's and BOG lunch! That and breakfast at Boma and dinner at 1900. O.K. so I have a lot of favorites. :rolleyes:
Are you doing HS at all or just sticking to the 2 parks?

Funny you should ask about HS. I had a dream last night that I messed up my park tickets. Right now I only have 3 basic park days. So Epcot and MK were my only parks, but I was thinking of adding hopper and a 4th day so that I can hop to where I want if lines are long or if HS or AK are calling my name. It will also help if I do that for the "get on the next bus" adventure.
I know I won't spend a whole day at either of the two parks. HS didn't have a lot to hold my attention. BUT we'll see. With my previous travel companions and my trying to keep them happy, I might look at the maps and see something I want to look into. Suggestions welcome!

So the answer is not sure.

Oh and the dream was that I waited until the last day of my passes and then realized I never added the other options so now it was going to cost me a lot more money. I'm such a preplanner that I laughed when I woke up because that won't happen. The only reason I was holding back was I wanted to make sure that on Sunday when I arrive I don't decide to just hang at the resort that night. With weather issues there is a possibility part of my trip could be interrupted and why pay for a park day I don't need. Hope that makes sense.

I'm trying to keep the trip relaxing and not stress. Stuff here is challenging me enough. My son is starting to show signs of anxiety over his transition to adult 22 life. And I'm stressing because its all going to be totally on me at this point to keep things moving.

Off to resolve another Happy New Year problem. I just love insurance companies.

Funny you should ask about HS. I had a dream last night that I messed up my park tickets. Right now I only have 3 basic park days. So Epcot and MK were my only parks, but I was thinking of adding hopper and a 4th day so that I can hop to where I want if lines are long or if HS or AK are calling my name. It will also help if I do that for the "get on the next bus" adventure.
I know I won't spend a whole day at either of the two parks. HS didn't have a lot to hold my attention. BUT we'll see. With my previous travel companions and my trying to keep them happy, I might look at the maps and see something I want to look into. Suggestions welcome!

So the answer is not sure.

Oh and the dream was that I waited until the last day of my passes and then realized I never added the other options so now it was going to cost me a lot more money. I'm such a preplanner that I laughed when I woke up because that won't happen. The only reason I was holding back was I wanted to make sure that on Sunday when I arrive I don't decide to just hang at the resort that night. With weather issues there is a possibility part of my trip could be interrupted and why pay for a park day I don't need. Hope that makes sense.

I'm trying to keep the trip relaxing and not stress. Stuff here is challenging me enough. My son is starting to show signs of anxiety over his transition to adult 22 life. And I'm stressing because its all going to be totally on me at this point to keep things moving.

Off to resolve another Happy New Year problem. I just love insurance companies.

Honestly, my first instinct was to say just stick with the 2 parks as unlike most others on Disboards, it is my least favorite of the 4. Then I started rethinking it. (yes, I'm rethinking my imaginary trip) :rotfl2:, I do love RockNRoller Coaster so I might be tempted just for that ride. I don't think there are any others I would do. I'd probably get a nice close seat for Beauty and the Beast and Fantasmic. I do love 50's Prime Time too, not sure how the interaction with the cast members would go with just one person but it is not a place I would take my family. I don't think they would take kindly to strangers telling them to take their elbows off the table. : ) It would be fun to watch others there though...
I probably would not to AK without my kids, although I do love the safari.
Why don't you wait until you get there, if things work out the first night and you will need the extra park time, add a day, and only add the park hopper if you need it that last day. Then you only have to pay for park hopper for the one day.
If you do hang at POR that first night you could always check out the YeeHaw Bob show. I hear it is good, just not anything my kids would have liked to sit through, so I've never seen it.
My son has been showing a lot of anxiety lately too. Hopefully it will pass quickly because when his anxiety goes up, so does mine. :(
Good luck with your insurance stuff. I actually have to call about a charge myself. Thanks for reminding me. : )

Honestly, my first instinct was to say just stick with the 2 parks as unlike most others on Disboards, it is my least favorite of the 4. Then I started rethinking it. (yes, I'm rethinking my imaginary trip) :rotfl2:, I do love RockNRoller Coaster so I might be tempted just for that ride. I don't think there are any others I would do. I'd probably get a nice close seat for Beauty and the Beast and Fantasmic. I do love 50's Prime Time too, not sure how the interaction with the cast members would go with just one person but it is not a place I would take my family. I don't think they would take kindly to strangers telling them to take their elbows off the table. : ) It would be fun to watch others there though...
I probably would not to AK without my kids, although I do love the safari.
Why don't you wait until you get there, if things work out the first night and you will need the extra park time, add a day, and only add the park hopper if you need it that last day. Then you only have to pay for park hopper for the one day.
If you do hang at POR that first night you could always check out the YeeHaw Bob show. I hear it is good, just not anything my kids would have liked to sit through, so I've never seen it.
My son has been showing a lot of anxiety lately too. Hopefully it will pass quickly because when his anxiety goes up, so does mine. :(
Good luck with your insurance stuff. I actually have to call about a charge myself. Thanks for reminding me. : )

Ya HS doesn't have a lot. I don't honestly care about Fantasmic. The line is too long and the dark side of Disney isn't my favorite. The show is beautiful but to be up close, I would have to wait way too long in line to get that.
Not a fan of being scolded when I eat. ;) So ya probably not a choice.
Beauty and the Beast, as much as I love theater, probably not worth the ride to get there to only see that. And because of my back and I honestly don't like rollercoaster/fast things.......

So I bet there are many saying "why do you go?". There is so much more to Disney than Rollercoasters. I think I could sit in Enchanted tales with Belle all day and watch the kids faces. That is more what I enjoy. The things the kids enjoy. Not the things you close your eyes.

So overall ya probably only a couple hours would be my enjoyment and not sure it's worth adding a whole park day just to make sure I get to HS.
And then AK, it's not the safari that attracts me, It's Lion King and Nemo.
If I were to go to AK I would head right over to Nemo the Musical and then maybe Lion King. Safari, been there, done that. Not much interest in watching animals sleep, eat or just stand there. :duck:
I haven't gone to "It's a bugs life" since early 2000. I missed it this last time cause I wasn't feeling good and had to go back and take a nap. I'll have to look at that map again too.

As far as hopper, if I have my info right, it doesn't matter if I add it for one day or all days. The option is the same price. So if I add it I would add it the first day and have the option.

Ya gonna just wait and see how I do when I get there. MK is open until midnight, so depending on if my room is ready and weather, I'll decide if poolside or nap or BW or DTD for the afternoon, or do I head to MK and make a late night based on how tired I am. I think my FP+ for Enchanted tales with Belle is at 4pm and I arrive in the late morning just in time for lunch. Which I'm thinking the QS in food court at POR is what I want to check out.

Ya most of where I want to mosey is in MK or Epcot so the only way I'll get to HS or AK is if I do the Hopper. And now reading how many people had problems with their MBs, I'm nervous to make changes.

LOL Cara it's ok to live through me. I've done that many times as my guys were growing up. I had my first day of being in charge of my sons afternoon program and the thinking for him and staff made me sooo tired.

Still no resolve with the insurance. My husband is trying to go through a local contact at his office now. Complicated and it shouldn't be.

DH is just as into Disney as I am. We have done 6 Disney cruises and have 2 more booked. We own DVC. We bought on a cruise Aug 2012 and added on our November 2013 cruise. He was the one who decided we needed DVC. I've lost count how many times we've been to WDW. We started going when our son was 10 and he is 26 now. He went about 7 times. His sister is 40 and has gone only twice. All the other trips it has been just DH & me. DH will be turning 70 this April and I just turned 60 on Thanksgiving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter