***Official September 2021 Thread***

We have been teetering back and forth if we were going to go for our Sept 24-28 trip. It is to celebrate my daughter's birthday. We were supposed to have gone last year for her 21st birthday and that got canceled. We booked this trip about 6 months ago thinking things should look better. I think we have finally decided we are full steam ahead. Just rearranged some flights and upgraded the rental car to a mini van.

Not there yet, but looking at crowd levels and wait times it sure is slow and not crowded.

Seven Dwarfs was hovering between 35/40 minutes most of the day. Thunder Mt and HM around 10.
Frozen at Epcot never got above 44 minutes.

What's stressing you?
You're right. It's looking pretty slow right now but I can't help being nervous about no social distancing on lines and restaurants. Just wanted to see if anybody was there right now to see what it's like. We're still leaning towards going but can't help wanting as much info as possible.

You're right. It's looking pretty slow right now but I can't help being nervous about no social distancing on lines and restaurants. Just wanted to see if anybody was there right now to see what it's like. We're still leaning towards going but can't help wanting as much info as possible.
I get it now.

Lack of distancing on lines and the buses is concerning me, too.

I get it now.

Lack of distancing on lines and the buses is concerning me, too.

I was at Disneyland a few weeks ago. I thought the lack of distancing in lines would also kind of freak me out a little. But for the most part is was not that bad. Especially in short lines. The times I did tend to get some anxiety was when you had some people near you in an inside line who felt they didn't need to wear their mask properly or at all. The worst lines at DL for this was Smuggler's Run and the TSMM line where it goes inside for a little bit. When I saw this happening, I tried to maneuver our place in line as to put as much space between us and that group.

For our trip at the end of the month, I just upgraded our rental car to a mini van so that we don't have to take bus transportation. My transportation concerns now are taking the tram at their airport from the terminal to the security/baggage claim and possibly taking the monorail from the TTC to MK. I think we may look at taking the ferry boat at the TTC.

We are here now and have been for 5 days. Crowds are pretty low. Haven’t really felt uncomfortable yet. They are using charter buses in addition to Disney buses and everyone wearing masks inside and on transportation. Haven’t been on a bus yet that’s full or people standing. Restaurants are pretty full and that’s really the only place inside with no masks. We haven’t felt uncomfortable yet or seen anyone visibly sick ( I know it’s not always visible but just saying), except a little girl in Le cellier last night that literally coughed from the time she sat down. But we were leaving and I was happy. She was clearly sick and you could tell people were uncomfortable. One family asked to be moved. We don’t stay for HEA because it’s PACKED with unmasked people and I will be honest, it doesn’t matter outside or not, that’s way too many people crammed together for my liking with or without covid.

We don’t stay for HEA because it’s PACKED with unmasked people and I will be honest, it doesn’t matter outside or not, that’s way too many people crammed together for my liking with or without covid.

I hear that. I am thankful that my family is not big on fireworks. They usually want to use that time to get on more rides while people are standing around waiting. If we do watch them, it's usually last moment as we are getting of a ride. So we will definitely be avoiding that zoo.

We are here now and have been for 5 days. Crowds are pretty low. Haven’t really felt uncomfortable yet. They are using charter buses in addition to Disney buses and everyone wearing masks inside and on transportation. Haven’t been on a bus yet that’s full or people standing. Restaurants are pretty full and that’s really the only place inside with no masks. We haven’t felt uncomfortable yet or seen anyone visibly sick ( I know it’s not always visible but just saying), except a little girl in Le cellier last night that literally coughed from the time she sat down. But we were leaving and I was happy. She was clearly sick and you could tell people were uncomfortable. One family asked to be moved. We don’t stay for HEA because it’s PACKED with unmasked people and I will be honest, it doesn’t matter outside or not, that’s way too many people crammed together for my liking with or without covid.
Thanks for sharing! Good idea, will definitely not be staying for fireworks at the parks!

This thread is so quiet. I have to imagine that it is because 1) people are already on their trips or 2) people are in the final packing/planning stages of their trips.

I, for sure, am in the second category.

12 days!! Going to start packing this week sometime. Just so ready to get there..I’m so antsy :upsidedow

Alright September crowd, hoping you can help me turn my current Dispirited Shuffle back into the Happy Dance. I’ve been SO excited for our anniversary trip all summer long. We leave Wednesday for what should be 5 magical days but I am just not feeling excited at all. Nothing to do w the anticipated experience and everything to do w/ work stress/depression really making everything feel like I’m in the bell jar.
On top of that I’m in the first trimester of what is kind of a shocking pregnancy and while I’m thrilled to be pregnant I’m having a hard time reframing my idea of what this trip is going to be, considering I can’t ride some of my favorite attractions and I’m combatting constant low-grade nausea. We’re staying at my favorite resort (YC) and have some fun ADRs (Toppolino’s, Oga’s, Sebastian’s, Tiffins) - what else can I do to get myself hype? :/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter