Official September 2012 planning thread! List on page 30!

I'm joining in! We don't have definite plans, but we may do a cruise and a couple days at the World. We were going to skip a year, but I'm thinking I won't be able to.:rotfl: Hope you don't mind me stalking the thread before we have plans in place. I can feed on your enthusiasm meanwhile.:goodvibes

Absolutely! Stalk away! I know it is so hard not to have something planned. My husband tells me all the time that I like the planning process more than vacation itself, but that's not true. I do love planning though.

staying at the All Star Music Family Suite, my 18 y/o DD just told us she is getting married and so I guess we just went from a family of 5 going to a family of 4...maybe reconsidering family suite now that we are 4, but LOVE the room of the suite. Some must do's for us this time (ADR wise) CRT, 50's prime time (never been), biergarten (never been), o'hana, le cellier, and my fingers, toes, and everything else that will cross will be crossed to be able to visit be our guest and that it is open and ready to go...:wizard:

Planning another Sept. trip but haven't decided on the dates yet. I do know we will be staying at the Dolphin again. :)

We have 2 trips planned for 2012; January & September. My sister recently retired from 39 yrs of teaching and bought into DVC so we are going on her points. Staying for 7 days BWV & 5 days at OKW. We are so excited. :banana:

We paid our deposit today and officially confirmed our cruise!

Our dates will be:

WDW, 9/12-9/13
Disney Dream, 9/13-9/16

Yay!! :yay: Will be celebrating our 8th Wedding Anniversary and our youngest DD's 4th birthday!

Count us in!!! We booked the bounceback offer from our past trip and will be heading down September 27-October 7. This will be our longest trip to date and are super excited!! We are staying at CSR :banana: We have a short 3-4 day trip planned in March, but we arent staying onsite and are doing "other" orlando things.. whatever they may be! :rotfl:

We'rw going Aug 30-Sept 15. Booked at BWV. Besides my husband and I, my cousin and his wife will be joining us for their first trip to WDW. That will be a blast.

Count us in!!! We booked the bounceback offer from our past trip and will be heading down September 27-October 7. This will be our longest trip to date and are super excited!! We are staying at CSR :banana: We have a short 3-4 day trip planned in March, but we arent staying onsite and are doing "other" orlando things.. whatever they may be! :rotfl:
Yay, another familiar face! Those are almost the same exact dates as L-Harper!

Hey everyone - been forever since I was on the boards - we got back about 4 weeks ago and what a blast we had!!! And guess what - hubby told me the other day he wants to go back next September - just the 3 of us though this time... :D So we booked Pop again - LOVED IT!!! Only frustrating part was the buses but since its just us 3 and not a group of 11 should be easier... and we are thinking of getting the plus dining so we get lots of character and fun dining experiences... :cool1: only 300+ days to go :rotfl:

Right now we are booked for the 8th to the 15th - was thinking the week of Labour Day but wasn't sure what the crowds were like...

I am planning a 1st Disney trip for my family.

I am torn on dates between Sept 29- Oct 5 or Oct 13- Oct 19th.

Is it more humid/hotter at the end of Sept than middle of Oct?

Seems like the crowd levels are higher in Oct also?

I want to beat heat and crowds, but don't want to go in Jan. :)

We booked Sept 1st-8th at the POR again. It seems like a long wait, but I know we'll blink our eyes and Sept will be rolling around again :banana:

I'm also super excited about our surprise Jan trip!!!: We were waiting on airfare, hoping prices would come down (we're a fam of 4 and the total was about $1150 :scared1:) Well, guess what??? I booked during SWAs recent fare sale, and we got our tickets for $605! That's HALF what we were looking at before! :yay: I'm most excited about waking the kids up that morning, already being packed up, and saying "GET DRESSED...WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY!" If we never do two trips in a year again, I know we'll never forget this one. So now we're planning for Jan 28th-31st, and Sept 1st-8th.

Now, we just need to decide on those ADRs.....

Hey everyone - been forever since I was on the boards - we got back about 4 weeks ago and what a blast we had!!! And guess what - hubby told me the other day he wants to go back next September - just the 3 of us though this time... :D So we booked Pop again - LOVED IT!!! Only frustrating part was the buses but since its just us 3 and not a group of 11 should be easier... and we are thinking of getting the plus dining so we get lots of character and fun dining experiences... :cool1: only 300+ days to go :rotfl:

Right now we are booked for the 8th to the 15th - was thinking the week of Labour Day but wasn't sure what the crowds were like...

I wont be able to book for a few months yet.... probably Feb. But the dates I plan on going are Sept 9-14th! While I loved POR and would love to stay there again, I don't think it will be in the budget.... so will go with my second choice and favorite value resort....POP!

So if all works out we may be at Pop at the same time!!!

I also want to try to go to MNSSHP, never been and have been trying to think of ideas.... got a good idea, but need to figure out how to implement it.... yeah its not halloween yet, and I am trying to plan a costume for next year.... lol

I think I may be obsessed?!?!?!?!?!:lmao:

Thanks for starting this thread anjalee6! I've been scheming and planning for our September trip already. We will be doing a graduation trip for DD with DH, DS, DIL, DS, DBFF, and myself. Our dates are 9-15 Sept and will also encompass my birthday and DDs birthday:cool1: Haven't made reservations yet (will be doing that in February), but are planning on a 2 bedroom villa at Kidani village. We are BIG AKL fans and we are excited to try out Kidani. This will be our first time staying in a 2 bedroom!!! We'll have 4 day hoppers and plan EPCOT 2 days, HS, MK, and AK split with either HS or MK. Our tentative dining plans are lunch at LeCellier and the Wave, and dinner at Teppan Edo. Also, Earl of Sandwich (a must) and Pizza Planet (not my fav, but the family likes it). The rest of our meals will be cooked by teams of two from our family--I thought I'd spread the fun around:laughing: I'd like to do the Jiko Wine Tasting while we are there. Can't wait to actually start making reservations and planning the days!!!

Everybody got so busy today! :goodvibes I updated page 1 with all of our plans or tentative plans. Let me know if anything changes.

staying at the All Star Music Family Suite, my 18 y/o DD just told us she is getting married and so I guess we just went from a family of 5 going to a family of 4...maybe reconsidering family suite now that we are 4, but LOVE the room of the suite. Some must do's for us this time (ADR wise) CRT, 50's prime time (never been), biergarten (never been), o'hana, le cellier, and my fingers, toes, and everything else that will cross will be crossed to be able to visit be our guest and that it is open and ready to go...:wizard:

We have never been to 50's either. It makes me nervous that they get mad when you don't eat all your food. My son eats like a slug and hardly eats a thing and I think it might make him cry is someone were to yell at him for not eating. :laughing:

Planning another Sept. trip but haven't decided on the dates yet. I do know we will be staying at the Dolphin again. :)

Yay! Welcome!

We have 2 trips planned for 2012; January & September. My sister recently retired from 39 yrs of teaching and bought into DVC so we are going on her points. Staying for 7 days BWV & 5 days at OKW. We are so excited. :banana:

Lucky you. Two trips.

We paid our deposit today and officially confirmed our cruise!

Our dates will be:

WDW, 9/12-9/13
Disney Dream, 9/13-9/16

Yay!! :yay: Will be celebrating our 8th Wedding Anniversary and our youngest DD's 4th birthday!

That sounds like fun. We are still debating whether to do a cruise sometime. I really want to try a Disney cruise.

Yay! Weclome again!

We'rw going Aug 30-Sept 15. Booked at BWV. Besides my husband and I, my cousin and his wife will be joining us for their first trip to WDW. That will be a blast.

Sounds like fun. I love taking people to Disney for their first time. It's so fun to see their reactions to things.

Welcome back! I know what you mean about the buses. We usually take our car and then half uses our car, half buses. This time we only had the buses since we flew. It was a whole different experience, but it wasn't so bad.

I am planning a 1st Disney trip for my family.

I am torn on dates between Sept 29- Oct 5 or Oct 13- Oct 19th.

Is it more humid/hotter at the end of Sept than middle of Oct?

Seems like the crowd levels are higher in Oct also?

I want to beat heat and crowds, but don't want to go in Jan. :)

I have never been in October, but I would think that it might be a little cooler in October but I don't think by too much. We went in later September-early October this year and it was great during the day...very warm, but then cooler at night. I needed a sweatshirt two nights.

We booked Sept 1st-8th at the POR again. It seems like a long wait, but I know we'll blink our eyes and Sept will be rolling around again :banana:

I'm also super excited about our surprise Jan trip!!!: We were waiting on airfare, hoping prices would come down (we're a fam of 4 and the total was about $1150 :scared1:) Well, guess what??? I booked during SWAs recent fare sale, and we got our tickets for $605! That's HALF what we were looking at before! :yay: I'm most excited about waking the kids up that morning, already being packed up, and saying "GET DRESSED...WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY!" If we never do two trips in a year again, I know we'll never forget this one. So now we're planning for Jan 28th-31st, and Sept 1st-8th.

Now, we just need to decide on those ADRs.....

Congrats on your flight for Jan. That's awesome.

Thanks for starting this thread anjalee6! I've been scheming and planning for our September trip already. We will be doing a graduation trip for DD with DH, DS, DIL, DS, DBFF, and myself. Our dates are 9-15 Sept and will also encompass my birthday and DDs birthday:cool1: Haven't made reservations yet (will be doing that in February), but are planning on a 2 bedroom villa at Kidani village. We are BIG AKL fans and we are excited to try out Kidani. This will be our first time staying in a 2 bedroom!!! We'll have 4 day hoppers and plan EPCOT 2 days, HS, MK, and AK split with either HS or MK. Our tentative dining plans are lunch at LeCellier and the Wave, and dinner at Teppan Edo. Also, Earl of Sandwich (a must) and Pizza Planet (not my fav, but the family likes it). The rest of our meals will be cooked by teams of two from our family--I thought I'd spread the fun around:laughing: I'd like to do the Jiko Wine Tasting while we are there. Can't wait to actually start making reservations and planning the days!!!

We love both Jambo and Kidani for different reasons and stay at both a lot. I don't think we could stay anywhere else now. The two bedrooms are so nice. So much room. The extra bathroom is great.

We are still debating whether to do a cruise sometime. I really want to try a Disney cruise.
Don't debate, go! :) It really is one of those things you have to try at least once. Disney has a 2-night "cruise to nowhere" that leaves out of NYC. It's a good option for first-time cruisers who may not be interested in an actual destination, but just want to explore a ship and get a feel for the cruise life. And then they have 3-night cruises out of Port Canaveral, which is just an hour away from WDW.

Its like we never left each other! :rotfl:
So true! We didn't miss a beat!

Don't debate, go! :) It really is one of those things you have to try at least once. Disney has a 2-night "cruise to nowhere" that leaves out of NYC. It's a good option for first-time cruisers who may not be interested in an actual destination, but just want to explore a ship and get a feel for the cruise life. And then they have 3-night cruises out of Port Canaveral, which is just an hour away from WDW.

If we did go we were thinking of doing a cruise to the Bahamas. We have always wanted to go there too. Hmmm.....gives me something to think about. Thanks. :thumbsup2

If we did go we were thinking of doing a cruise to the Bahamas. We have always wanted to go there too. Hmmm.....gives me something to think about. Thanks. :thumbsup2
Whenever you decide to go, you should try to book cruises when prices are first released. They just released 2013 prices for 3-night cruises to the Bahamas on the Dream last week. So, generally speaking, this would be the time to book for 2013, as prices will go up as you get closer to the sail date. Otherwise, just keep your eye out for 2014 prices to be released next year, or for special offers throughout the year (which are not as good as WDW special offers, but at least it's something).

Check out my trip report for an overview! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter