***Official November 2016 Thread***

I am debating between that Sunday the 13th party and the 15th. I think the 15th would be less crowded which would be nice but the 13th would be a nice day to have as an off day since the Packers are playing at 1pm. Also, if we did the 15th then we could always do Food and Wine on the 13th which we only had three days to do because we are arriving on the 12th. The more I think about it I am leaning toward the 15th!
I say go for the 15th! If it wasnt for the fact that we'd miss a good chunk bc we arrive that evening that would have been my pick!

FYI - we went to the Christmas party on a Tuesday in November last year (the 17th, I think?). It was very crowded on main street when we first got there, but minimal lines for rides :) We didn't sit for any parades, so I can't speak to that!

Question. On November 29th we will be at Epcot. We have an 8:35 adr at Captian's grill at the Yacht club. Epcot has extra magic hours till 11. question is does anyone know how long the international
gateway is open. Really hoping to boat over and back.

The intl gateway is open during regular park hours. You can either walk from YC or take the boat after dinner.

Not Disney related, but super excited as we booked a mini weekend getaway just before Disney to Door County! Weekend of wine with a beach house on Lake Michigan, super excited!!

Wow, kinda wondering about crowd levels during my trip. Pop Century appears to be sold out... at least, when I go to the hotel page, it's not listed as available for the selected dates. (11/12-11/19)

Wow, kinda wondering about crowd levels during my trip. Pop Century appears to be sold out... at least, when I go to the hotel page, it's not listed as available for the selected dates. (11/12-11/19)

Each individual night is sold out?

Honestly, we were there around this time last year due to the low-ish crowd prediction and the predictions were TOTALLY wrong - it was quite crowded most of the time we were there! (You can see Touring Plans prediction versus what the actual crowds were here and check different dates - https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/crowd-calendar/date/2015-11-13). Though, I do think it was free dining last year, so maybe the predictions will be more accurate this time? I remember everyone in the November 2015 thread was having trouble getting dining reservations, but we thought it was just free dining, but it definitely turned out to be much more crowded than expected.

I already have a reservation, so I didn't check each individual night. But it didn't show up on the available list for those dates.

I have a TP subscription, and use it religiously to pick both my travel dates and what parks I go to when, sort of blending it in with Josh's crowd calendars and recommendations too. I made a trip in October 2014, and found that I didn't even really need FP+ for 95% of the park attractions, even during F&W - but it was handy to have for Soarin', etc. I was hoping for similar crowd levels this trip, but am starting to get a little nervous. Taking my new DP there, and don't want her to have a bad experience, so she'll want to go back as often as I do! :D

I already have a reservation, so I didn't check each individual night. But it didn't show up on the available list for those dates.

I have a TP subscription, and use it religiously to pick both my travel dates and what parks I go to when, sort of blending it in with Josh's crowd calendars and recommendations too. I made a trip in October 2014, and found that I didn't even really need FP+ for 95% of the park attractions, even during F&W - but it was handy to have for Soarin', etc. I was hoping for similar crowd levels this trip, but am starting to get a little nervous. Taking my new DP there, and don't want her to have a bad experience, so she'll want to go back as often as I do! :D

It could just be a night in there sold out, and maybe not the whole time :)

After last year, I'm sticking with Josh's recommendations, lol. I do like TP for helping me plan individual days, even though we always end up off-plan! I think sticking with general stuff, like taking advantage of light crowd mornings, visiting MK on party nights, and such goes a long way to help combat crowds! We chose not to wait in any long lines last year (longer than 20 minutes), because I knew my toddler wouldn't tolerate, but still had plenty to do!

I hope you like Pop! I took my nieces there several years ago, and it was such a fun resort :)

I was at Pop in 2012, and I swore after that trip that I would never stay in another Value resort. My DH (now ex-DH) and I don't have kids, and while I do love kids and spoil the snot out of my niece, we just prefer a quieter place to relax after a long day in the parks. The food court at Pop was a madhouse, even during the "off" season. But I just bought a new house, and I'd rather spend that extra $1000 or so it would take to stay at a moderate on the house, so we're going as cheap as we can while still staying on property. I did request a room in the 50s section, lakeside, as I read that was one of the quieter spots at Pop.

I would assume that it's probably sold out for only a couple of nights, as that is the last few days of the Epcot F&W.

So people might be getting in there last eating and drinking sessions before having to wait another year:drinking1

Yeah, that's possible! I am hoping some of the F&W crowd will clear out after it ends.

Is it November yet?!?!?! We will be down Thanksgiving week staying at the GFV! So excited!

I've been to Disney World many times and had the old FP system down perfectly. I have to say I'm a little stressed about the new FP+! Trying to just tell myself that we'll be back next June for 10 days so whatever we don't get to do this November, we can do then!

Is it November yet?!?!?! We will be down Thanksgiving week staying at the GFV! So excited!

I've been to Disney World many times and had the old FP system down perfectly. I have to say I'm a little stressed about the new FP+! Trying to just tell myself that we'll be back next June for 10 days so whatever we don't get to do this November, we can do then!

I was stressed about FP+ too (did it for the first time last year), but it really wasn't that bad! I had no trouble booking everything we wanted to do, even if the times weren't perfect.

We'll also be there that week, doing a split between BCV and CSR :)
I understand being stressed if it's your first time with FP+, I felt the same way. We've used it 6 times now (and have them scheduled for a 7th time). It's really not hard; will you like it better than old FP? You'll have to wait and see and I'm not giving my opinion lol, but I will say, especially for Thanksgiving week, try not to schedule them early in the morning if you do RD as you will still be able to do rides with short(er) waits for a couple hours. Try to make your FP's for after at least 11.

We'll also be there that week, doing a split between BCV and CSR :)
I understand being stressed if it's your first time with FP+, I felt the same way. We've used it 6 times now (and have them scheduled for a 7th time). It's really not hard; will you like it better than old FP? You'll have to wait and see and I'm not giving my opinion lol, but I will say, especially for Thanksgiving week, try not to schedule them early in the morning if you do RD as you will still be able to do rides with short(er) waits for a couple hours. Try to make your FP's for after at least 11.

Good idea! I think we are going to try and do ours for mid afternoon, depending on if we are going to stick to one park per day or not...We are so up in the air still in regards to plans. It's a miracle we have ADR's!

I was so excited when an 8:15 BOG ADR opened up only to have my bubble burst when I realized that MKs hrs will probably change to 8am opening and it will no longer be a PPO ADR. Ugh! I guess I'll just keep looking for another time. I don't want to waste a rope drop.

I was so excited when an 8:15 BOG ADR opened up only to have my bubble burst when I realized that MKs hrs will probably change to 8am opening and it will no longer be a PPO ADR. Ugh! I guess I'll just keep looking for another time. I don't want to waste a rope drop.
Thanksgiving week......yeah :rolleyes: Last year I believe MK ended up opening at 8am every day from at least the Tuesday before Thanksgiving and possibly a day or two before. You can always take an ADR that is currently PPO and drop it if park hours change and you no longer want it. In most cases for a holiday week you can go by last years' hours; however, Disney does sometimes do.....things that surprise those of us who go often lol, and nothing is guaranteed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter