***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 2 AK CM previews.
Regarding the body size question. As guests were leaving for the night, I noticed a very tall gentlemen. It turns out that I had worked with him in the past. I stopped him and asked if he had any issues with FoP. He said absolutely not. How tall are you, I asked? 6'-8" was his response. He was not over weight or thin. After Pandora closed, I returned to the FoP Que entrance and once again I asked one of the CMs, have there been any issues with people not being able to ride. Her response, "I am not aware of any." However that was just one of a number of CMs and may or may not be an indicator of the overall ridership. I can't say that everything is hunky-dory, but if it's an issue, it appears that it's not affecting many people.

There are warning signs at FoP. It's the usual and customary wording, IE, ride at your own risk.

I viewed numerous Banshee toys as people exited. They are going to sell a ton. Very cute, can't help but like them.

All and all, a somewhat better day, lots of changes getting people in. The lines are still too long prior to entering, and not everyone got a FP for FoP. Some people were in line 90 minutes before opening.

Lots of other stuff that may be of interest, but I'm in the unwinding mode. 6 hours of standing, why am I doing this at my age?

Regarding the body size question. As guests were leaving for the night, I noticed a very tall gentlemen. It turns out that I had worked with him in the past. I stopped him and asked if he had any issues with FoP. He said absolutely not. How tall are you, I asked? 6'-8" was his response. He was not over weight or thin. After Pandora closed, I returned to the FoP Que entrance and once again I asked one of the CMs, have there been any issues with people not being able to ride. Her response, "I am not aware of any." However that was just one of a number of CMs and may or may not be an indicator of the overall ridership. I can't say that everything is hunky-dory, but if it's an issue, it appears that it's not affecting many people.

Thanks for the info!

I viewed numerous Banshee toys as people exited. They are going to sell a ton. Very cute, can't help but like them.

I may have to go home with one...

Lots of other stuff that may be of interest, but I'm in the unwinding mode. 6 hours of standing, why am I doing this at my age?

Because its fun and what would we do without you? ;)

Oh you are still parking at the front! Heard CMs may have to go park at MK during Avatar opening weekend.
It's true. Yesterday, entertainment CMs were told to park at MK beginning this Saturday. That will add on an hour+ to their work day... without additional pay.
It was made official today, still not great, but not as bad as I first thought. It applies to only this coming Sat, the two following weekends and the next Sat. Cast will be paid during transportation time. It's still not something that applies to me.

It was made official today, still not great, but not as bad as I first thought. It applies to only this coming Sat, the two following weekends and the next Sat. Cast will be paid during transportation time. It's still not something that applies to me.
The notice to Entertainment CMs said pay for walk-time but not the transport time. Maybe they determined they needed to add the transport pay after the union was consulted. :)

Day 2 AK CM previews.

There are warning signs at FoP. It's the usual and customary wording, IE, ride at your own risk.

All and all, a somewhat better day, lots of changes getting people in. The lines are still too long prior to entering, and not everyone got a FP for FoP. Some people were in line 90 minutes before opening.

This is promising!!! Do you know if his height was more in his legs? Just wondering as that is where our height is. Thank you for your info!

Are people anticipating more crowd craziness this summer here vs new fantasyland when that opened? I dealt with that and whole Belle,BOG, 7DMT line craziness. Just trying to mentally prepare myself for end Aug/Sep. i am thinking Pandora wont be so bad. Especially as MK is still more the draw for families with smaller kids. And the 44 inch requirement for FOP

Are people anticipating more crowd craziness this summer here vs new fantasyland when that opened? I dealt with that and whole Belle,BOG, 7DMT line craziness. Just trying to mentally prepare myself for end Aug/Sep. i am thinking Pandora wont be so bad. Especially as MK is still more the draw for families with smaller kids. And the 44 inch requirement for FOP

Hard to know for sure but attendance has been down overall (they are offering pretty good summer discounts) so I'd say overall crowds might be lower - that said if FoP really is a "game changer" ride I could see lines be really, really long for it

Does anyone have a picture of the banshee toy to share?
This is from Ebay, I'll try and get better ones today
s-l1600.jpg

well, I'mm off. No measuring tape, sorry ;)
Will report as often as I can, I apologize in advance for all the typos that are about to come in my posts :D
And May the 4th Be With You
May the 4th be with you ~ it will help you nab a FoP FP! I'm glad you are lining up early. Have a great time and see you later at Studios!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter