***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never noticed, did anyone mention what time the park cleared of Guests last night? When did the rides finally clear?

Planning to RD FOP on our first day. Using rider switch but we'd both like to see the queue. Can our whole family walk through and then my husband use a chicken exit with our 1 year old or better yet do the rider switch right at the loading/unloading area?

One more question. Assuming DH and DS can't wait in the queue with us, what would happen if I waited in the queue with my 6 year old and she got scared and changed her mind about riding (on this or any other rider switch attraction) at the loading area? I'm not sure that I'd be comfortable separating from her to ride on my own but I'd hate to miss the ride. Would the CM's let me walk her down to her dad and come back? I don't think this will happen but I'm such a planner!

It doesn't sound like it's happening often anymore but is there anyone that has had the experience of having a FP for FOP and then getting there and finding out you don't fit? What, if anything, are they doing In that case?

I never noticed, did anyone mention what time the park cleared of Guests last night? When did the rides finally clear?

I stood in front of the tree of life for about 45 minutes. There was a steady flow of people coming from pandora all night but they also didn't let anyone at emh ride anything. at 1am when I left I noticed it was basically me and the line of people leaving.. I'm not sure where the other CMs and photopass photographers went away but it was a ghost town... almost nothing was opened around AK the rest of th night.. basically EE and ROL.. no shops, no carts, you coulnd't even get water on your way out for the ride..

I wasn't in pandora to see what was left but I want to think by the casual nature of everyone leaving the cms started the push to leave and it was probably clear at 1:15-1:30 if I had to guess..

Just got to AK. Pandora is not open for more guests right now. They will reopen it at 11:00

The line now, at 10, is at pizzafari

If we find awful lines tonight we may plan to come back early evening a different day and just hang a while. We have a couple FP just to have something to do on case there are lines

Just remember nobody in preview saw it at night so at the moment there is a little rush... Also the last schools still opened I think have tuesday as their last day (maybe wed), there might be rush just after that...

Just got to AK. Pandora is not open for more guests right now. They will reopen it at 11:00

The line now, at 10, is at pizzafari

That is actually amazing. It was all the way back to the other entrance in harambe and looped starting to come back the other way by 11pm when I walked out of pandora... You'll get in fine.

They seem to be doing this to encourage non-resort guests that it's time to leave by giving them nothing to do.

I have an unusual question that may not be easily answered. I have a visual impairment in my left eye (legally blind). 99% of the time when I watch something projected in 3-D using 3-D glasses, I don't experience the 3-D effects. Peripheral vision to my left is very impaired. Since the screen for FOP is curved, where is the best place for me to be (left, right or middle)?

I have an unusual question that may not be easily answered. I have a visual impairment in my left eye (legally blind). 99% of the time when I watch something projected in 3-D using 3-D glasses, I don't experience the 3-D effects. Peripheral vision to my left is very impaired. Since the screen for FOP is curved, where is the best place for me to be (left, right or middle)?

FOP doesn't have the curved screen problems that circular imax or soarin does.. It's a very clear image the entire screen and a good visual focus near the center to keep your attention away from the edges. There is no bad seat, I've been in a few different places to ride.

but of course, just let the CM that is sorting into ride lines know just in case they have a better row for you.

The line was to scan as resort guests. They got that done and we are now held in the roped area till 11

FOP doesn't have the curved screen problems that circular imax or soarin does.. It's a very clear image the entire screen and a good visual focus near the center to keep your attention away from the edges. There is no bad seat, I've been in a few different places to ride.

but of course, just let the CM that is sorting into ride lines know just in case they have a better row for you.

Thank you...will do!

And I was replying to someone saying FoP is comparable to anything Potter. Both Potter rides were truly bleeding edge ride technology, absolute first of their kind, and still ONLY of their kind. For FoP, yeah, the video resolution is much higher, and the screen is larger in your view, and your viewing position is better, but simply stating the base tech is nothing remotely new. It's one of those horrible screen rides that Universal keeps doing. But it's Disney so it's phenomenal.

I'm well aware I'm in a minority that just doesn't get how amazing Soarin' is, but it's still considered one of the like top 3 rides in WDW in popularity polls, but I would rather ride Mr. Toad over Soarin'.

I've only been to the IoA side of HP and love the castle and was blown away just walking thru the land, but I did not feel the Forbidden Journey ride itself lived up to all the hype. Yeah the suspended seating contraption moving us thru video chambers was innovative but a lot of it mimicked Spider-Man with flash in the pan movements thru a ton of busy video screens. No comparison to the "bleeding edge" tech delivering the immersive experience of flying that FoP gives. They really aren't comparable IMO.

I've seen a lot of postings about how the ride is so smooth. My mother is bringing my grandmother in October. The doctors have told her to be very careful about her neck. The slightest jarring can cause her some real problems. She won't even go on the safari. To anyone who's ridden it, do you think she'd be ok to ride it? Are there any jarring moments that could cause her neck to whip around?
This is the warning for the attraction.

IMG_2149.jpg
If her issue was just that she might be uncomfortable, it would be one thing.
Given what you wrote, I would not want to risk it.

I've only been to the IoA side of HP and love the castle and was blown away just walking thru the land, but I did not feel the Forbidden Journey ride itself lived up to all the hype. Yeah the suspended seating contraption moving us thru video chambers was innovative but a lot of it mimicked Spider-Man with flash in the pan movements thru a ton of busy video screens. No comparison to the "bleeding edge" tech delivering the immersive experience of flying that FoP gives. They really aren't comparable IMO.
I'll be interested in being able to make the comparison in Aug. We when to Universal Hollywood and rode FJ for the first time this past January. I had ZERO expectations... I'm not someone who follows the happenings at Universal at all. I was impressed by the land itself, and thought the ride was great. Will be interesting to compare to FoP...

I've seen a lot of postings about how the ride is so smooth. My mother is bringing my grandmother in October. The doctors have told her to be very careful about her neck. The slightest jarring can cause her some real problems. She won't even go on the safari. To anyone who's ridden it, do you think she'd be ok to ride it? Are there any jarring moments that could cause her neck to whip around?

I personally wouldn't ride it if I was her and that was what my doctor told me as a warning..... It's rather smooth but you do get tilted forward and back, side to side.. there is a slight bounce to the ride because it's simulating a winged creature but it's very very subtle that most probably didn't even notice it until they read this. Now to compare, the boat rides with how they bounce against the track and into each other is far worse.. Cars, boats, buses are more jarring to your neck then this ride.. There is at least 1 startle moment and if she jumps, that will probably be when it happens.

HOWEVER, and the reason I wouldn't ride is because if a they need to stop the ride in an emergency, any ride will no longer feel smooth as it comes to an instant stop. I don't really know what that would mean for this ride but if it's when your at an extreme angle riding it, I can see it being a jarring motion to everyone riding....

I'll be interested in being able to make the comparison in Aug. We when to Universal Hollywood and rode FJ for the first time this past January. I had ZERO expectations... I'm not someone who follows the happenings at Universal at all. I was impressed by the land itself, and thought the ride was great. Will be interesting to compare to FoP...

look forward to hearing about it. Crazy that Aug seems so far off even though it's a little more than 2 months away.

So Tuesday we have a FP for FOP that ends at 8:30p. We are staying on site. Will we be allowed to stay in Pandora until/through EMH? Or at some point will we have to leave? When will they not let us get in line for NRJ?

Wow, it's pretty clear our opinions of what is bleeding edge is are completely different.

You even thow in a swipe at Universal being screen rides (Forbidden Journey of all rides) while discussing the greatness of FoP.

I'm stunned really. And that's all I have to say about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter