***Official September 2020 Thread***

25 days to go. I don't start packing until the night before, but I do line up my clothes in the closet that are for vacation and so it is relatively easy.

I have an assortment of masks, sanitizing wipes and small handheld fans in my "arsenal" ready to be put in the suitcase. I have mostly disposable masks because that is what most people have said is the coolest. I am packing 100 disposables (25 each) and putting a few in each person's backpack in case they get sweaty.

We have been out of power almost SIX days dues to the winds of Hurricane Laura and so thinking about vacation is sort of in the back of my mind right now. We have a generator that is running our fridge, 2 freezers, internet, tv, a couple of lamps, microwave, coffee pot and two portable air conditioners. We are doing better than most in our area. We have been trying to help out our neighbors who are mostly older. The heat index is over 105 every day and if you have not experience LA humidity-it is like Florida's.

Prayers to you and your neighbors and everyone in your area that you get power back soon! I know having our generator has been a saving grace when hurricanes and storms come through our area. You are so nice to be helping others out too!

Totally just booked a spur of the moment Disney trip the 20th-24th! Can't believe we're doing this! We're flying this time which is crazy because we've always driven (we're from MN) but we have a Sun Country voucher to use by next June and all four of us can fly round trip with our 1 voucher!

We have no idea what to expect from this trip as I usually plan for a year and have fast passes and reservations that lead us around and determine what we do when. Plus, our kids (16 & 9) have never flown and DH and I haven't flown since 2003!

So excited but so nervous!

We had to move our end of October trip to leaving Sept 15 since mY daughter’s fiancé is a pilot and they denied the October vacation. So only 2 and a half weeks to plan! Thankfully we go down on the auto train, so I can bring the house along. We’ll be 3 nights at HRH, 2 weeks at Vistana and 2 nights at OKW. I was so hoping 10 day tickets would make a comeback.

As we continue to work on our trip the toughest thing to stomach is the lack of park hopping and having to schedule our parks in advance. I’m just grousing. Disney is better than home even without park hopping.
I agree with the park hopping, it was one of like 2 things we missed on our trip last month. We're always hopping and often make last minute plans/decisions so we really felt the no hopping thing. But we still had a great trip and are looking forward to going back this month! As far as scheduling the parks ahead of time I actually don't mind that as much as I minded FP+; not a fan of FP+. We did decide on our trip in July not to do Epcot one day and opted to change to MK and it was easy, all parks were available which I know isn't always the case but at least it's just a park to switch and not losing out on three FP's! I hope you have a great trip, different but great!
We have no idea what to expect from this trip as I usually plan for a year and have fast passes and reservations that lead us around and determine what we do when. Plus, our kids (16 & 9) have never flown and DH and I haven't flown since 2003!
LOL! That will be interesting for your kids flying for the first time! But you'll get there quicker :D As I kind of said above we are NOT planners, we do a bit more if the kids are coming but always end up changing things around - dining, parks, etc. I can't remember the last time we stuck to the plans I had in mind when we arrived! So I enjoyed being there last month because I felt "free" :goodvibes Other than park reservations and trying to get a ROTR BG we had like 2 ADR's heading down. It was easy then to make others day of; now with the earlier closings for Sept. I know it's a bit harder so we made more ADR's than usual but I know we'll end up not going to some of them anyway. So I expect you'll feel weird lol but hopefully in a good way!

Hopping on the spur of the moment train too. Booked a long weekend stay for me and my daughter the 11th-14th since she has that Monday off of school. I plan on surprising her with the news on the way to the airport!

Kids have really suffered the most during all of this I think, and she has managed everything really well with minimal complaining. We could both use a little magic right now and my husband was awesome to be supportive about me wanting to do this. We'll be going to AK and MK. I managed to score a reservation at BOG at closing so we can stay a little later in the park. I keep telling myself that an earlier closing means I may actually get some sleep on this trip.

The lack of planning has been baffling but also nice. I would have never attempted to do this if we had to deal with the old system. I was so excited to hear last night that Gaston's will be reopening this week! We go every trip.

I agree with the park hopping, it was one of like 2 things we missed on our trip last month. We're always hopping and often make last minute plans/decisions so we really felt the no hopping thing. But we still had a great trip and are looking forward to going back this month! As far as scheduling the parks ahead of time I actually don't mind that as much as I minded FP+; not a fan of FP+. We did decide on our trip in July not to do Epcot one day and opted to change to MK and it was easy, all parks were available which I know isn't always the case but at least it's just a park to switch and not losing out on three FP's! I hope you have a great trip, different but great!

LOL! That will be interesting for your kids flying for the first time! But you'll get there quicker :D As I kind of said above we are NOT planners, we do a bit more if the kids are coming but always end up changing things around - dining, parks, etc. I can't remember the last time we stuck to the plans I had in mind when we arrived! So I enjoyed being there last month because I felt "free" :goodvibes Other than park reservations and trying to get a ROTR BG we had like 2 ADR's heading down. It was easy then to make others day of; now with the earlier closings for Sept. I know it's a bit harder so we made more ADR's than usual but I know we'll end up not going to some of them anyway. So I expect you'll feel weird lol but hopefully in a good way!

It's going to be weird because we usually spend a lot of time waiting for autographs and looking for Memory Maker picture sites, both of which we won't be doing this time. A lot more freedom which I think is going to be pretty cool in the end. We were just there in November 2019 which is another reason this is super rare for us to do such a big spur of the moment trip. We have been lucky enough to be able to go every 2-3 years for the last few years (we use the fact that my husband's family is in Sarasota as an excuse, haha!) so we at least it's not a big deal that we're "missing" some of the usual things we do. We're so excited!

Hopping on the spur of the moment train too. Booked a long weekend stay for me and my daughter the 11th-14th since she has that Monday off of school. I plan on surprising her with the news on the way to the airport!

Kids have really suffered the most during all of this I think, and she has managed everything really well with minimal complaining. We could both use a little magic right now and my husband was awesome to be supportive about me wanting to do this. We'll be going to AK and MK. I managed to score a reservation at BOG at closing so we can stay a little later in the park. I keep telling myself that an earlier closing means I may actually get some sleep on this trip.

The lack of planning has been baffling but also nice. I would have never attempted to do this if we had to deal with the old system. I was so excited to hear last night that Gaston's will be reopening this week! We go every trip.

We're not planning to tell our kids until almost the day of either! Our son is a worrier so he'd just be freaked out about flying for the first time and missing school (even though they're only in person every other day), so we're waiting to tell them and totally shock them! I agree with needing a little magic right now. It's going to be so awesome!

We also got a closing BOG which I thought would be fun so we can be in the parks after closing.

Have a great time and enjoy every moment!

I hit single digit today! After all the speed Bumps along the way I can’t believe it’s almost here and we are going. Excited and nervous. This is a trip that was planned pre Covid Actually at the 11 month out mark. We rented DVC so 9 nights at the POLY. My daughter, son in law and granddaughter were supposed to come but with the Covid, it’s too worrisome with a 14 month old. It is now just me and hubby. We would of never made a Disney trip without the kids so this will be different, but fun.

Joining in the fun! Booked for the week of the 13th at CR and BCV. It'll be the first time staying at both resorts! Made the reservations before the Halloween announcements so we're excited to see that. Normally we would never go while it's so hot so I'm hoping I've prepared well enough for that plus the extra Covid precautions.

Leaving this Saturday! Bit concerned about the Labor Day weekend crowds but hoping it will clear out nicely for the remainder of the week next week. Rented DVC points 11 months ago for this trip before the world blew up. Looking forward to being there and taking in all of the new things like the skyliner, Galaxy's Edge, etc.

Joining in the fun! Booked for the week of the 13th at CR and BCV. It'll be the first time staying at both resorts! Made the reservations before the Halloween announcements so we're excited to see that. Normally we would never go while it's so hot so I'm hoping I've prepared well enough for that plus the extra Covid precautions.
Awesome! We have stayed at both and were just at BCV last month :) SAB wasn't open yet so you have that in your favor but even still we prefer the Epcot area resorts to CR although walking to the MK can't be beat! It's so fun staying at new resorts, enjoy!

Packed and ready to go other than the items I'll still use tomorrow morning before heading to the airport. Hope I'm not forgetting anything!
They have stores in Florida. Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter