***Official September 2020 Thread***

I haven't gotten my email yet, I imagine i'll get it soon. We have a package with the QSDP booked.

September crowds are usually low. Even with reduced capacity, I'm wondering if there will really be a noticeable difference in the crowds or will it be a normal September...
The $100,000 question.

Up until the current announcement I was thinking the Sept crowds were going to be crazy high. Now...
I have no idea.

However if the restrictions are slowly lifted over 6 or so weeks (July-Sept) and the reservation system either works out or is dropped then Sept will be crazy busy.

Either way, I'm excited to experience it!

How about crowds via 2000? Now that would be great!

Last edited:

This is what I received today for my September reservation with free dining (summer promo not bounce back
My reservation still says free dining.

An Important Walt Disney World Update​
As we plan for the reopening of our Disney Resort Hotels and Theme Parks, we are keeping the wellbeing of our Guests and Cast in mind. And we’re here to help you as we introduce new procedures focused on delivering an enjoyable and magical experience for everyone who visits.

To manage attendance and foster physical distancing during this unprecedented time, we’ve changed—and even suspended—some dining and other experiences. In addition, we will also be introducing a new Theme Park reservation system as well. We’ll send you details on this new system shortly.
Unfortunately, these new measures have required us to cancel dining reservations and experience reservations you may have made. We recognize the inconvenience this poses and we’re deeply sorry.
There’s nothing you need to do at this time. We’ll be contacting you soon with details on the process of re-booking dining and other experiences—now available 60 days prior to arrival to allow for planning closer to your visit.

At this time, while systems update, we are temporarily suspending all modifications. However, you have the option of canceling your entire reservation.

We’re putting great thought into helping you return to the magic and appreciate your patience.

For more information, please visit disneyworld.com, call 407-W-DISNEY (934-7639), or contact your travel professional or Member Services.

Select third party operated restaurants and certain other experiences may not be cancelled.

I just heard back from David's (broker for DVC points I rented for Labor Day week) and they will ask the DVC owner if they are willing to rebook with a new renter. If they are, and David's is able to find a new renter for my reservation, then I will get a refund minus a $3 per point restocking fee to cover their costs associated with rebooking. Seems pretty fair to me and I'm crossing my fingers that it works out!

I got the dreaded email from Disney. Based on this: However, because you have valid Theme Park admission, you will have access to the Theme Park reservation system before new tickets are sold to other Guests. I am guessing that anyone without theme park admission is definitely second tier regardless of reservation. At least for now.
I still haven't got an email. We are booked first week of September, dining, park hoppers plus......

Me too! I was hoping we would get. A discount for the future if we canceled. It’s losing its magic

Why did your agent suggest rescheduling rather than just working through these changes?
DD will be 18 months in September, so a big part of this trip is going to be her firsts. Not having character meet and greets, parades, and fireworks are important for that type of trip, so not having them really dilutes the whole experience. Missing that stuff wouldn't have been a big deal if it were just the wife and I, but it's obviously a pretty big deal with the baby. I don't know that it makes the most sense to pay what we're paying and not have those elements for her, which is why our agent suggested rescheduling or cancelling.
While I understand the reasoning I feel it's a shame the suggestion at this point was to cancel/ rebook. This early I am not suggesting Sept clients cancel yet; while we do not know that those experiences would return by Sept. it's still months away, with plenty of time to see how things are upon reopening to make a better informed decision. Whenever you end up going I hope you all have a magical time!

I received the generic email yesterday too. I was happy to see that it stated since we already have valid tickets we would have priority on reservations (dining, etc.) once the new system was in place. I wasn't sure since we technically have military salute tickets, though they were already linked and FP's made from our original April trip. So glad to hear they still "count" as real Disney tickets!

I looked in the MDE app and it still shows all of my adr's except Boma. I guess they will be slowly canceling them. I am glad I'm still old school and write down everything on paper. I had all my original FP's written down too in hopes I could try to get close to them when we were able to pick them again.

Now that I'm looking at new hours (which I realize could be changed by the time Sept. rolls around) I am kind of re-thinking our plans. For example, our 1st day we were going to have breakfast at Boma at 8:30 then spend most of the day in AK which would have been open till 8. MK was going to be closed early for MNSSHP but Epcot and HS would still have been open so we could hop. Now I'm thinking since AK is open 8-6 (and we're not sure if park hopping will be allowed) we should do early breakfast at the resort or grab something small at AK, still eat lunch at Satuli Canteen as planned, and either do dinner at Boma or even another resort and save the Boma breakfast for a morning when we're going to HS or Epcot, since they're not showing opening till 10 or 11. So many things to consider! DH is laughing at me since he says he knows I love to plan- yea, and HE gets all the benefits of having a chill vacation because of all my planning!

Anyone else considering changes in HOW you plan your day based on what we currently know?

So my reservation still lists DP several of my ADR have been canceled. Chef Mickeys gone (was there last night) but Sci-fi still there. Sept 8-13

I received the generic email yesterday too. I was happy to see that it stated since we already have valid tickets we would have priority on reservations (dining, etc.) once the new system was in place. I wasn't sure since we technically have military salute tickets, though they were already linked and FP's made from our original April trip. So glad to hear they still "count" as real Disney tickets!

I looked in the MDE app and it still shows all of my adr's except Boma. I guess they will be slowly canceling them. I am glad I'm still old school and write down everything on paper. I had all my original FP's written down too in hopes I could try to get close to them when we were able to pick them again.

Now that I'm looking at new hours (which I realize could be changed by the time Sept. rolls around) I am kind of re-thinking our plans. For example, our 1st day we were going to have breakfast at Boma at 8:30 then spend most of the day in AK which would have been open till 8. MK was going to be closed early for MNSSHP but Epcot and HS would still have been open so we could hop. Now I'm thinking since AK is open 8-6 (and we're not sure if park hopping will be allowed) we should do early breakfast at the resort or grab something small at AK, still eat lunch at Satuli Canteen as planned, and either do dinner at Boma or even another resort and save the Boma breakfast for a morning when we're going to HS or Epcot, since they're not showing opening till 10 or 11. So many things to consider! DH is laughing at me since he says he knows I love to plan- yea, and HE gets all the benefits of having a chill vacation because of all my planning!

Anyone else considering changes in HOW you plan your day based on what we currently know?
I have no idea what we're going to do now lol i feel like at this point I'm on info overload.

I do know we're still going, and will enjoy the lower crowds even with the restrictions. I figure worst case we eat dinner at DS more. There's a lot there we want to try, so it may work out better.

For those of us still keeping our trips...happy planning!!! 😀

Our reservation still shows the Bounce Back Free Dining and still have all our ADR's as of this morning. We are back to a sit back and wait on the trip. It will depend on what park reservations we can get and then what ADR's are available. We still would like to do one TS meal in the parks each day. Also, if they are not opening up all resorts what will happen. I know they are really wanting people to cancel at this point but we are going to play their game for a while and see how it ends. If they really want us to cancel maybe there will be a better deal on the table to rebook for next year.

I got the email about 12 hours ago saying my dining plan will be cancelled and we will be refunded / the price will be adjusted for the difference.

I'm waiting for official news on the halloween party, but if it's been cancelled we're going to be moving our trip to next year. Which I'm fairly certain it will be.

We got the email too, I didn't realize that they were completely doing away with the Dining Plan system for now. That really is not good. Since we hadn't booked on any kind of a special deal, I guess we will just lose the Dining Plan and have to pay out-of-pocket for meals if we decide to go.

Still haven't got the email (we're POR 9/12-20) but I've noticed ADRs dropping. We've lost Hoop-Dee-Doo, Chef Mickey's, and Bon Voyage Breakfast at Trattoria al Forno. We still have BOG, Sci-Fi, 50's Prime Time, Plaza, Jungle Canteen, and Cinderella's Royal Table.
Our backup resort/ticket package starts Nov 28 so I'm bummed I can start putting in ADRs next Monday for that. We'll be waiting until the least full refund date before we cancel anything, to give as much time as possible for getting the most current and best information possible.
We already have tickets for MNSSHP on Sept 15, so we'll have to consider that when we make decisions. By the way, though the special event tickets are usually "non refundable", we have them because Disney allowed us to exchange the purchase price from our MK After Dark tickets to this special event without any fees or loss. I expect to be able to do the same in the event we want to push for MVMCP in Dec.

Still haven't got the email

I still have all of mine (including Cindy) but I know they'll disappear.

We also have tix for Sept 15 Halloween Party! I'm still of the mindset that they are canceling EMH and VAD so I'm fairly certain Halloween is next up on the chopping block.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter