OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 pretrip and trip report!

Looks good. You are making me home sick. That site looks plenty big enough for my 5er.

j

Especially since you could spot your axles at the back of the paved pad and let the back portion of your trailer hang over the tent pad. I pulled out my trusty tape measure and since we're slanted at an angle, the short side is about 67 feet paved and the long side is about 80 feet paved. Yes, I'd say you would fit in here.

You would like this site. The back of it through the brush and trees looks right back at the intersection of Big Pine Trail and Fort Wilderness Trail (the 3-way stop at the conjunction of 700, 400, and 100 loops). The golf cart and walking trail are the 4th member of the intersection and if you are in to people watching, it is a great place to put a folding chair back there and watch 'em come and go.

20171029_172941.jpg

Also some of the clip clopping is Cast Members training the draft horses. What makes me say that? We say three BIG horses being ridden with a saddle and the riders were testing the horses with voice commands.

20171029_164723.jpg

These were big animals. They came to the 3-way stop behind me and stopped at the stop sign (duh). Then as i watched, all 3 riders gave the same verbal command at the same time and the animals starting walking through the intersection. The riders praised their horses as they clip clopped along.

It was much the same way my wife has me trained. :crazy:

Bama Ed

PS - we grilled some steaks and had take-out french fries from TE, a cut tomato, and a bottle of Cabernet at the picnic table. DE-licious. Going to take some pictures of the nighttime decorations soon.

I think they are the horses for the headless horseman
Same Belgium horses they use and need to make sure they can ride them without seeing well. They rode by twice in the 400 loop.

As it was getting dark Dad and I hopped on the golf cart to see the sites (sights?) at night.

While there are many photo-worthy decorations, here are a few:

In 400 a nice good sized setup:

20171029_190344.jpg

This one caught my eye:

20171029_190417.jpg

In 500 there is a good setup on the outside about 3/4th of the way around so I split it into two. Here is right side:

20171029_190550_LLS.jpg

And here is left side.

20171029_190606_LLS.jpg

After rolling through 300, we entered 1400 and picked up some hitchhiking ghosts at this site.

20171029_191137.jpg

Getting Joe and his daughter, we didn't have to ride far to see a pirate ship set up at the site near the 1400 comfort station that backs up to the sing along campfire area.

20171029_191643_LLS.jpg

20171029_191807_LLS.jpg

Then it was into the 1600-1900 cluster where in 1600 just past Terri is a Haunted Mansion house being built. Soft opening tomorrow with actors and walk through frights on Halloween night. The outside green lights are like the HM lights and you can see the white lights inside that it's still a work in progress.

20171029_192520.jpg

This was a long string of inflatables in 1700.

20171029_193457.jpg

I have put an orange bulb and a mask on my Mickey Globe light and hung some orange and purple lights around my EZ ups.

20171029_200114.jpg

People are looping in carts and on foot at night. It's a very active time.

garneska, I'm planning on a little 5k run tomorrow. Gonna do the loop that goes down to WL via the exercise trail, across World Drive to the TTC, under the waterway past the Contemporary to the MK entrance (as close as I can get now with the new security), and then to the back of the Contemporary. Walk to the dock, catch the boat to the Fort, and back to my spot.

Bama Ed

PS - can anyone tell my why my tent camping neighbors leave their tv on in their screen room and then head out for the night? It's playing "Circle of Life" and there is no one watching it. But hey, they left out all their liquor bottles too so there is that....

Last edited:

As it was getting dark Dad and I hopped on the golf cart to see the sites (sights?) at night.

While there are many photo-worthy decorations, here are a few:

In 400 a nice good sized setup:

View attachment 280301

This one caught my eye:

View attachment 280305

In 500 there is a good setup on the outside about 3/4th of the way around so I split it into two. Here is right side:

View attachment 280306

And here is left side.

View attachment 280307

After rolling through 300, we entered 1400 and picked up some hitchhiking ghosts at this site.

View attachment 280308

Getting Joe and his daughter, we didn't have to ride far to see a pirate ship set up at the site near the 1400 comfort station that backs up to the sing along campfire area.

View attachment 280309

View attachment 280310

Then it was into the 1600-1900 cluster where in 1600 just past Terri is a Haunted Mansion house being built. Soft opening tomorrow with actors and walk through frights on Halloween night. The outside green lights are like the HM lights and you can see the white lights inside that it's still a work in progress.

View attachment 280311

This was a long string of inflatables in 1700.

View attachment 280312

I have put an orange bulb and a mask on my Mickey Globe light and hung some orange and purple lights around my EZ ups.

View attachment 280314

People are looping in carts and on foot at night. It's a very active time.

garneska, I'm planning on a little 5k run tomorrow. Gonna do the loop that goes down to WL via the exercise trail, across World Drive to the TTC, under the waterway past the Contemporary to the MK entrance (as close as I can get now with the new security, and then to the back of the Contemporary. Walk to the dock, catch the boat to the Fort, and back to my spot.

Bama Ed

PS - can anyone tell my why my tent camping neighbors leave their tv on in their screen room and then head out for the night? It's playing "Circle of Life" and there is no one watching it. But hey, they left out all their liquor bottles too so there is that....

We went through the haunted house last year, very neat, they definitely put a lot of time and effort in it. They have been putting it together since we got here on Friday.

Ed, we drove by your site, but you were out looping. We may have passed you on the road somewhere.

Enjoy the 5k. My hip is not so great, but am doing treadmill runs at the moment to keep off the hills. I have started physical therapy so hoping to get on track soon. Enjoying all the pic. Am looking forward to my trip in three weeks.

Forgot to tell you all earlier, but for dinner we used the feature on the MDE to preorder and pay for our food and then pick it up. Much faster and less hassle than waiting in line. Will be using it for all QS meals in the future where it is available.

Ed, would be a shame to slip over there, accidentally trip on the cord and unplug it all then, just because it is possible, you might have a bottle of liquor fall into your pocket and you not discover it until you were back inside the Aliner.

I mean, it could happen...

Ed, would be a shame to slip over there, accidentally trip on the cord and unplug it all then, just because it is possible, you might have a bottle of liquor fall into your pocket and you not discover it until you were back inside the Aliner.

I mean, it could happen...

Let's just say the squirrels told me where the tv's OFF switch was .... :rolleyes1

PS - I can hear the EWP at WL now. It will be here in a few minutes even LOUDER.

So close and now yet so far up here in Lake Mary....I think you said you could sleep 3 in the A-liner, Ed....:rolleyes1

Had a great golf cart ride with BamaEd and Mr Ed his Dad. They dropped us a Pioneer Hall so I could get a chicken dinner to go. After taking the wrong bus we finally made it back and ate. He are pictures I promised. First is my site 1402 before decorating but after washing things. the second is the Mickey Light with the cool Jack Skellington decal Steve sent me. I love it.Site1402.jpg Jack.jpg

So close and now yet so far up here in Lake Mary....I think you said you could sleep 3 in the A-liner, Ed....:rolleyes1

We have room for one more in my big camper. I have a fold out queen bed with a deluxe air mattress you're welcome to.

We have room for one more in my big camper. I have a fold out queen bed with a deluxe air mattress you're welcome to.

That probably makes more sense! However, I suppose I should stay up here in the hotel my company paid for....sounds like Bama and Mr. Ed's golf cart is really getting used well for all of us hitch hikers so far ! Hope the takeout was good....sorry got your message too late to join at dinner...would have been fun...at least you got to go looping instead

Glad everyone had a safe trip in. Enjoying reading alone on this TR at 1 am while I'm offshore working well grilling some hot dogs now, just as good as popcorn Tiggerdad but when you don't have any popcorn..., I see know when is the best time to go and meet fellow DIS'ers.

Hey Randy, Yes there are plenty of Disers here. Hope to meet them all. Also many from a Facebook page I'm on. Got up this morning enjoying the cool crip air watching the Fort slowly come to life while drinking coffee from my favorite Mickey mug.

Good Monday morning all!

I hope you folks are up for more pics. My new method that works best for me in this post-Photobucket world is as follows: take pix on my Android phone (proper sized), go to the Gallery later to choose the pictures to share, and attach them to an email I send myself on the gmail account. Then I go to my Chromebook and open Gmail and they're there - it's almost instantaneous. Download them and it's ready to post. I have found this easier, even though more steps, than posting directly from the phone.

Anyway last night I checked out the Sleepy Hollow scene (no tickets for it) but more how it was set up at the Fort. At the Settlement bus stop walking toward Pioneer Hall, you see the first sign:

20171029_205955.jpg

Out front of the Horse Barn you see this:

20171029_205658_LLS.jpg

The entrance of the barn looks like this just inside the big sliding doors:

20171029_205729.jpg

Now this morning I set off down the exercise trail about 545am in the dark and could hear music coming from the MK. They were practicing/running through a Christmas show/parade/MVMCP whatever because I distinctly heard a song that was Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas" and then I also heard Goofy's voice say very clearly, "Ho Ho Ho Here We Go". The sound stopped a little after 615am.

After the TTC I followed World Drive under the water way past the Contemp:

20171030_063221.jpg

And close to Space Mountain:

20171030_063620.jpg

Teamubr, after I finished the run I cooled down at the Contemporary and followed your advice and located your fireworks viewing location - or someplace close to it (thanks for the advice - going to try it out this trip):

20171030_065251.jpg

The sun was beginning to rise in the east (you can see Venus up in the night sky):

20171030_065728.jpg

By the time I got to the Contemp pier it was getting brighter (note the boat from WL coming in on the right side):

20171030_070249.jpg

By the time my Fort boat came, it was a strong contrast of darkness and light over Discovery Island:

20171030_070745.jpg

This morning here sitting next to Times Square, tltay2005 and her DH stopped by this morning to chat. Nice to revisit with them.

Now clean up, breakfast, and golf cart decorating. 49F this morning, btw, 57F now clear blue sky and beautiful.

Bama Ed

Let's just say the squirrels told me where the tv's OFF switch was .... :rolleyes1

PS - I can hear the EWP at WL now. It will be here in a few minutes even LOUDER.
We heard it several times last night while we were looping, we waved when we drove by Ed. Not that you saw us.

Which dis'er is the organ golf cart? Loved them last year and saw it with a disboards sign behind it at a site last night.

We are set up finally in 409 right before dark last night. A box of decorations did not make it. But alot did, so it's a Nightmare Before Christmas Halloween Town and your welcome to stop by and say hi!!! Even offer you a beer if you want one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter